Chandler Jones Confirms He Requested Trade

https://arizonasports.com/story/2816758/chandler-jones-confirms-he-requested-trade-from-cardinals-over-offseason/#:~:text=Arizona Cardinals linebacker Chandler Jones,by Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.

Arizona Cardinals linebacker Chandler Jones confirmed to reporters Wednesday that he did request a trade during the offseason.

Meeting with the media for the first time this season, Jones confirmed he asked to be dealt in the offseason, which was first reported by Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.

“Yeah, I did ask for a trade,” Jones said Wednesday. “If Steve (Keim) wants to talk about that, he can speak about it, or my agent. But, that is true.”

In the offseason, Fowler reported that Jones was allegedly unhappy with his current deal with the Cardinals. After suffering a biceps injury in 2020, the daunting pass-rusher only played in five games for the Cardinals.

Jones, 31, is set to be an unrestricted free agent after the 2021 season. He added on Wednesday and confirmed through a tweet that he will not be discussing a potential new contract during the season.

Jones made a statement in the Cardinals’ 38-13 win in Week 1 over the Tennessee Titans.

His five-sack performance tied the Cardinals’ single-game record. He was named the NFC’s Defensive Player of the Week for the fifth time in his career.

Arizona will look to continue its momentum from the strong start against the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday at State Farm Stadium.

The first home game for the Cardinals of 2021 will take place at 1:05 p.m. and you can hear all the action on 98.7 FM Arizona’s Sports Station.

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

JD would never trade the draft capital that would be required to acquire a player of his calibre. 

He would rather roll with the no name JAG's who couldn't even pressure Sam Darnold on Sunday. 

JD traded two 3rd rounders to move up to get AVT. Want to rethink your statement?

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

JD traded two 3rd rounders to move up to get AVT. Want to rethink your statement?

JD traded to move up in the draft for a projected top OL. 

Chandler Jones is not a projected top rookie OL . 

JD is the frugal gourmet when it comes to trading for proven NFL players. 

Our roster is very weak. 

jowilly12

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

JD traded to move up in the draft for a projected top OL. 

Chandler Jones is not a projected top rookie OL . 

JD is the frugal gourmet when it comes to trading for proven NFL players. 

Our roster is very weak. 

jowilly12

He'll trade for rookies only. Noted. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

He looked good, but it's a long season for guys over 30. I'm not sure I want to give an expensive 3+ year contract for a guy at an age where players have historically gone off a cliff very quickly. 

If any deal is contingent on a new contract, yes, agreed.  Not interested.  If he was willing to come here and then cash in in free agency, that would be fine.  His current deal expires after the 2021 season, and we can absorb the cap # he'd be bringing in.  

Sounds much more likely he ends up with a contending team and they negotiate a new deal next year.

On 9/15/2021 at 4:56 PM, joewilly12 said:

He would rather roll with the no name JAG's who couldn't even pressure Sam Darnold on Sunday. 

Did you watch the game?

The Panthers ran a lot of 3 step drop backs and quick passes because of our pass rush and still they were getting hands on Darnold.  

Add in that this team isnt ready to win today, trading draft capital to play one season and then pass himself around to the highest bidder doesnt make an ounce of sense today.  

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Did you watch the game?

The Panthers ran a lot of 3 step drop backs and quick passes because of our pass rush and still they were getting hands on Darnold.  

Add in that this team isnt ready to win today, trading draft capital to play one season and then pass himself around to the highest bidder doesnt make an ounce of sense today.  

Some of these false narratives makes one wonder. I saw plenty of pressure. CMAC is the antidote.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Did you watch the game?

Yes I did how about you. 

The end result a loss against the worst QB in the NFL in 2020. 

How many sacks did we have on Hall of Fame bound Sam Darnold. 

I never once implied we should trade for Chandler Jones. 

joewilly12 

On 9/15/2021 at 1:56 PM, joewilly12 said:

JD would never trade the draft capital that would be required to acquire a player of his calibre. 

I think you mean he like to draft his own. there you go I fixed it for you Tanny

On 9/15/2021 at 7:14 PM, New York Mick said:

He’s not going anywhere until next season when he’s a FA and he’s going to be asking for a sh*t ton of money from a SB contender. 

I hope we turn him down. That Lombardi trophy would be proof enough we wouldn’t need him come March 2022. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Yes I did how about you. 

The end result a loss against the worst QB in the NFL in 2020. 

How many sacks did we have on Hall of Fame bound Sam Darnold. 

I never once implied we should trade for Chandler Jones. 

joewilly12 

WTF does the loss have to do with what we were talking about Joe?

You just dont understand the game and want any player who's name you recognize.