The difference between Saleh and Bellichick.....

First of all, I must admit how hard it is for me to be saying this. My hope is this thread sheds light on Saleh and what he needs to be a better HC. Also, some may feel this is premature or unfair of me to say. If so, my hope is our HC can prove my criticisms untrue.

Everyone saw what this young Jets team had to offer last Sunday. It wasn't much. Honestly, it looked like many of the positional groups, especially OL, had not ever worked together. It was obvious to me as I was watching that most of the OL has no idea what their responsibilities were? There were so many times where rushers came in unblocked. It appeared as though nobody had ever told them, " This is your job. These are your responsibilities".

Meanwhile, the patsies have a lot of new faces on their roster and while most of them are experienced veterans, the one thing that was abundantly clear to me while I was watching the patsies lose to the Dolphins, was how much more ready they were to play than the Jets.

This is what I see as the big difference Saleh and Bellichick.

You can rest assured on Sunday the patsies will be ready to play, rookie and all. The Jets are a sloppy, raw, unfinished mess and who knows when they will actually get their act together? Will they EVER get their act together with this current compliment of players? 

Saleh and the coaching staff could put so much more focus on strategizing to beat teams if only the players had a clear, concise laid out job descriptions.

Now, sure some of this definitely had to do with what little time this new group had to work together. Becton and AVT were both injured during TC and never got the opportunity to work together extensively. But even still when BB is faced with the same problem the transition is always much smoother.......

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 6
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not even going to read all this.  The premise (whatever it is) is ridiculous from the start. One guy has been a head coach in the league for 20+ years and has 6 superbowl rings. The othe

omg!  Saleh, at Dennies,  just wrote on a napkin "I resign as the head coach of the new york jets' !!!

First of all, I must admit how hard it is for me to be saying this. My hope is this thread sheds light on Saleh and what he needs to be a better HC. Also, some may feel this is premature or unfair of

Posted Images

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

I'm not even going to read all this.  The premise (whatever it is) is ridiculous from the start.

One guy has been a head coach in the league for 20+ years and has 6 superbowl rings.

The other guy has been a head coach for 1 game.

There's the difference. 

Well, that's your prerogative. But make no mistake, the differences right now and how quickly Saleh can close that gap are huge as time goes on. In fact, I'm not even really being critical here.....

• Thumb Down 1
6 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I'm not even going to read all this.  The premise (whatever it is) is ridiculous from the start.

One guy has been a head coach in the league for 20+ years and has 6 superbowl rings.

The other guy has been a head coach for 1 game.

There's the difference. 

FFS

It’s sad when our fan base makes excuses for the very minimum coaches should be able to do IE have their team ready to play, it did not look like the Jets were ready to play Sunday at 1:00.

• Thumb Down 5
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Saul Goodman said:

Your take on this team sucking is that the coach who has coached one game is to blame. Too funny. You know that we have the longest playoff drought in the NFL, by a large margin? 

Well Saul, if it isn't Saleh and the CS that is to blame for not having the Jets prepared to play on Sunday, then who is? Is it Joe Douglas? Is it Woody Johnson? Maybe it's the Easter Bunny? 

it is 100% the CS fault for not having them ready to play on Sunday. And I'm not being a prick about this, just saying there's a lot of room for improvement. That's fair.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

How many "new faces" do the Patsies genuinely have? They are able to fill holes because they have a strong core of experienced vets around them.

The longest tenured Jet (either player or coach) is Marcus Maye - a guy still on his rookie contract. That's how different these two teams are. Our starting offense has fewer years on the Jets combined than BB has as head coach of the Patsies.

Saleh might suck. He might be great. Or he could be somewhere in between. But Week 1 is not the place to make such judgements.

FYI - Bill Belichick lost his first 4 games w. NE and ended the season 5-11

• Upvote 3
1 minute ago, NYJ1 said:

Well Saul, if it isn't Saleh and the CS that is to blame for not having the Jets prepared to play on Sunday, then who is? Is it Joe Douglas? Is it Woody Johnson? Maybe it's the Easter Bunny? 

it is 100% the CS fault for not having them ready to play on Sunday. And I'm not being a prick about this, just saying there's a lot of room for improvement. That's fair.

Until we start drafting better nothing will change. Most of our players shouldn’t be starting; many will be out of the league completely in about 4 months. 

I agree that the coaching wasn’t good in week 1 though. 

188E67FB-EDC1-4A20-92FB-9C843A39CF33.jpeg

48FA187E-26E6-4F65-B4AA-A9BF0DD64BA7.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
7 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

You were right in your third sentence - this is way premature. 

Fair enough, but I also don't think it's unfair to point out where our HC needs to improve. Everyone had to start somewhere and I get that. I just think it's important to know that this team is still so caught up on basic responsibility that actual strategy is out the window.

• Thumb Down 1
11 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Until we start drafting better nothing will change. Most of our players shouldn’t be starting; many will be out of the league completely in about 4 months. 

I agree that the coaching wasn’t good in week 1 though. 

188E67FB-EDC1-4A20-92FB-9C843A39CF33.jpeg

48FA187E-26E6-4F65-B4AA-A9BF0DD64BA7.jpeg

Looking back on all the GMs and HCs this team has hired over the years, I always think of John Kennedy Toole's "A Confederacy of Dunces".

• Upvote 2
11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

omg!  Saleh, at Dennies,  just wrote on a napkin "I resign as the head coach of the new york jets' !!!

If you think this is humorous, perhaps you should resign from this thread....

Oh boy howdy.

Yeah, the coach with decades of experience is going to have his more veteran team better prepared than our young team and young staff.

Let's just see improvement as the game and season goes on.

Believe it or not there were some positives that we saw on the field this past Sunday.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

It’s sad when our fan base makes excuses for the very minimum coaches should be able to do IE have their team ready to play, it did not look like the Jets were ready to play Sunday at 1:00.

Thank you and really that's all I'm saying...

10 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I'm going full bore on Saleh over Belicheat on hygiene regimen.  Bill looks like a stinky bum.  Whilst HC Saleh apears neat and I would bet smells lightly of jasmine and Juicy Fruit gum.

Christian Bale Oooo GIF

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, jamesr said:

How many "new faces" do the Patsies genuinely have? They are able to fill holes because they have a strong core of experienced vets around them.

The longest tenured Jet (either player or coach) is Marcus Maye - a guy still on his rookie contract. That's how different these two teams are. Our starting offense has fewer years on the Jets combined than BB has as head coach of the Patsies.

Saleh might suck. He might be great. Or he could be somewhere in between. But Week 1 is not the place to make such judgements.

Not judgments, just observations

8 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

Oh boy howdy.

Yeah, the coach with decades of experience is going to have his more veteran team better prepared than our young team and young staff.

Let's just see improvement as the game and season goes on.

Believe it or not there were some positives that we saw on the field this past Sunday.

The secondary play for one....

• Upvote 1

They got blown up by speed with a young line playing together for the first time last week.  This week they have watched films and will have changed plans.  We will see a very different team this week, just as we will again next week most likely.  We haven't even gotten out of the waiver period for fnux sake.  This is all so silly and premature that the only thing keeping me from strutting about saying "Wait till Sunday and watch what these new players/system/coaches shut you up" is the fact I'm a Jets fan.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
35 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

First of all, I must admit how hard it is for me to be saying this. My hope is this thread sheds light on Saleh and what he needs to be a better HC. Also, some may feel this is premature or unfair of me to say. If so, my hope is our HC can prove my criticisms untrue.

Everyone saw what this young Jets team had to offer last Sunday. It wasn't much. Honestly, it looked like many of the positional groups, especially OL, had not ever worked together. It was obvious to me as I was watching that most of the OL has no idea what their responsibilities were? There were so many times where rushers came in unblocked. It appeared as though nobody had ever told them, " This is your job. These are your responsibilities".

Meanwhile, the patsies have a lot of new faces on their roster and while most of them are experienced veterans, the one thing that was abundantly clear to me while I was watching the patsies lose to the Dolphins, was how much more ready they were to play than the Jets.

This is what I see as the big difference Saleh and Bellichick.

You can rest assured on Sunday the patsies will be ready to play, rookie and all. The Jets are a sloppy, raw, unfinished mess and who knows when they will actually get their act together? Will they EVER get their act together with this current compliment of players? 

Saleh and the coaching staff could put so much more focus on strategizing to beat teams if only the players had a clear, concise laid out job descriptions.

Now, sure some of this definitely had to do with what little time this new group had to work together. Becton and AVT were both injured during TC and never got the opportunity to work together extensively. But even still when BB is faced with the same problem the transition is always much smoother.......

Now post a manifesto on Bellichick after his first career game. He lost to the Cowboys 26-14.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sloppy? 

What's not getting talked about enough is the Jets only having 30 yards of penalties. That shows better discipline to me. 

We just went through 2 years averaging like 100 yards of penalties a game. 

• Upvote 4