thursday night football Washington vs Giants

faba

6 hours ago, Snell41 said:

The receiver was open by 15 yards. Jones made an awful pass given the situation, there’s no way that pass should have been so far out in front and the only way Slayton was catching that was to dive. That’s not a fine pass at all, it was an awful pass

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I disagree. The pass wasn't great, but it wasn't awful. The receiver has to catch that ball in my opinion. 

I'm not arguing that the pass couldn't have been better, but receivers have jobs to do also. 

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Who cares?  Did Jones do it against the same team, defense?  With the same team and offense?  

What is wrong with you. Why do you make these crazy statements. This is not about is Zack better than Jones. This is about Jones playing a really good game but people rip him here and I said I hope Zack plays as well. 

I swear, all you ever want to do is be argumentative even for totally  the wrong reason.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

What is wrong with you. Why do you make these crazy statements. This is not about is Zack better than Jones. This is about Jones playing a really good game but people rip him here and I said I hope Zack plays as well. 

I swear, all you ever want to do is be argumentative even for totally  the wrong reason.  

Ugh, you brought Jones and Wilson into a conversation.  

You reminded us to remember Jones ran for 95 too and to add that into the mix.  I seemly asked, did they play the same opponent?  Thats being argumentative?  

You can do whatever you want with this, I'm sick of you and Joe, both of you say shlt and then if someone comments or doesnt agree you fall on the argument sword.  

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I disagree. The pass wasn't great, but it wasn't awful. The receiver has to catch that ball in my opinion. 

I'm not arguing that the pass couldn't have been better, but receivers have jobs to do also. 

Jones has 13 TD passes in his last 16 games. This isn't Patrick Mahomes who was just a little off on one pass. This is the Giants version of Sam Darnold.  He needs to be better, not the #3 or 4 WR on the Giants.  

This notion that WRs are supposed to catch every ball that touches their finger tips is a little over the top by the broadcasters and it gets the fans all riled up. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Jones has 13 TD passes in his last 16 games. This isn't Patrick Mahomes who was just a little off on one pass. This is the Giants version of Sam Darnold.  He needs to be better, not the #3 or 4 WR on the Giants.  

This notion that WRs are supposed to catch every ball that touches their finger tips is a little over the top by the broadcasters and it gets the fans all riled up. 

I don't disagree about Jones as a player. But i'm not looking at him as an overall QB. His career trajectory is irrelevant. I'm just looking at that one pass he made in that game last night. That was a catchable ball. Yeah, it could have been put in a much better spot, but I just think the receiver has to make that catch.

I get receivers aren't supposed to catch every ball that hits their hands. That is a ridiculous notion that does get fans all riled up, but that pass just should have been caught IMO. 

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You reminded us to remember Jones ran for 95 too and to add that into the mix.  I seemly asked, did they play the same opponent?  Thats being argumentative?  

You can do whatever you want with this, I'm sick of you and Joe, both of you say shlt and then if someone comments or doesnt agree you fall on the argument sword.  

Ok, that is absolutely  not the order things happened. You want to play games, play them with someone else. It's  like I'm talking to someone with short term memory  issues. 

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

[He did with 2 TDs last week so why not?]

This is what I responded to, The big difference is his rushing yards and he thre no picks from Zacks week 1 game. 

it wasn't  a knock on Wilson wishing he jas a similar  game except except in your mind.

for the record,  I think Wilson is a better QB. 

And I'm sick of you as well so STFU already. 

• Thumb Down 1

15 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok, that is absolutely  not the order things happened. You want to play games, play them with someone else. It's  like I'm talking to someone with short term memory  issues. 

Yes it was the order.  You brought Wilson into a conversation about Jones.  

And youre the one arguing

Go back and read or just SU.  F'n argue like a woman and then bitch that everyone argues with you 

Why are you talking with me if I have short term memory loss?

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yes it was the order.  You brought Wilson into a conversation about Jones.  

And youre the one arguing

Go back and read or just SU.  F'n argue like a woman and then bitch that everyone argues with you 

Why are you talking with me if I have short term memory loss?

If saying that i hope Wilson duplicates a very good performance is what you say, then you have comprehension issues, and I only have this crap from you. 

And if you want to rip me, at least be original and don't  repeat what I just said to you.

Real good way to argue with a down vote when I show you what an idiot you are being.

Time for you to use the confused emoji which isn't  a surprise because you can't  follow a simple sentence. 

2 hours ago, Albaniajet said:

Cowher was a great head coach who won a super bowl and went to the hall of fame. Joe Judge will be the latest failed Belichick assistant who somehow the “patriot way” failed him when Tom Brady wasn’t around to do everything 

Wasnt the point, just that he was a STs coach. 

The last couple of BB coaches have done well.  Vrable and Flores dont seem to need Brady.

On 9/17/2021 at 8:15 PM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The ball was inside of one hand and on the fingers of the other.  The pass wasnt perfect but was a pass he should have caught 

35 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The ball was inside of one hand and on the fingers of the other.  The pass wasnt perfect but was a pass he should have caught 

I agree with this description completely.  I just disagree that there's more blame on the receiver not catching the ball than the QB not throwing a better pass to a wide open man.

(Not even saying that's your point, but it's DEFINITELY how it's been interpreted by most and I just don't get it . . .)

• Upvote 1