Jump to content

thursday night football Washington vs Giants


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Live view of Joe Judge in the NYG locker room.   

Daniel Jones is basically Forrest Gump

Maybe Judge should run a few laps

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He should have made it.  He didnt even leave his feet to get a little more extension.  Even still he got his hands on the ball, he should have caught it.  

 I'd have to look again but I thought he only got one hand on the ball. Could he have made a leaping catch?  Maybe.   But I'd call it an overthrown ball before I called it a dropped pass. . .

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

The air smells extra sweet this morn.  Watching the Giants lose like that was special.  Thank you #97.  Fine job, lad.

Absolutely. Add in I had Washington to win by 1-13 and the Giants somehow got the Jets playbook and lose a Jetsy game, I slept like a baby. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this week Daniel Jones held onto the ball.  And then that happened.   

That ending was - er - "goatesque".  Heh.  

For the second time, the Giants have given all Jet fans an instantly recognizable method to get under the skin of Giant fans.  The Jamal Adams strip sack was the first "hey bro, did Jones fumble that thing or was it taken like a little kid's lollypop" ("and that's when I hit him your honor").

Now all we have to say is "off sides" and the melee will ensue.  

"Off sides".  Heh.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

He looks like the coach of the middle school house basketball team the parents write the league  to get rid off. Cept me, I typically like those dudes. 

I was astonished how obnoxious he was towards the referees.  As if they existed so he could let off steam.  I know coaches needle referees, it is part of the job.  But I saw behavior that does not win friends and influence people.  I instantly disliked him and the WTF coach is a real pro.  The Giants are the better team but Coach Rivera got the better of Coach Judge.

Judge looked like he had swallowed a sea urchin.  Best coach agony face since Coach Nagy of the Bears (when his kicker missed the playoff kick). 

     

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

Just saw the replay again the pass was good.  Slayton did an Elijah Moore

Wilson threw a perfect pass. Moore was blanketed by a WR who had his arm dragged down which prevented the catch. 

Slayton was WIDE open by 20 yards and jones overthrew him when every QB would tell you that when a guy is that open you underthrow the ball to make sure the WR makes the play. Does a better WR make that play? Yes. Was that a good pass? absolutely not. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Well Gettleman has to be on the hot seat so you would think that the new guy isn't going to want to keep the unproven and highly annoying Judge. 

This is the guy Gettleman took in the first round instead of an offensive lineman when the team already had Sheppard/Golloday/Slayton/Engram:

Giants rookie Kadarius Toney already apparently frustrated with his role: ‘S--t just be lame to me’

Well!  Look what we have here.  After we apply the "off sides" needle (see above) we can say "S--t just be lame to me".  Trust me, it will work wonders fellas.  I hated it when my Giants fan buddy used to say "six" which was Roger Vick's wonderlic score.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

And I'm impressed with the tight discipline of the players. Golladay yelling at Jones on the sideline is priceless. Jones is so good his WR's hate him.

Me too.  WTF?

Did you see that clip of Golladay yelling at some equipment guy working on a helmet (presumably his).  It looked like it might come to blows.  The equipment guy looked like he wanted to be somewhere else. 

I am not good with the video clips but that one is a doozy.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

And I'm impressed with the tight discipline of the players. Golladay yelling at Jones on the sideline is priceless. Jones is so good his WR's hate him.

The shame is Daniel Jones played very good and was the reason they win that game without the offsides penalty. The Giants are a smoldering mess right now and you just don't get the feeling this coach is going to fix it. He is good and talking though and saying nothing of value. If this continues, the press will start to attack although the Giants usually get more rope than we do.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No hes not.

Giants aren't a rash, quick to the trigger bunch

Got rid of McAdoo 12 games into his 2nd season, promoting Spaguolo to interim HC.  Replaced him with Shurmur for two seasons.  I don't think Judge is on the hot seat (at least not yet), but they have been quick to move on in recent years. 

And with Gettleman in his 4th season, following 3 straight years of double digit losses, another bad year could lead to an offseason house cleaning.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OCCH23 said:

Agree to disagree.  *in his hands" is very different than "got a hand on it"  IMO. It would've been a catch he COULD have made, but not fair to say he SHOULD have made . . .

The ball was Totally in his hands… it was a “drop”… Period. 😉

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Lith said:

Got rid of McAdoo 12 games into his 2nd season, promoting Spaguolo to interim HC.  Replaced him with Shurmur for two seasons.  I don't think Judge is on the hot seat (at least not yet), but they have been quick to move on in recent years. 

And with Gettleman in his 4th season, following 3 straight years of double digit losses, another bad year could lead to an offseason house cleaning.

If they move on from Gettleman after this season it simply makes no sense to keep Judge around too.  Whether that's fair or not to Judge, we know from Jets' history how disastrous it is to try to foist a HC on GM candidates.

The Giants need to completely start over.  New GM, new HC, new QB.  Jones isn't the biggest problem with the org but he's very meh three seasons in.  And new regimes always mean new QB's.  Best to move on now when he's about to enter year 4 of his rookie deal rather than keep people around who are going to look to hand him an extension. 

And when your best player, by far, is a RB slowly coming back from a bad injury, your org needs to change everything its doing.  The Giants are currently the most boring team in the NFL.  Taking Barkley at # 2 overall was a terrible decision.  They should have traded back in that draft, 100 %.

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, clayton163v said:

I was astonished how obnoxious he was towards the referees.  As if they existed so he could let off steam.  I know coaches needle referees, it is part of the job.  But I saw behavior that does not win friends and influence people.  I instantly disliked him and the WTF coach is a real pro.  The Giants are the better team but Coach Rivera got the better of Coach Judge.

Judge looked like he had swallowed a sea urchin.  Best coach agony face since Coach Nagy of the Bears (when his kicker missed the playoff kick). 

     

I always hate coaches that act like victims the entire game. From the moment the game starts, Judge is constantly complaining about every call. Meanwhile, he is the guy challenging plays that aren't reviewable and forced to call timeouts because his team isn't ready for a play (happened on offense AND defense yesterday). 

He should be more worried about his own team than what the Refs are doing. In a game where he acted like a victim the two teams were pretty much penalized equally (80 yards each). And that holding penalty on the Jones TD WAS a clear hold despite what the announcers were spewing. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If they move on from Gettleman after this season it simply makes no sense to keep Judge around too.  Whether that's fair or not to Judge, we know from Jets' history how disastrous it is to try to foist a HC on GM candidates.

The Giants need to completely start over.  New GM, new HC, new QB.  Jones isn't the biggest problem with the org but he's very meh three seasons in.  And new regimes always mean new QB's.  Best to move on now when he's about to enter year 4 of his rookie deal rather than keep people around who are going to look to hand him an extension. 

And when your best player, by far, is a RB slowly coming back from a bad injury, your org needs to change everything its doing.  The Giants are currently the most boring team in the NFL.  Taking Barkley at # 2 overall was a terrible decision.  They should have traded back in that draft, 100 %.

I would argue that there is currently just ONE RB in the league worthy of a top-5 draft pick (CMC).  Going back a few years, you could make brief cases (1, maybe 2 seasons) for Elliot, Bell and Gurley.  I'm loathe to even count Elliot because of the OLine he got to run behind.

So it would seem to me that even if you nailed it on a top-5 RB pick, you are probably getting 2 seasons of All-Pro play out of him if you are lucky.  When is the last time we saw a RB come into the league and played at a dominant level into his late 20s?  Probably AP, who was drafted in 2007.  Since then, I can't think of any.

Long-winded way of saying, yeah, drafting a RB in the top-5 looks pretty dumb.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I would argue that there is currently just ONE RB in the league worthy of a top-5 draft pick (CMC).  Going back a few years, you could make brief cases (1, maybe 2 seasons) for Elliot, Bell and Gurley.  I'm loathe to even count Elliot because of the OLine he got to run behind.

So it would seem to me that even if you nailed it on a top-5 RB pick, you are probably getting 2 seasons of All-Pro play out of him if you are lucky.  When is the last time we saw a RB come into the league and played at a dominant level into his late 20s?  Probably AP, who was drafted in 2007.  Since then, I can't think of any.

Long-winded way of saying, yeah, drafting a RB in the top-5 looks pretty dumb.

 

I wouldn't even have taken CMC top 5.  Especially not in a class that had Mahomes and Watson in it.  CMC is never going to play a full 16 again the rest of his career.  My guess is he misses a minimum of 3 games this season.  Especially after seeing the usage he got in Week 1.  30 touches in week 1, coming off a season in which he missed 13 games?  Insanity.  But they kind of have to do that because of Darnold.  Rock and a hard place situation there.

And when you take a RB that high, you're almost forced to hand him a big 2nd contract too, in order to "justify the pick".  Unless of course you decide to play the franchise tag game and try to get 7 years out of him that way, pissing him off in a bad way in the process.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

When a player is open by 20 yards. this is NOT a good pass. You don't make your WR make a 1 handed catch in that situation. You under throw the ball. 

2021-09-17T044051Z_729707857_MT1USATODAY

This is how open he was:

fh7ylvowchqbtqpqwdga.jpg

How open he was when the pass landed, not when Jones threw it. He was also hit as he let it go. 

Disgraceful from Slayton. Hit both hands. Great throw.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, clayton163v said:

Well!  Look what we have here.  After we apply the "off sides" needle (see above) we can say "S--t just be lame to me".  Trust me, it will work wonders fellas.  I hated it when my Giants fan buddy used to say "six" which was Roger Vick's wonderlic score.

 

What is weird about all of this is we are experiencing what others have been watching the Jets do for years. The so called clown show is on the other side of town for a few years and quite honestly it is a bit enjoyable. They have a few personalities on that team that can blow at any time and a head coach who may want to be a media star. Feel sorry for Jones and Barkley cause they seem like good guys.

Good times. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Well Gettleman has to be on the hot seat so you would think that the new guy isn't going to want to keep the unproven and highly annoying Judge. 

This is the guy Gettleman took in the first round instead of an offensive lineman when the team already had Sheppard/Golloday/Slayton/Engram:

Giants rookie Kadarius Toney already apparently frustrated with his role: ‘S--t just be lame to me’

Sounds like a gem 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...