Zach Wilson’s Debut

Mark78

11 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

That being said when he got sacked, I thought he was dead. That was 10 on a scale of 1 to 10! My dude got crushed LOL

I’m still not sure he didn’t suffer a concussion on Sunday. Plus those bags under his eyes at the post game conference. Something has to give with this OL.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Matt LaFleur might have a case of imposter syndrome - the play design throughout this whole segment is all over-engineered. I see it with new hires, over-complicating work to showcase and validate being hired.

I think a week of film study might help calm thus down. I hope.

Yeah JT didn't like it but damn it any blitz will get through. That is some easy to beat pass protection.  The system might not be good.   I hope they can fix it without killing the new QB 1st.  

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Pretty good. Put to rest a lot of fears I had about him. He was tough, accountable, and showed he could take a beating and not lose his sh*t for the rest of the game. I thought he’d be a twinkle-toes-ass bitch, but he fought to the end. 

When did you get back? Glad to see you're ok and back at this nonsense.  

Cheers.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Pretty good. Put to rest a lot of fears I had about him. He was tough, accountable, and showed he could take a beating and not lose his sh*t for the rest of the game. I thought he’d be a twinkle-toes-ass bitch, but he fought to the end. 

Yeah but no confidence to step up in the pocket. Maybe next time?

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Yeah but no confidence to step up in the pocket. Maybe next time?

Except the one to Mims.  And the deep pass to Moore that was dropped.  Just off the top of my head.

Also when the line is crumbling every other play, I'm not sure how many QB's in the league would have the confidence to step up in the Jets OL's pockets.

Kid has a very good feel for the pocket, and as/if protection gets better things should clean up a lot.

My biggest critique have been him not taking some easier high percentage throws over lower percentage explosive play attempts.  The double body slam sack in the 4th on the TD drive he was staring down Davis in the EZ when he had Kroft over the middle for an easy play that has a decent chance to end up as a TD.

We get some receiver depth back, and Moore should show up more.  Because outside of the drop, there are several plays he gets open that he just didn't get the ball.

Fix the OL at least enough to the point where the kid has confidence in it, and this offense is going places.  Assuming we can average 3.5 yards a carry.  Assuming.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Agreed. the fact that his old man is rich and he looks like he's 12 years old worried me that he would quit as soon as he got blasted but he didn't. Way better quarterback than Sam and the kid can sling it.

Actually I think it’s his Uncle who is rich and yeah he’s certainly way tougher than anyone couid imagine. No doubt there. 

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I wouldn't quite say "twinkle-toed-ass bitch", but I did think he'd be fragile if hit hard and easily rattled at the Pro level when poop got real.

He didn't.  Overall he was very impressive for his first live-fire NFL outing. 

Very much looking forward to seeing more, and Sunday vs. a Bellichek Defense will be a great early test of where he is.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, fullblast said:

I’m still not sure he didn’t suffer a concussion on Sunday. Plus those bags under his eyes at the post game conference. Something has to give with this OL.

Yo I noticed that too! either they jacked him up with painkillers or he's already hooked? He's already on medication but that was a bit of a scary look. I'm glad you brought that up.

I could be totally wrong maybe he was just rubbing the paint off his eyes but I definitely noticed what you noticed. The dude definitely got rag dolled..

The most upsetting issue here is that this entire season is about developing Zach. Every dollar should have been spent on oline. Every draft pick should have been o line. This entire season should have been about Zach learning the speed if the game in an offense run for his safety and progress. 

• Post of the Week 1

20 hours ago, T0mShane said:

In the very words of Commander Worf, "he fought with honor". Not many QBs could have been hit like that throughout a game and then played as well as he did overall.