Surgery for Becton, out 4-8 wks

BroadwayRay

13 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Trent Williams has the same build. Becton just wasn’t ready to be a pro and the Jets didn’t do their homework.

I remember when teams that did their homework and passed on guys like Marino, Warren Sapp, lately tunsil.....

All the homework in the world doesn't give you a crystal ball. Regardless,  it's way too early to write the kid off.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Impressive you'd manage to misspell his name even though it's correct in the thread title. Don't mean to be a dick, it's just that H a lot of people add in gets on my nerves.

I feel the same way about Zac, but I try to focus my anger toward his Mom on Twitter since she’s the one who named him. 

10 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

This place is becoming unreadable. 

Rolled up on his knee, but he’s a fat sh*t. 

Geezuz. 

That sums it up nicely…

blood in the streets it’s up to my ankles, blood in the streets it’s up to my knees..

11 minutes ago, Pichula said:

This fan base is an embarrassment 

Becton had as good of a rookie year as you can possibly hope. Then Carl Lawson who was destined to be an all pro and is a bad matchup for becton dominates him in practice (still becton looked good in pre season ). And now the guy is a bust and sucks because she got rolled on week 1. Honestly you guys deserve the misery that this team throws your way.

What a bunch of pleebs. You eat up any narrative that the sh*tty ny media throws your way. 

It’s just that he likes his cake and he eats it too…. Rumor has it he came in to camp out of shape, he needs to be his very best as our left tackle, I am concerned that he might be injury prone, he missed some time last year as well… y’know Who played every game, d’brick… 

21 minutes ago, LSJF said:

It’s just that he likes his cake and he eats it too…. Rumor has it he came in to camp out of shape, he needs to be his very best as our left tackle, I am concerned that he might be injury prone, he missed some time last year as well… y’know Who played every game, d’brick… 

This years injury was bad luck. Last year he constantly took himself out of games, missed a game with a cough. Maybe he turns it around, but an offensive lineman tapping out of games is a guy who's not going to be around for long.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Pichula said:

Becton had as good of a rookie year as you can possibly hope. Then Carl Lawson who was destined to be an all pro and is a bad matchup for becton dominates him in practice (still becton looked good in pre season ). And now the guy is a bust and sucks because she got rolled on week 1. Honestly you guys deserve the misery that this team throws your way.

What a bunch of pleebs. You eat up any narrative that the sh*tty ny media throws your way. 

Ageed, Becton looked great in preseason and his limited action in regular season. Nothing that would make you think he regressed from last year (when he absolutely dominated). Not sure why all the hate came out of nowhere for this dude especially after such a great rookie year??‍♂️… oh well Jets fans are a different breed lol

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I’ll post this again for the people who continue to fault becton and his weight for injuries. It is factually incorrect and pushed by the media and fans. It’s getting out of hand how many clueless people blame his weight for injuries with nothing to back it. 

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2018/weight-and-injuries

read this and educate yourselves please. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Pichula said:

Carl Lawson was destined to be an All Pro ? Because he had some good practices ? Sounds like you are the one eating up the media narrative . 

• Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

I’ll post this again for the people who continue to fault becton and his weight for injuries. It is factually incorrect and pushed by the media and fans. It’s getting out of hand how many clueless people blame his weight for injuries with nothing to back it. 

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2018/weight-and-injuries

read this and educate yourselves please. 

He’s soft 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you!

A guy who was dominating his rookie year, with average coaching at best and one of the few bright spots for the Jets is now the person we mock because he got hurt!

Ummmmm you can't make it up....

Let's Go Jets!

the haters are getting desperate. next they will bring up Ryan Kalil

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Pichula said:

#freenico

• Haha 4

I wonder how many people calling Becton soft / injury prone and writing him off as a bust were also bemoaning our "pathetic" backup QB position not long ago?

I also wonder when the narrative on Fant starts to focus on him missing some playing time each of the last two weeks. Guess he's "injury prone" too now?

?

• Sympathy 1

Both "camps" are incorrect. 

The camp that says that Becton is a soft fat waste of a pick, and the camp that vehemently pushes that nothing should be done and Becton will return better than ever.

The truth is that Becton is an impressive athlete who is yet to play an entire season. Chances are that if he plays this season will only be for fewer than 5 games.

There is absolutely nothing wrong in having the mindset in the best interest of the Jets to bring in someone, via the draft of free agency, that could be depended upon to take on that role.

There is no need for either camp to take it personal.

• Sympathy 1

My concern with Becton even last year when he was "highway 77" was that his body might not be one that would be durable at this level. Would have been happy and still would be happy to be proven wrong.

This has not reached Dee Milliner lack of being able to stay on the field levels yet but let's be honest here it is closer to Dee Milliner than it is to D'Brick

• Upvote 1