Surgery for Becton, out 4-8 wks

BroadwayRay

6 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

It's going to be so much fun watching Becton develop, grow up, and become a dominant cornerstone LT, forcing so many of you to eat crow.

If only the clueless on here had a little patience to let a player develop.

Someday yes sir someday…

24 minutes ago, LSJF said:

I thought it was Fant who let up the blind side sack/fumble on Flacco…

im not sure thats on Fant. but even so ok that 1-360...

reason i say that is because Fant had someone in front of him. i would think thats his responsibility not the guy next to him. 

its like someone blitzing the gap between G and C but both have someone in front of them. do they get hit with the sack? 

interesting to see if he gets the blame on that one, still even so 1 out of 360 is pretty damm good...no great.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

It's going to be so much fun watching Becton develop, grow up, and become a dominant cornerstone LT, forcing so many of you to eat crow.

Patience. Lol. We still debate whether Mark Sanchez sucked or was mismanaged.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Patience. Lol. We still debate whether Mark Sanchez sucked or was mismanaged.

Sanchez debates are my personal favorite of the Jet QB debates. The Darnold debate is too raw and depressing for me personally because I thought he was gonna be good. The Pennington debate grew stale years ago. Fitzpatrick was a flash in the pan on borrowed time. O Brien was good but everyone knows the Jets should have taken Marino. Everyone agrees Richard Todd was a disaster. 

Sanchez is recent enough to still be fresh and not that depressing because at least the team had a few nice playoff runs with him. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/23/2021 at 12:45 AM, slimjasi said:

Sanchez debates are my personal favorite of the Jet QB debates. The Darnold debate is too raw and depressing for me personally because I thought he was gonna be good. The Pennington debate grew stale years ago. Fitzpatrick was a flash in the pan on borrowed time. O Brien was good but everyone knows the Jets should have taken Marino. Everyone agrees Richard Todd was a disaster. 

Sanchez is recent enough to still be fresh and not that depressing because at least the team had a few nice playoff runs with him. 

Sanchez also just had the incredible contrast of statistically terrible with humiliating lowlights vs. iconic wins and clutch performances. He's a bit of an enigma.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2021 at 4:13 AM, JetsRay said:

If Becton becomes a great player, we'll be celebrating with bottles and models at the Jets' fortune while you try to sneak in through the air vent to get an apology on video for your 30 subscriber YouTube channel.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BRONX DUDE said:

Dun't think so.

Stupid top ten draft choice.

Knees could never support that weight without total dedication to stay in shape.

Sorry young man.Cracking Up Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Maybe if we get him wet after midnight he'll split into 2 TEs

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Dun't think so.
Stupid top ten draft choice.
Knees could never support that weight without total dedication to stay in shape.
Sorry young man.200.gif

In all fairness it was an injury I’ve seen happen countless times at every position. Could’ve happened to a 175 lb WR as well. That said I’m disappointed he doesn’t seem to be coming back anytime soon.

Alternative theory.  Douglas and saleh don’t want him to play again this year so that he does not reinjure himself as they attempt to trade him.  It’s not as if he’s a fit with this scheme and the 3 offensive players drafted in 2020, becton, mims and Perine, aren’t exactly favorites of the coaching staff.

10 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Alternative theory.  Douglas and saleh don’t want him to play again this year so that he does not reinjure himself as they attempt to trade him.  It’s not as if he’s a fit with this scheme and the 3 offensive players drafted in 2020, becton, mims and Perine, aren’t exactly favorites of the coaching staff.

So JD and Saleh aren't on the same page is what you are saying. I think you are right.