Surgery for Becton, out 4-8 wks

BroadwayRay

5 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

JD sucks.  Will be gone in 2 years. Ditto for Saleh

wondering what the next regime will be.  Maybe Woody finally grows a brain and hires Harbaugh 

I'm giving you props for writing what lots of us feel.  I've been off the JD bandwagon for a while now.  Final nail for me was our backup QB situation/monstrosity.  Can't comment yet on Saleh.  But our HC track record is not good.

Just now, munchmemory said:

I'm giving you props for writing what lots of us feel.  I've been off the JD bandwagon for a while now.  Final nail for me was our backup QB situation/monstrosity.  Can't comment yet on Saleh.  But our HC track record is not good.

Woody is doing the picking so I’m guessing the next regime is Josh McDaniels and the guy who makes photocopies for Arizona

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

This is a fair assessment.  Becton in college was a man playing with boys.  Becton in the pros is a man playing with men.  He isn't going to get buy on his size.  Having to work hard to block guys stronger than him will mean he needs strength, not just his weight.  If he doesn't buy into the need for a proper NFL weight conditioning program, he won't last.  But it's up to him.  And it will be up to the Jets to drill that into him.

I would think it would be prudent, since the Jets have 5 picks in the first three rounds, to draft another LT.  Doesn't hurt to show Becton he doesn't get a free ride, and doesn't hurt to have depth and a possible replacement, while sliding Becton to RT or the interior.  Would also be prudent to draft a center as well. 

Like the kid hasn't been busting his ass with Duke Manyweather for years on just this stuff. Is it really too much to ask that you guys know a little bit about the player and what he does in terms of work before you comment on his work ethic or approach?

• Upvote 2

One of the concerns going in was how durable would a player of that size be?  Call it bad luck or call it whatever you want but so far the durability factor has been poor.  He has been injured a lot.

I wish him well and a speedy return but until we see a long run of solid games without serious injury those concerns are still a thing.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

Woody is doing the picking so I’m guessing the next regime is Josh McDaniels and the guy who makes photocopies for Arizona

Every time I get down on Jet GMs and HCs, I hear the same thing from my significant other: Nothing changes until Woody is gone.  Of course my retort is always he's going nowhere 'cause the Jets franchise is worth a fortune.  (Bought the Jets for $635 million in 2000.  Now worth approx. $4 billion.)  He has absolutely no motivation to field a winner.  NONE.  Every year, the sap gets a media check from the NFL and he could sell the team and make a boatload.  Tickets, merchandise, and success are irrelevant.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

GREAT example Kevin!  The greatest QB of all time decides to become a FA and the only team he would go to signs him.  Would you care to discuss how many times its worked well for the Jets?  No, I didn't think so.

The idea that competent FA doesn’t work is supported by what again?? Examples? 

This way the Jets are doing it by the way is really smart!! Look at them results!! ??‍♂️

11 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Jesus, go f***ing cheer for another team then.  

image.png.88f0e6c3005343c9905f331a1493324c.png

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Jesus, go f***ing cheer for another team then.  

image.png.88f0e6c3005343c9905f331a1493324c.png

Honestly not bad advice. Just tough to do, like an addiction. We call This a message board but in all honestly all that’s missing are the folding chairs, stale cookies, cigarette breaks and strong coffee. Everything else is here , the stories, mostly support  and designated mentors. 

Edited by The Crusher
  • Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Like the kid hasn't been busting his ass with Duke Manyweather for years on just this stuff. Is it really too much to ask that you guys know a little bit about the player and what he does in terms of work before you comment on his work ethic or approach?

I am a Becton fan Doggin....but something isn't jelling with this kid.  I think that has been obvious to just about everyone.  He played extremely well for his first year, and showed up overweight and has struggled mightily so far this year.  I am not sure what there is to argue about.

I am not suggesting we cut him.  I am not suggesting we fire JD.  But there isn't a problem with protecting the team by drafting another dependable LT either.  

12 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Do you read the posts out loud also?

Only the ones that aren't annoying.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

This way the Jets are doing it by the way is really smart!! Look at them results!! ??‍♂️

You are one truly annoying human being.  You must work hard at it. 

I presume you'll be applying for a job within the organization soon. 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

The Jets have been doing the FA/trade way for decades. CJ, Bell, Johnson & McGovern, to name a few, you know what they have in common, they have underperformed. It's a nice way of saying they suck. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, munchmemory said:

Why?  Criticism is off limits for the team, management or its players?   Good luck in your deluded world.  You missed the purpose of a fan message board and being a Jet fan.

Yeah, suggesting that a GM be fired after two drafts is criticism.  Sounds more like the picture.  

Knock yourself out.  

21 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

You're off the JD bandwagon because of his choice of back up QB?

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Honestly not bad advice. Just tough to do, like an addiction. We call This a message board but in all honestly all that’s missing are the folding chairs, stale cookies, cigarette breaks and string coffee. Everything else is here , the stories and designated mentors. 

I get it: Ten years of no playoffs wears thin on a fan base.

But changing GM's and coaches like diapers won't work.  I hope JD gets the five years he should get.  It's the only way to see if a guy has an eye for talent, and learns from mistakes when he misses the mark.  But some Jets fans want guys replaced when they don't bring a Super Bowl in the first year.  Gotta admit; that gets tiresome to listen to, when you just want to talk about the team, the actual players drafted, etc.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Claymation said:

The Jets have been doing the FA/trade way for decades. CJ, Bell, Johnson & McGovern, to name a few, you know what they have in common, they have underperformed. It's a nice way of saying they suck. 

You could also say Corey Davis, crowder others who have worked. 

After all tell me how our draft picks have been performing 

• Upvote 1

Just now, CanadaSteve said:

But changing GM's and coaches like diapers won't work.  I hope JD gets the five years he should get.  It's the only way to see if a guy has an eye for talent, and learns from mistakes when he misses the mark.  But some Jets fans want guys replaced when they don't bring a Super Bowl in the first year.  Gotta admit; that gets tiresome to listen to, when you just want to talk about the team, the actual players drafted, etc.  

This stuff kinda gets me….JD didn’t arrive here yesterday. No one is calling for him to get fired tomorrow either. However, denying that we have arguably gotten worse since he got here with no direction upward in the near future is not debatable.

Ok let’s say the Jets win 2-3 games again this year. When is results year? 2022? 2023? Just curious 

• Upvote 2

Just now, FidelioJet said:

You're off the JD bandwagon because of his choice of back up QB?

The final nail.  Under his charge, lots of misses for The Napper.  Maybe it's just me?  But in the same spot I would not have left the team--already with an untested rookie--with two "projects" like White and Morgan.  (At least Morgan is gone.  I'll give JD that one.)  It's what he left us with last year and did nothing to upgrade it in the off-season.   You're fine with that?  Cool, I'm not and find it almost jaw-dropping clueless.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Yeah, suggesting that a GM be fired after two drafts is criticism.  Sounds more like the picture.  

Knock yourself out.  

Who suggested JD get "fired"?  Just said I no longer believe in the guy.

3 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Ten years?  LMFAO.  Try putting mostly dog shyte on the field for five decades.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

oh I agree. That’s why some days I just show up to make everyone laugh. Well, most days. Becton is just beyond frustrating because that first year he looked promising but that little   thing was off, I was one of the first people  to call him soft. Hates being right, but for some reason I just knew he wouldn’t make the entire season.

I know he was just rolled up on, but honestly if not that just seems like something else would have done it. Hope the kid gets his head straight, rehabs like a boss (I saw the training video of him working at the lineman school so that’s a plus), keeps his weight down , gets two custom Knee braces and surprises us all at a mid season to final game run without missing a snap. Embrace his inner D’Brickshaw! 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

You could also say Corey Davis, crowder others who have worked. 

After all tell me how our draft picks have been performing 

Davis is the exception, not the rule. Crowder, seriously? He is the epitome of ordinary.

Zach Wilson looks like a FQB. He was the best player on the field for both teams. Not bad for his 1st game. He made something out of nothing.

Becton played well, the rest of the line including Fant, Van Roten, and McG didn't.

Hall, Echols & MCII were solid.