Surgery for Becton, out 4-8 wks

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m taking the over 8 weeks.  

Glad we added Moses when we had the chance.  

How about you support the players that wear out colors? Ever think of that?    Becton is ours. Wirfs is the buccs. Get on the waitlist for Tampa's season tickets or shut up man.  

Posted Images

Davis is the exception, not the rule. Crowder, seriously? He is the epitome of ordinary.
Zach Wilson looks like a FQB. He was the best player on the field for both teams. Not bad for his 1st game. He made something out of nothing.
Becton played well, the rest of the line including Fant, Van Roten, and McG didn't.
Hall, Echols & MCII were solid.
Crowder 1000x > Robert Steven Anderson

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Davis is the exception, not the rule. Crowder, seriously? He is the epitome of ordinary.

Zach Wilson looks like a FQB. He was the best player on the field for both teams. Not bad for his 1st game. He made something out of nothing.

Becton played well, the rest of the line including Fant, Van Roten, and McG didn't.

Hall, Echols & MCII were solid.

Becton is gone till NOV. I dont care how talented you are when you cant stay on the field it makes you less valuable

Zach Wilson is a great QB. But as the Mac haters used to say about top 10 draft picks "they fall into your lap" right? 

You mentioned one, ONE person out of the 2020 class outside Becton in Hall? Echols did "hold up" if thats the standard. MC 2? I gotta see more snaps? Where was number 8? AVT had an average at best game. We gave up like 3 picks to get him, i want more then average. 

• Thumb Down 1
12 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

This stuff kinda gets me….JD didn’t arrive here yesterday. No one is calling for him to get fired tomorrow either. However, denying that we have arguably gotten worse since he got here with no direction upward in the near future is not debatable.

Ok let’s say the Jets win 2-3 games again this year. When is results year? 2022? 2023? Just curious 

I think JD has a good plan.

He had a lot of mess to clean up, bad contracts to clear out...He's done a nice job with that....

I think he has a very good vision and understands the way the league works.  His problem is he hasn't picked the right players.

His free agents have mostly been bad and his first draft hasn't shown a lot yet.  Specifically he's been an abysmal failure on the OL.

Now, I think he hit on his QB though, which will likely save his job -

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
53 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

We had a RT, and we needed a left one more.  Easy to sit on the sidelines and be an armchair GM.  It's also easy to suggest Wirfs would have stepped in here and righted the ship, when in fact, perhaps he did so well because he was playing on a team with an already good line and perhaps the greatest QB to ever play in the NFL behind him?

So, since Wirfs wasn't drafted, and playing Marvel's "What If" game is pointless, let's talk about the guy who was drafted. 

Why does any criticism of this GM or his often unavailable LT ignite you so? Wirfs has been far more productive because of his availability. Is Becton good? Sure. But Edoga and McDermott are not. Maybe Fant can be serviceable over on the left. Point is, we'll have to keep finding out who can fill in over there as long as Becton is penciled in (and I specifically mean pencil here) as the starter. When Zach is crumpled up on the ground because of a blindside hit, I'll  be sure to remember how unfair my criticism was of the guy who can't be counted on to be guarding it. 

And for the record...I'll go ahead and be the guy to continue to determine just what the hell I talk about, but thanks for the input. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
4 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Becton is gone till NOV. I dont care how talented you are when you cant stay on the field it makes you less valuable

Zach Wilson is a great QB. But as the Mac haters used to say about top 10 draft picks "they fall into your lap" right? 

You mentioned one, ONE person out of the 2020 class outside Becton in Hall? Echols did "hold up" if thats the standard. MC 2? I gotta see more snaps? Where was number 8? AVT had an average at best game. We gave up like 3 picks to get him, i want more then average. 

Ok, Becton is out till November, but he still played well. 

What does "fall into your lap" mean? JD made a decision to move on from Sam and draft Zach. That was a franchise changing move. The Jets lost, but if CJ and the rest of the defense make that stop at the end of the game, I feel that Zach would have won that game. 

I forgot Guidry & Huff who were UDFA, technically not drafted but still regarded as part of that class. Elijah played and had a reception taken away because of a penalty. Played poorly but not indicative of the type of player he is. AVT played like a rookie, but I would rather have him than Wyatt Davis, which is what PFF was clamoring for. It was their 1st action in live reps against an opponent. Players like Elijah & AVT will only get better once they get their feet under them. 

The CBs played well especially considering it was their 1st game for some of them.

What was your expectations for this past game and these rookies? If you felt that they would be Pro Bowlers in their 1st game, you are in for a rude awaking.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

I’m taking the over 8 weeks.  

Feel sorry for the guy but my gut tells me the oline will be better without him.  I also firmly believe he should be moved to RT when he comes back. 

• Upvote 2
59 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Hasn't found one durable OL since he has been here, and can't find a good center.  Joe is doing it wrong.  But he isn't Mac bad yet.

No GM in NFL history is "Mac bad".  Certainly a low bar to clear! 

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, sec143dmf said:

Feel sorry for the guy but my gut tells me the oline will be better without him.  I also firmly believe he should be moved to RT when he comes back. 

The protection should improve over the next several weeks due to experience in the system for everyone on the offense including the offensive coordinator. The improvement will not be because Fant is a better LT than Becton though.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, Flightattendant said:

How about you support the players that wear out colors? Ever think of that? 

Becton is ours. Wirfs is the buccs. Get on the waitlist for Tampa's season tickets or shut up man.

Francis.

Up.

Lighten.

Becton graded out as average last last year. 19th best LT according to PFF. Allowed 7-10 sacks depending on which source you use. Missed approximately 25% of the offensive plays. 

He graded out below average for last week, with one sack allowed, several missed blocks. And another injury. 

Those are the facts. 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, freestater said:

And for the record...I'll go ahead and be the guy to continue to determine just what the hell I talk about, but thanks for the input. 

And, also determined by the guy on this side, I will continue to be annoyed if I find it annoying.  I think that's fair!

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

Becton graded out as average last last year. 19th best LT according to PFF. Allowed 7-10 sacks depending on which source you use. Missed approximately 25% of the offensive plays. 
He graded out below average for last week, with one sack allowed, several missed blocks. And another injury. 
Those are the facts. 

Very true: not deniable.  

Also fact: He is a 22 year old male learning one of the most important jobs, outside of QB at an insanely competitive level working for a team with a fan base so rabid to see success that some are ready to cut every player after one season if they are not playing at a pro-bowl level.

His first season was pretty darned good for a 21 year old kid playing his first season in the pros in a team with almost zero talent on the o-line.  

Also also fact: It could take some time to make that body ready for the pros.  It could take time to develop strength, conditioning, and know-how.  But, some are throwing the 'bust' label around already.  

• Like 1
5 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

I am a Becton fan Doggin....but something isn't jelling with this kid.  I think that has been obvious to just about everyone.  He played extremely well for his first year, and showed up overweight and has struggled mightily so far this year.  I am not sure what there is to argue about.

I am not suggesting we cut him.  I am not suggesting we fire JD.  But there isn't a problem with protecting the team by drafting another dependable LT either.  

Only the ones that aren't annoying.  

OK, but if there's one thing we know about the kid it's that he doesn't loaf or think his size/natural talent is all he needs. So why make that the argument?

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

Wish him a speedy and complete recovery.

I'd rather he take longer, even the whole season if needed, and come back strong and ready and in shape, rather than rushed.

Like him or not, he's a long term asset and needs protected, just like Zach.

I have already accepted that Becton will not be back on the field in a full time roll until 2022. We might see him play a few downs in 9 to 10 weeks, but I don't see him making it to week 17. I hope that I eat these words. I want to be wrong. 

23 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I have already accepted that Becton will not be back on the field in a full time roll until 2022. We might see him play a few downs in 9 to 10 weeks, but I don't see him making it to week 17. I hope that I eat these words. I want to be wrong. 

Unless we are somehow miraculously withing playoff distance down the stretch, I think the odds are good he is out for the season. 

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I'm betting Vera Tucker is our starting LT at some point this year and stays there for a long time.  

That wouldn’t be so surprising and would leave the jets with perhaps a new LT of the future, and then what, you trade bechton?

The Jets RG is a 10+ UDFA from Penn, the Ivy League School.   We did not think Trey Smith was better?

who is signed on the OL next year?  It is not pretty.  Fant and Moses are gone.  

The Chiefs lost the SB on the OL and have already rebuilt it.  JD is spinning his wheels 

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, jamesr said:

I blame JD myself. Why he didn't know ahead of the 2020 draft that Becton would get his leg rolled up on at some point is beyond belief. Don't these guys do their research?? 

:D  

So I guess Becton's new nickname goes from Big Ticket to Rollie Pollie

• Haha 1