Surgery for Becton, out 4-8 wks

BroadwayRay

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

The way he got hurt this year had nothing to do with his weight. 

Maybe so, I remember D'Brick was athletic a martial arts aficionado, not nearly as big as Bechton, nor did he have to be...Bechton came in out of shape, he needs to get his S%%t together...got his butt whipped by Lawson all summer, I'm ok with a new LT in the draft if he doesn't get his crap together

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, LSJF said:

Maybe so, I remember D'Brick was athletic a martial arts aficionado, not nearly as big as Bechton, nor did he have to be...Bechton came in out of shape, he needs to get his S%%t together...got his butt whipped by Lawson all summer, I'm ok with a new LT in the draft if he doesn't get his crap together

Impressive you'd manage to misspell his name even though it's correct in the thread title. Don't mean to be a dick, it's just that H a lot of people add in gets on my nerves.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Correct. Narratives need to be consistently pushed like advertising campaigns.

He was out of shape, he's our most important lineman , he read his press clippings from last year, had his butt whipped by Lawson all summer long, I like when our QB doesn't get sacked

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Impressive you'd manage to misspell his name even though it's correct in the thread title. Don't mean to be a dick, it's just that H a lot of people add in gets on my nerves.

Not concerned about the spelling, until he gets his sh&t together I'll spell it like the stoner I am...

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, LSJF said:

When he makes it back this year - look for big runs to the left side. Dude is a monster. 

I agree that he has to prove he can stay in shape, but it's waaaaay to early to talk about moving on from one of the most talented players on our entire roster. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Practice stats against a speed rusher without pads on are about as useful as t!ts on a bull. His injury had nothing to do with his condition. Any player in the league getting rolled up like that is getting injured. The narrative that it happened because he's out of shape that you and others push is dumb.

By the way, seems like he was in decent shape to start the season. Before the freak injury happened.

All of this

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The way he got hurt this year had nothing to do with his weight. 

Getting leaner and more fit might help his recovery though. And while it’s possible that’s meal prepping and working out (using body parts that won’t negatively affect his knee), I’d bet that he is not doing that. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Practice stats against a speed rusher without pads on are about as useful as t!ts on a bull. His injury had nothing to do with his condition. Any player in the league getting rolled up like that is getting injured. The narrative that it happened because he's out of shape or injury prone that you and others push is dumb. It happened because GVR is complete and utter trash.

By the way, seems like he was in decent shape to start the season. Before the freak injury happened.

In Tony P's article he specifically mentioned Becton being overweight, which annoyed me, due to the importance of the position , hope he gets it together , I would love to eat crow

• Thumb Down 1

12 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Practice stats against a speed rusher without pads on are about as useful as t!ts on a bull. His injury had nothing to do with his condition. Any player in the league getting rolled up like that is getting injured. The narrative that it happened because he's out of shape or injury prone that you and others push is dumb. It happened because GVR is complete and utter trash.

@JiFapono Sexy AF

8 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Getting leaner and more fit might help his recovery though. And while it’s possible that’s meal prepping and working out (using body parts that won’t negatively affect his knee), I’d bet that he is not doing that. 

He's probably working out but just eating like a MFer

15 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Dude is a mountain of a man, I mean kid.