Ot: is it still hard to get a ps5

7 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

I got an email from Sony saying I was invited to buy a ps5 tomorrow. 

are these still hard to get?

would this be possible to flip on eBay?

or I assume a good birthday gift for my son  

thanks!

VERY HARD! My wife had to buy one on Facebook marketplace… She paid $750. She’s been looking every day since last October trying to purchase one. If you can get it grab it

your son could play it for a year and probably you’ll be able to sell it for what you originally bought it for. Or you could flip it and make 50%. Just make sure you don’t open the box. You can get more money for it that way

24 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

VERY HARD! My wife had to buy one on Facebook marketplace… She paid $750. She’s been looking every day since last October trying to purchase one. If you can get it grab it

your son could play it for a year and probably you’ll be able to sell it for what you originally bought it for. Or you could flip it and make 50%. Just make sure you don’t open the box. You can get more money for it that way

Okay I will try!

should I get digital or cd version?

i think my son has disk version of ps4

thanks!

not sure why I got this invite.  Weird. 

31 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

My son has wanted a Simpson LEGO set for 3 years now.  They are expensive like 580 bucks.  Maybe I’ll see if someone will trade a new Simpson for a new ps5. 

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

How much are they asking?

**BE SURE ITS NOT A SCAM**
Good luck

PlayStation | Congratulations, you've been selected!

We’re pleased to extend this opportunity to order a PS5™ console!

Your order instructions:

• Starting from 12:00 PT on September 17 click the “Shop now” button below to enter the site.
• You will need to log in using the email address and password associated with your PSN ID.
• You may add additional items to your PS5™ console order.
• Don’t forget those extra DualSense™ wireless controllers or PS5™ games!

Things to keep in mind:

• Have your credit card details ready.
• This URL is unique to you and not meant to be shared with anyone else.
• If the URL is accessed before the start time, or the link is accessed on multiple devices, you may be locked out of the order system.

Seems pretty legit.  I hope! lol.  

11 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I actually find it bizarre how hard it is for the new xbox and the ps5.  It's like, lets make a great new upgraded consoles  but lets not actually produce many of them.

It's a supply chain issue. Same reason used cars/new cars are skyrocketing due to a chip issue. Only going to worsen.

9 hours ago, batman10023 said:

The email says it’s from PlayStation.   I just have to sign up with my mother’s maiden name and I am good to go

The fact that they are asking for your mother’s maiden name would be a real big red flag to me. 

If you hover your mouse on the email address you got this from it should tell you something 

I got an email from Sony saying I was invited to buy a ps5 tomorrow. 

are these still hard to get?
would this be possible to flip on eBay?
or I assume a good birthday gift for my son  
thanks!

I got three at launch. One for me, one for my brother in law and one for my nephew. Was a huge pain in the ass.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

17 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Your order instructions:

• Starting from 12:00 PT on September 17 click the “Shop now” button below to enter the site.
• You will need to log in using the email address and password associated with your PSN ID.

Things to keep in mind:

• If the URL is accessed before the start time, or the link is accessed on multiple devices, you may be locked out of the order system.

Let's see the email address it came from.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Your order instructions:

Things to keep in mind:

Stay away.  I'd bet this is a scam

5 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I got a PS5 on launch and I'll be honest, you're not missing much. There hasn't been much coming out in the way of good games, but it should pick up this holiday season

I agree.  I am not impressed with the new machine and don't really get all the hype about it.  I'd say it is a marginal upgrade from the PS4

29 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Your order instructions:

Things to keep in mind:

Trying to get one for my son and have seen people receive emails from PlayStation saying that they have been selected. It seemed to be legitimate but who knows,  I would just be cautious. Maybe send them an email or call PS. 

17 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I got a PS5 on launch and I'll be honest, you're not missing much. There hasn't been much coming out in the way of good games, but it should pick up this holiday season

There just aren't enough new games that make the most of the new hardware yet.  I've mostly been playing upgraded versions of my PS4 games on the PS5 rather than new PS5 releases.  Shooting Nazis in the testicles in Sniper Elite is even more fun on the upgraded PS5 version, for example.

PS5 Madden is a nice visual upgrade from the PS4 version, but it was so full of bugs at launch it was virtually unplayable.

• Upvote 1

Don't buy from scalpers or anyone saying they have one. It's all a scam. 

Follow these two on twitter: LordOfRestocks & Matt Swider and turn on tweet notifications. Also join their discord servers.. this was the biggest help for me. 

I found it easiest with gamestop (became a pro-member so I got "first dibs") Just spam the add to cart till I got the capcha.  Downside to gamestop is they only sell bundles which get pricey, but for the same price as some scalpers I got an extra controller, a gamestop gift card, PS+ for one year, and $50 PS store credit along with the digital edition. 

For ANY website always create an account first and save your shipping/billing address and card info to checkout quickly. 

Both of those guys I mentioned live stream when they know of a drop and kind of coach you through it. 

23 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

There just aren't enough new games that make the most of the new hardware yet.  I've mostly been playing upgraded versions of my PS4 games on the PS5 rather than new PS5 releases.  Shooting Nazis in the testicles in Sniper Elite is even more fun on the upgraded PS5 version, for example.

PS5 Madden is a nice visual upgrade from the PS4 version, but it was so full of bugs at launch it was virtually unplayable.

This is true. Additionally with the lacking content most of you guys will have to buy new tvs to support the refresh rates and resolution. The bummer with that also is that we'll likely never hit 4K @ 120hz (usually its one or the other) It's a console after all. 

Edit: and if anyone is interested in sports cards, gpus or any rarities like that those guys have updates on their discord servers also. Super helpful.