Leonard Williams $26MM cap hit the next two seasons

KO91

4 minutes ago, varjet said:

JD is a lot better at contract management, trades and FAs than drafting. 

drafting unfortunately is the most important part of his job. 

Well at least he is good at something! But he does get an A for effort at drafting - and I would say a "C" for results so far.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, sackdance said:

Daniel Jones does all the work over there. Strange offense ... and for an OL that's supposed to among the league's worst they don't look that disastrous to me.

Daniel Jones is a weird situation. 

He stands in the pocket well (too long) which gives his WRs time to get open

He is also able to rush for 100 yards. 

Yet he almost never uses his legs to avoid pressure, give his WRs time to get open and make a play with his arm. When he leaves the pocket it's almost always with his head down and the goal of running for a 1st. 

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Golladay is really good, but when you have Daniel Jones as your QB who is both bad and who seems intent on just passing to Sheppard  it seems like a waste of money.

Golladay is always hurt and has a lot of drops though. I think once they are able to get on the field together more and get the timing down he will be their top wide out.

15 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Daniel Jones is a weird situation. 

He stands in the pocket well (too long) which gives his WRs time to get open

He is also able to rush for 100 yards. 

Yet he almost never uses his legs to avoid pressure, give his WRs time to get open and make a play with his arm. When he leaves the pocket it's almost always with his head down and the goal of running for a 1st. 

He runs, or throws, but doesn't really scramble.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, jayrad01 said:

Golladay is always hurt and has a lot of drops though. I think once they are able to get on the field together more and get the timing down he will be their top wide out.

The injuries were the only reason I was OK the Jets passed on him. He has a TON of talent. But then we got to watch him yell at Jones last night on national TV and I was even happier we didn't bring him in 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Thank you Joe Douglas. Thank you!

Let me ask you, would you approve this trade:

Leonard Williams
Jamal Adams
Robbie Anderson
The Entire 2020 Draft
The Entire 2021 Draft

-for-

Zach Wilson
Ryan Kalil
Karre Vedvik
Braden Mann

'cause that's what happened.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 3

35 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Let me ask you, would you approve this trade:

Leonard Williams
Jamal Adams
Robbie Anderson
The Entire 2020 Draft
The Entire 2021 Draft

-for-

Zach Wilson
Ryan Kalil
Karre Vedvik
Braden Mann

'cause that's what happened.

SAR I

I try to focus on one thing at a time honestly. He made  the right call on Williams and Adams. I like Robbie, would have liked to see him play with Zach, I bet he’d  never say it but bet he would too. 

If Zach hits and  Joe’s shitty offensive line starts to gel before the kid is on IR that will wash away a fair amount of sin. 

Kalil, vedvic seemed like panic moves and like most decisions of that nature were dreadful. Didn’t we like deny one  of them healthcare? 

Both drafts as of right now look pretty damn awful. Time will tell, just hope we hit one in Zach and so does Joe. 

I think his management of assets have been pretty good, yet draft picks are only as good as the players you pick. Woody and Chris  need to chip in and buy him one of those IBM Watson things. He needs help there. It’s like saving up two years for a dream vacation and booking it in Afghanistan. Not good. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I think his management of assets have been pretty good, yet draft picks are only as good as the players you pick. Woody and Chris  need to chip in and buy him one of those IBM Watson things. He needs help there. It’s like saving up two years for a dream vacation and booking it in Afghanistan. Not good. 

I recall @#27TheDominator noting some concerns about Douglas' draft record when he arrived.  In particular the Donnell Pumphrey pick when he was the # 2 guy in charge with the Eagles.  Also, the 2015 draft when he was Director of Scouting with the Bears was terrible too.  

I ignored those red flags in hopes that when he got to the big chair he would demonstrate that maybe a lot of those picks weren't his fault.  Or that perhaps he'd learned his lessons along the way.  But now we can't ignore them any longer.  His picks simply HAVE to land.

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

If Zach is as good as I think he can be, easily. 

Adams and Williams are good players who are paid like great players. Anderson is a nice WR, but the league is littered with good WRs. Our WR room is doing just fine. 

If Wilson is good, he's worth ten Jamal Adams. 

I'm with you, and if Zach goes down as a Top 10 NFL quarterback for the next decade let's build a statue of Joe Douglas in Flushing Meadows.

-but-

Let's also simultaneously promote him to SVP Salary Cap & Analytics and get him the f-ck away from anything to do with player personnel and the draft.  This guy is a ballsy negotiator but just awful at drafting and free agency.

SAR I

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'm with you, and if Zach goes down as a Top 10 NFL quarterback for the next decade let's build a statue of Joe Douglas in Flushing Meadows.

-but-

Let's also simultaneously promote him to SVP Salary Cap & Analytics and get him the f-ck away from anything to do with player personnel and the draft.  This guy is a ballsy negotiator but just awful at drafting and free agency.

SAR I

He still needs a team around him or he will be David Carr, a really good QB with a forever 7-10 type of team. It will stunt his growth 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The one guy that fit what I was worried about was Perine.  The rest?  Not as much. 

Yeah, a strange pick for sure.  I get that we look for one-cut RB's so the "boring" kinds of backs are going to be the picks we make in the middle rounds at that spot on the field.  But you still hope for a guy with SOME athleticism in the 4th round.  Perine's ceiling is Bilal Powell.  We can and should do better with our RB picks.  

9 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Well at least he is good at something! But he does get an A for effort at drafting - and I would say a "C" for results so far.

Considering the 2020 draft class, he gets a solid F.  2021 draft class is an unknown for now.  It could vindicate or condemn. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Considering the 2020 draft class, he gets a solid F.  2021 draft class is an unknown for now.  It could vindicate or condemn. 

Eh.  I think we had this discussion yesterday, but that seems pretty ******* harsh.  They got what may end up a starting LT.  A starting CB.  A safety and WR that have started some games.  If this is the peak for all of them?  Maybe it is an F, but we have seen worse and recently.

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Golladay is really good, but when you have Daniel Jones as your QB who is both bad and who seems intent on just passing to Sheppard  it seems like a waste of money.

You could have Joe Montana as QB and giving Kenny Golladay 72 mil is a bad idea.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah, a strange pick for sure.  I get that we look for one-cut RB's so the "boring" kinds of backs are going to be the picks we make in the middle rounds at that spot on the field.  But you still hope for a guy with SOME athleticism in the 4th round.  Perine's ceiling is Bilal Powell.  We can and should do better with our RB picks.  

Powell is also picked in the fourth round. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Eh.  I think we had this discussion yesterday, but that seems pretty ******* harsh.  They got what may end up a starting LT.  A starting CB.  A safety and WR that have started some games.  If this is the peak for all of them?  Maybe it is an F, but we have seen worse and recently.

For the time being, it's an F.