Gamepass Blocks My Replays, Says I'm Accessing Outside US In An "Uncovered Territory".

kelticwizard

For the past couple of years I've been living in suburban Chicago. This is the second straight week that Gamepass has screwed up.  I like to take care that I don't find out the final score when I view the Gamepass replay.  I avoid sports reports on the TV, etc. For the second straight week, I went to Gamepass on the computer, was logged in, but was greeted on the screen by offers to get Gamepass,  as if I hadn't joined.  When I clicked "Games" on the screen, I was greeted by the following message:  It seems you are accessing from a territory not covered by NFL Game Pass International. 

I poke around for some other way in, sometimes finding it.  Unfortunately, these ways seem to include bypassing my login, which erases the "Scores OFF" choice and so I have to see the final score before I finally get the replay.

"Chat bot" experience produced squat in the way of useful advice.  Earlier, I had filled out a "ticket" and got no response.

This crap didn't happen last year when I had the service, from the same location that I'm now in.  

Anybody run into this problem and find a solution?  I'd be quite grateful to have one.  This is the second straight week my enjoyment of the game has been ruined by Gamepass' screwup.

18 minutes ago, kelticwizard said:

I blacked out my gamepass log in name, but I was logged in on that screen.  When I click "Games" when this screen appears, That's when the "It seems you are accessing from a territory not covered by NFL Game Pass International" thing appears.

Hmmm, I’m not sure. 

• Upvote 1

Okay, I found a couple of ways.  One is to go to nfl.com, sign in with my gamepass info, and then click "gamepass". "Game Replays" will be at the top of the screen, and click it.  Then choose your game.

The second way is to go to https://www.nfl.com/game-pass/learn-more , and then click "Game Replays" on the second line at the top of the screen.  Then choose your game.

There's a third way, involving clicking "Teams", but that's too complicated.

I think something must be wrong, it wasn't this complicated last year.  But at least I can use it now, without having to see the score before I start the replay.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

Thanks for your quick answer.

I was not trying to log into Game Pass International.  I went to my search engine and clicked on https://www.nflgamepass.com/en  .  This is the screen I got.  No "Game Rewind" to be found, either at the top or bottom.

748052188_gamepass1.thumb.gif.1f0e0bc84b2adb7e27869fbf56e9378f.gif

I wonder if you take off the /en from the website address?  That indicates it's an english speaking site but may be taking you to a site from outside the US.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

I blacked out my gamepass log in name, but I was logged in on that screen.  When I click "Games" when this screen appears, That's when the "It seems you are accessing from a territory not covered by NFL Game Pass International" thing appears.

That says international, and I think Gamepass is only for people outside of the US (like me, who has it). They’re bastards about VPNs but glad you figured it out!

13 hours ago, docdhc said:

I wonder if you take off the /en from the website address?  That indicates it's an english speaking site but may be taking you to a site from outside the US.

Thanks for the idea.  I went to www.nflgamepass.com and the page that appeared was www.nflgamepass.com/en .

I think that site is designed solely to get people to sign up for GamePass, not to get into it.  Apparently, the site https://www.nfl.com/game-pass/learn-more  is for people who got it and used it for the first time, then are bewildered as to how they get it again.  That's why they label the site which allows you to come back in "learn more".

Maximum joy could be attained by making a site which both allows people who don't have the service to buy it, and also allows those who already have the service to come back to the same site, give their password, and come in.  Alas, that seems to not be the case, at least with my Windows 10 computer.

On 9/17/2021 at 11:22 PM, kelticwizard said:

For the past couple of years I've been living in suburban Chicago. This is the second straight week that Gamepass has screwed up.  I like to take care that I don't find out the final score when I view the Gamepass replay.  I avoid sports reports on the TV, etc. For the second straight week, I went to Gamepass on the computer, was logged in, but was greeted on the screen by offers to get Gamepass,  as if I hadn't joined.  When I clicked "Games" on the screen, I was greeted by the following message:  It seems you are accessing from a territory not covered by NFL Game Pass International. 

I poke around for some other way in, sometimes finding it.  Unfortunately, these ways seem to include bypassing my login, which erases the "Scores OFF" choice and so I have to see the final score before I finally get the replay.

"Chat bot" experience produced squat in the way of useful advice.  Earlier, I had filled out a "ticket" and got no response.

This crap didn't happen last year when I had the service, from the same location that I'm now in.  

Anybody run into this problem and find a solution?  I'd be quite grateful to have one.  This is the second straight week my enjoyment of the game has been ruined by Gamepass' screwup.

I had Game pass and it sucks. Get rid of it and download the NFL Sunday ticket. You can get it without getting Directv or signing a contract.

12 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

I had Game pass and it sucks. Get rid of it and download the NFL Sunday ticket. You can get it without getting Directv or signing a contract.

I finally made GamePass work.  https://www.nfl.com/game-pass/gamepass/all-games . works.  But thanks for the info about getting Sunday ticket, that would have been my next stop.

4 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

Much thanks for the link.  I'll keep it handy.

you got it Wiz even though I'm not so sure that I can stand to watch too many more of this teams' games, they have just taken the love of pro football out of my life over these last few decades

• Haha 1

On 9/17/2021 at 11:22 PM, kelticwizard said:

Are you using a VPN?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, kelticwizard said:

Not sure.  The router is a Model 5268AC  FXN, and it on an ATT Uverse system.  Does that help? The phone is an ATT system but is not plugged into the router.

A VPN (virtual private network) spoofs the IP address to make the server that has the information you are trying to access think you are at a different location and shield your identity.  I use a VPN and I noticed when I was using international locations, I would see warnings about acessing sone sites from outside of the USA. I now use a US based location (for everyones information, I use my phone to post here and there is no VPN on that) and I don't  get the warnings anymore. 

• Upvote 1