*** College Game Day 09/18 ***

Beerfish

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Alabama (1) vs Florida (11) can Florida at least give Bama a game?

Dawgs vs South Carolina should be an easy win for Uga.

Most other top 10 games seem to be beat down games.

Auburn (22) at Penn State (10) will be a reality  check for PSU

I would sell my left nut to see Bama lose this early in the season. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, faba said:

I am interested in that Auburn vs Penn state game two teams that never meet 

It seems to me that Auburn over the last number of years has been very good as an underdog that knocks higher rated teams off but if they are looking at a top 3 position  they get upset.

I can never gauge Penn State or Notre Dame until they start meeting good teams as I feel they always get rated higher than they deserve early in the year.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, freestater said:

Then they give the ball to cincy right before halftime 

This game is a PRIME example of a referee influencing a game. 

IU absolutely dominating the game. Shutting Cincy out. 

Targeting call against IU defensive captain. Completely unjustified. They have shown the replay 20 times and I still dont know what they're talking about. 

Cincy immediately scores 10 points in a couple minutes. 

If IU loses this, its because of the ref. Hands down. I dont even give a sh*t about IU football either lol. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

Just now, JTJet said:

This game is a PRIME example of a referee influencing a game. 

IU absolutely dominating the game. Shutting Cincy out. 

Targeting call against IU defensive captain. Completely unjustified. They have shown the replay 20 times and I still dont know what they're talking about. 

Cincy immediately scores 10 points in a couple minutes. 

If IU loses this, its because of the ref. Hands down. I dont even give a sh*t about IU football either lol. 

All of this is accurate. Cincy's QB almost handed it back in the corner of the endzone. They really got no business being this tight. 

The Michigan State/ Miami game has been pretty entertaining 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, freestater said:

All of this is accurate. Cincy's QB almost handed it back in the corner of the endzone. They really got no business being this tight. 

I might have to switch over. This game feels completely different after the ref interference. Was hoping to see an upset. 

13 minutes ago, freestater said:

Yup.  Good first half.  Miami moving the ball well, but mistakes have kept the game close -- missed FG, lost fumble,interception,  penalties.  If Miami can play a clean second half, they should win comfortably.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Go Dawgs. Let’s go be 3-0 after today. @Lith

Curious to see what we do at QB tonight.  Bennett supposedly has a sore back, not sure if JT is healthy yet, and Beck wasn't all that impressive with the reps he got last week.  I am guessing Bennett gets the start -- don't think Kirby has announces who his guy is yet.

32 minutes ago, Lith said:

Curious to see what we do at QB tonight.  Bennett supposedly has a sore back, not sure if JT is healthy yet, and Beck wasn't all that impressive with the reps he got last week.  I am guessing Bennett gets the start -- don't think Kirby has announces who his guy is yet.

That’s my guess too. Bennett’s play wasn’t inspiring last year by any means(hint: it was awful), but, he looked good against a UAB squad lol. SC may be a tad bit different but he should be able to do his part against SC. The defense just needs to continue being the back bone.

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m not a big college football watcher these days, but can someone tell me if D’Eriq King was supposed to be a good player? All I know is that he got like a million bucks in NIL contracts. 

Depends on what you mean by a good player.  Decent college QB, been around forever -- I think this is his 6th season of college ball.  I don't see him as a great pro prosepct.  Listed at 5'11", which means he is probably smaller than that.  Inconsistent accuracy, not sure he has the arm strength to succeed in NFL.  Probably a day 3 pick next year.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

It really shouldnt be though. This game has no business being like this. Should be an IU shut out. 

Sure because 1 player tends to just maintain a teams level of play for 4 quarters in college football. It was the right call, even though targeting needs to be completely revamped. 

24 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Sure because 1 player tends to just maintain a teams level of play for 4 quarters in college football. It was the right call, even though targeting needs to be completely revamped. 

Clearly you didnt see the play. 

You can replay that 100 times and 99% of people will ask what you are talking about. The refs on the field didnt call it, and nobody on the field even considered it. It came from above about 1 full minute after the play was over. 

It isnt about the 1 player, it's about changing the direction/momentum of the game. IU was about to get the ball back and most likely score and go 21-0 into the half. 

That play shell shocked and changed the entire morale of that team. 

It should have never happened. 

3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Clearly you didnt see the play. 

You can replay that 100 times and 99% of people will ask what you are talking about. The refs on the field didnt call it, and nobody on the field even considered it. It came from above about 1 full minute after the play was over. 

It isnt about the 1 player, it's about changing the direction/momentum of the game. IU was about to get the ball back and most likely score and go 21-0 into the half. 

That play shell shocked and changed the entire morale of that team. 

It should have never happened. 

I watched it. It’s the right call. The rule needs to be fixed but the call wasn’t egregious. Losing a linebacker doesn’t make a QB throw 3 picks. Cincinnati has at least 3 top 50 picks on their team, they would’ve figured something out.