*** College Game Day 09/18 ***

Beerfish

18 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

I've already seen about 5 mocks that have us drafting this kid.  6'7" 355 pounds the guy is a legit top 10 pick and an athletic freak.  I've been semi obsessed with him.

Before this year I would have said it was an absurd thought to draft a LT with already having Becton but his injury and style lately is putting more credence into the move him to RT line of thinking.

• Upvote 2

A few things we learned so far today.

• Miami is not good.  Losing by 21 to an average MIchigan State team at home.
  • Bama may still be the best team in the country, but they are not the juggernaut we thought they might be this year.  Miami win is not nearly as impressive as it looked and Gators likely to make them play into the 4th quarter
  • Gators are good.  Defense is legit and their run game is dangerous.  SEC East is a toss up. 
  • 3rd and Grantham is still a thing.

I just put on the replay of the Columbia-Marist game. I used to live in Inwood across the street from the stadium sometimes I’d go to games even though they were incredibly bad. But I’ve always had an interest and a soft spot in my heart for the team and the stadium Baker Field. Until today when I found out that the field after a big contribution is now partially named after Kraft who went to Columbia and has a big logo (Robert K. Kraft Field). 

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Emory Jones has missed so many easy throws and reads.  My goodness.

Do you remember a poster called Em Diggy? Not sure if it was here or at JI but he used to post his own youtube videos in the draft forum. His name was Emory Jones I believe.....gotta think that's his dad. 

• Upvote 2

After watching a few weeks the national championship is up for grabs for the first time in over a decade. Bama is not the Bama of last year and I'm not sold on Young, Clemson is a disaster on offense and almost got taken to OT today against GT and they were at home, OK isn't lighting it up either. 

It should be a fun season.

• Upvote 2