*** College Game Day 09/18 ***

10 minutes ago, RobR said:

From HS. He was the next heir apparent because of his lineage. 

He then had that dramatic last second game wining TD pass against Oregon in his first college game and the hype train switched into overdrive.  But has pretty much sucked ever since.  Like on that last throw.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This game is a PRIME example of a referee influencing a game.  IU absolutely dominating the game. Shutting Cincy out.  Targeting call against IU defensive captain. Completely unjustified. Th

Gators got robbed they stopped Alabama on third down three times and each time there was a pass interference penalty that was bogus.

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The thing that annoys me the most is:

year one, Bo is a great athletes just needs some more experience!

year two. Bo is progressing learning to not run right away and hold the ball.

year three.  Nix is learning and progressing.??

Even in this game at least twice they have said such stuff.  The guy has been the starter for what three full years?

He's about five steps below Sam Ehlinger.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Fun slate of games I’ve been watching today. Michigan State vs Miami, (MSU is so back btw) Alabama and Florida, Penn State vs Auburn and now finishing the night with Arizona State vs BYU. NFL tomorrow, damn fall weekends are so good. 

Looks like MSU finally has a QB.

5 minutes ago, RobR said:

Looks like MSU finally has a QB.

Yup. Thorne definitely looks like the guy. Looking ahead at the schedule but it’s not crazy to say that both MSU and UM could be 6-1 or 7-0 by the time they play each other on October 30th. If that’s the case East Lansing will be absolutely insane that Saturday. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Some people really do not like Danielson but I think this crew is my fav commentating crew for college.

Has there ever been a broadcaster more obvious about rooting for a team while calling the game? He basically juggles Saban's nuts the entire broadcast

13 hours ago, HessStation said:

The grab was so ******* ticky tack. Every game it’s the refs. I genuinely hate football every time I try watching a game now

A couple of the drive extending 3rd down PI's were ridiculous but ultimately an extra point and a turnover was the difference....well, that and getting behind 21-3.

12 hours ago, cookiemonsta911 said:

Gators outgain them on the ground by 200 yards without Richardson who is super fast . Bama might lose to Auburn or A/M and follow it with a lose to UGA

I dont know how much Richardson would have changed the game, he obviously is a different kind of player to account for but playing that well without him was very encouraging.   Maybe they dont get down 21-3, maybe they score in the redzone instead of kick a FG, who knows...ultimately the game was decided by an extra point miss and Emory should have just let Davis have the ball immediately on the 2 point conversion.  All that said, AR15 is going to win a Heisman and might end up being the #1 overall pick, so his time is coming.

We'll see about Bama, it's possible Florida is better than we think (myself included) but this is also the only team not to get embarrassed by Bama last year with a totally different team, so maybe it's just a tip of the cap to Dan Mullen, dude can coach.

19 hours ago, JTJet said:

We need us some Peyton Hendershot TE from Indiana. Dude just took 3 defenders into the endzone. 

No we don’t, trust me. Guy cares more about showing off his abs and tats then anything else. He’s got stone ******* hands.  

10 hours ago, Lith said:

Great effort today.   You outplayed them over the last three quarters, but 21-3 was just too big a hole to dig out of against those guys.  I am very nervous for our matchup at the end of October.  Your run game and defense are good.  Real good.

I gave it all I had!!!!  Wings, sausage, a pork loin, grilled corn on the cob, cracked open a new bottle of bourbon and gave it my best shot!!! lol

I'm certainly more encouraged about the season after the performance.  I was expecting a blow out.  Can Jordan Davis miss the bus for that game?  Can I request that?  My god, he's Kris Jenkins all over again. 

9 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Gators got robbed they stopped Alabama on third down three times and each time there was a pass interference penalty that was bogus.

Frustrating for sure.  I felt like I was watching the Brady era Patriots 

38 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

No we don’t, trust me. Guy cares more about showing off his abs and tats then anything else. He’s got stone ******* hands.  

Maybe I've seen a limited amount of his game, but he seemed to look good in that first half. Is he an Instawhore or something?

23 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Maybe I've seen a limited amount of his game, but he seemed to look good in that first half. Is he an Instawhore or something?

He's got a ton of potential but it's gotten to his head.  After the 2019 season I thought he could turn into something special but he had a ton of really bad drops, in some really bad spots, last year.  He's a terrible blocker and has a me first attitude. 

During timeouts yesterday a couple of time I saw him walking over to Cincy's side of the ball and randomly get in other guy's faces and talk sh*t.  Nothing enough to get him thrown out or get a penalty, but this was even before he scored that touchdown.  He needs to shut up and do his job.

I'm just over him....of course, I'm kind of over constantly losing games like yesterday....so I may have a little bitterness in me right now.

17 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

He's got a ton of potential but it's gotten to his head.  After the 2019 season I thought he could turn into something special but he had a ton of really bad drops, in some really bad spots, last year.  He's a terrible blocker and has a me first attitude. 

During timeouts yesterday a couple of time I saw him walking over to Cincy's side of the ball and randomly get in other guy's faces and talk sh*t.  Nothing enough to get him thrown out or get a penalty, but this was even before he scored that touchdown.  He needs to shut up and do his job.

I'm just over him....of course, I'm kind of over constantly losing games like yesterday....so I may have a little bitterness in me right now.

I turned the channel after the half, I could tell the direction it was going to go after the targeting call. IU looked absolutely defeated for the rest of the half after that. 

I just really despise when officiating makes such an egregious error. IUs defense was playing lights out up until then. 

Also, that Cam Jones kid really stuck out too. LB/DE cant remember which position he was, but that dude was lighting people up all over the field. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

Frustrating for sure.  I felt like I was watching the Brady era Patriots 

I was thinking the exact same thing. 1 iffy call fine but 3 or 4 all on 3rd down when the Gators had stopped Alabama is ridiculous - especially when one was offensive pass interference.

• Upvote 1
37 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

I was thinking the exact same thing. 1 iffy call fine but 3 or 4 all on 3rd down when the Gators had stopped Alabama is ridiculous - especially when one was offensive pass interference.

36 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I disagree bc you’re dismissing huge momentum swings of the game. 

100%, trust me, I was very upset in the moment, I think I even yelled at the TV that we were playing 2 teams out there but I try to look at games with what you can control and when you look back, it still was decided by a missed extra point.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

100%, trust me, I was very upset in the moment, I think I even yelled at the TV that we were playing 2 teams out there but I try to look at games with what you can control and when you look back, it still was decided by a missed extra point.

You are a better man than I am. 

I am still pissed about some of the calls that went against us in the Natty a few years ago.  And don't get me started on the goal the Islanders gave up to lose game 7 to Tampa a few months ago.

• Haha 1