**** OFFICIAL GAMEDAY JETS vs PATS... F THE BELICHEATING WEAK A$$ PATS ****

Stark

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In the likely event we end up in a top 3 pick, there's no good reason not to take another QB next year.  But you're right that we won't do that, because Jets.  Wilson will be the QB in 2022.  

No because deciding that they Jets should dump their rookie QB after game two, one horrible game is how do they say, dumb? 

And dont give the Rosen comparison, its been one game not a season.  Thats equally mindless.  

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Better debut than Burrow, Tua, Lawrence, Murray and a higher YPA than Mac Jones. Also 7.0 YPA is pretty good just generally. 

Better than Manning.  Brady.  Favre. Elway.  J Allen.  The list goes on.  

I mean, I can take any qb and find a game or a week, where a scrub put up better numbers, what does that prove to anyone?

Its a mindless point you make when you dont know the game, just how to look up numbers.

In the likely event we end up in a top 3 pick, there's no good reason not to take another QB next year.  But you're right that we won't do that, because Jets.  Wilson will be the QB in 2022.  

I'll reserve judgment  on Zach until after the Denver game. A loud hostile crowd and a very good Denver defense will be a real NFL level test for Zach.

If he puts out another performance like today I'd look to replace him ASAP.

Actually, I'd replace JD and have the new GM build the team BEFORE drafting a QB.

25 minutes ago, TheMo said:

Picking QB after QB doesn't make sense IMHO. Unless you are changing regimes or their is a Peyton Manning type. Or if every game for Wilson is like this I guess. Hoping not, but this was the concern that the windows would get tighter and the crazy throws turn into picks and the scrambles turn into sacks/negative plays. 

Taking QB's until you find one is absolutely a viable strategy.  How many teams cut loose a young QB and went on to regret it?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Taking QB's until you find one is absolutely a viable strategy.  How many teams cut loose a young QB and went on to regret it?

If you keep taking QBs with the number one pick no other part of the team is going to improve. Honestly I'd support the Mangini approach at this point and just build up everything else. Take a tackle and a center or something next year. If Zach is still playing this crappy during the last couple games then I'm with you toss him. But I'm not going to toss every QB that isn't Herbert either.

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Right but you can only have one debut performance and kdels was arguing it was a good one.  It was "meh" at best.

Agreed I wouldn't say it was anything that made me confident. I usually just wait till the end of the season.

You and I typically see stuff similarly. And I get your frustration especially given that neither you or I were Wilson fanboys by any stretch. Some of it for me stems even from his fans putting him in Canton before the draft. So seeing him struggle like this is even more frustrating given the fellacio he was receiving from the Chris Simms of the world in the run-up. To have them be that confident and watch him implode for my team is even more annoying.

With all that said though, I'm trying to separate all that side baggage and neutrally evaluate the kid. He didn't choose his rabid fan base. So I am going to give him time before creating any conclusions. This is true even if he lights up Denver to the tune of 4TDs etc. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Why is it so hard to get this concept. 

Today was frustrating, and I get it, people want to vent.  But let see what the kid does over the next 15 games before making any decisions.  He sucked today.  Awful in a lot of different ways.  I was not a big Zach fan in the run up to the draft, but lets give the kid more than 2 games to prove himself.

OK but if he mostly sucks for the final 15 I don't want to hear people saying "He was a rookie, we have to give him next year to improve".  No, we don't. 

I'm sure Douglas WILL give him 2022 regardless of how he performs as a rookie, but that doesn't mean he'll have earned it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Why is it so hard to get this concept. 

Today was frustrating, and I get it, people want to vent.  But let see what the kid does over the next 15 games before making any decisions.  He sucked today.  Awful in a lot of different ways.  I was not a big Zach fan in the run up to the draft, but lets give the kid more than 2 games to prove himself.

Lol my last post is basically what you said. Great minds...or insane ones think a like. I'm guessing if it's the two of us it's the latter ?

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not too many teams cut loose a young QB and went on to regret it because it rarely happens.  '

Because its dumb as rocks especially deciding on doing it after one bad game.

Keep swinging til you hit however garbage in garbage out if we give a guy another top pick who has zero draft hits to date…

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Right but you can only have one debut performance and kdels was arguing it was a good one.  It was "meh" at best.

And yet still better than most rookie debut games in the last few years. And to be clear… I’m saying maybe chill making conclusions from minuscule sample sizes. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

OK but if he mostly sucks for the final 15 I don't want to hear people saying "He was a rookie, we have to give him next year to improve".  No, we don't. 

I'm sure Douglas WILL give him 2022 regardless of how he performs as a rookie, but that doesn't mean he'll have earned it.

Not gonna argue with that. 

But if he does suck, I might lean towards building the team and not taking another QB in top 5 (assuming we are there), but rather add a veteran Tannehill type game manager and let him compete with Wilson.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Lith said:

But if he does suck, I might lean towards building the team and not taking another QB in top 5 (assuming we are there), but rather add a veteran Tannehill type game manager and let him compete with Wilson.

I wish we could go back in time and get Kyle Pitts.  With a bridge QB like Tyrod Taylor at QB.  @Paradis

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yea and I'm with totally with you. If the dude continues to throw up clunkers I'm gonna wanna toss him by the end of this year. It's like the stupid hackenburg experiment. Sunk cost is really hard for people to get. The issue I have is that none of this QB class does it for me. 

If Wilson melts down I'd probably go into a Mangini mode and just build a team up. Try to plug in a capable veteran and try to create a positive culture/system. If JD/Saleh can't do that you eject them and start from scratch. Better than the limping along we did for a decade following the Rex years where we kept trying to patch sh*t up. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

This is getting creepy...where did you put the camera... Cause I'mma torture you by dancing in the nude pretty soon

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

You are hereby disqaulified from starting game day threads. Dont you dare do it again.  @joewilly12 Please start the official game day thread. Put it up NOW.

Fu** that. Max asked someone to start it. If you think this loss is on anyone other than Z Wilson please go have your head examined 

15 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

What a weird post since I have done nothing but bash Chris Johnson.  I praise Woody and he's been back for 5 minutes.  We've played 2 games.  Just weird

Woody hires bad GM's, put Chris in Charge.  Woody is a total buffoon. He has no ability to hire or put in charge the correct people.  

I wonder if he has ever had a W2 other than from the Jets.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Woody hires bad GM's, put Chris in Charge.  Woody is a total buffoon. He has no ability to hire or put in charge the correct people.  

I wonder if he has ever had a W2 other than from the Jets.

No he hasn’t.  Woody and Chrissy never served on the board of J&J and the only money they ever earned besides the Jets is the interest from their trust funds 

James Dolan is a genius compared to Woody

• Upvote 1