Yes we should have kept Darnold

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Zach Wilson is a bust and a half     Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Moving on from Darnold was 100% the correct decision. Time will tell if Zach was the correct replacement, but moving on was the right idea for the Jets and for Darnold.

I don't know about keeping darnold but the Jets 100% should have gone out and got a starter calibre vet like a Dalton or Mariota or such , they had the cap space they should not have done the often re

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Moving on from Darnold was 100% the correct decision.

Time will tell if Zach was the correct replacement, but moving on was the right idea for the Jets and for Darnold.

Sam Darnold concurs. Throwing bombs today and lighting up the scoreboard for carolina.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Moving on from Darnold was 100% the correct decision.

Time will tell if Zach was the correct replacement, but moving on was the right idea for the Jets and for Darnold.

Agreed.  I felt it was best for both sides.  I would have been fine trading down and building around Sam but i also wanted to restart the rookie contract clock.  It’s only game 2.  If he is still doing this game 13 then I would understand being worried 

• Upvote 3
2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Everyone thinks I wanted Fields but I advocated the trade down for a kings ransom because I wasn’t passionate about any of these guys.  Oh well.  

I loved the trade down.

I did 20 mocks of trade downs, it was glorious.

• Upvote 1

I have no problem with wanting to reset the QB contract clock...the problem I had was expecting Darnold to function with the team he had and acting like his ceiling was Mark Sanchez or something.  The other problem I had was acting like Wilson was the no brainer choice.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I don't know about keeping darnold but the Jets 100% should have gone out and got a starter calibre vet like a Dalton or Mariota or such , they had the cap space they should not have done the often repeated error of throwing a young guy to the wolves.

The other thing this situation shows is that the people blaming everything on Darnold were totally out to lunch.

It's almost as if a guy can look good if he has a decent oc and rb and some wrs as opposed to having:  the worst coaching staff in the league, no oline, no wrs no tight ends and a 40 year old starting rb.

Exactly. I mean fans salivate over Mahomes but let’s be honest his is loaded with big time talent around him and world class coaching. That makes a big difference for a QB

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I get why people are frustrated - Zach has had a truly terrible game - but it's the 2nd game of his NFL career. It's just too early to quit on him.

Has he ever played well against anyone as good or better than Coastal Carolina? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, BigRy56 said:

I’m ready for the negative reps, and will preface this with I really like Zach Wilson’s game…. but the move was always to trade for Watson. Miami will do it now 

Offer them Zach and the Seattle pick

• Thumb Down 2

I got a lot of sh*t here for wanting to keep Darnold….but i am good with Wilson. The ability is there, he will learn from his rookie mistakes, like Sam has. Most importantly we dont have to make a big money decision on Sam, Carolina does.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1