Yes we should have kept Darnold

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Hmmm... you should make sure you broadcast your hits as loudly as your misses, then. Darnold spun you in knots for years, man. It was sad to watch and very vitriolic.

First you defended Sanchez against "losers" for years before finally turning:

Then, after Darnold's first year you reversed your previous Sanchez indictment to defend Sam:

Then, you gave him "no excuses" going into 2020:

Then after last season you wanted him to stay for 2021, again proclaiming that for absolute real this time, no excuses, no take-backsies:

Then after he was long gone:

Doubling-down:

Darnold is your Yoko Ono. We want our Pac back. Let Sam go, man. It is indeed over.

If I wasn't in a melancholy mood over other stuff I'd systematically dismantle your assertions.

To be continued.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Zach Wilson is a bust and a half     Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Moving on from Darnold was 100% the correct decision. Time will tell if Zach was the correct replacement, but moving on was the right idea for the Jets and for Darnold.

I don't know about keeping darnold but the Jets 100% should have gone out and got a starter calibre vet like a Dalton or Mariota or such , they had the cap space they should not have done the often re

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Pac said:

If I wasn't in a melancholy mood over other stuff I'd systematically dismantle your assertions.

To be continued.

And when I proclaim I'm right 98% of the time about prospects, that may actually be relevant. 

14 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Sam is officially on the Mark Sanchez path. He’ll be a backup/spot starter for a few more teams and that’s it. 

Soon to be on TV. Instead of ESPN he may do a wiggles type of tv show where he shows them the dangers of sniffing glue. 

1 minute ago, fullblast said:

Man this is right on schedule. Then he’ll come back, put a solid December together and Panthers fans will spend the offseason convincing themselves he’s the guy.

and win some games to screw them out of the good college QBs.

2 hours ago, doitny said:

actually these idiots on the Panther board are saying....

oh thats why he had a bad game.....LMAO

these idiots STILL think he might be good now...hahahaha

Yep.  Built in excuse.  Never mind that he was playing like dogsh*t the 4 games PRIOR to suffering the injury.  Oh and the whole part about him always failing miserably against NE, too, whether healthy or not. 

Ignore all of that.  He'll be fine when his shoulder ouchy gets better.

At least Darnold won't use his injury as an excuse like Jamal Adams does.  Only Darnold's defenders make the excuse for him.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The Panthers pulled the old, "Darnold sucks so bad but we cant publicly admit it so lets fake an injury to get this scrub off the field" move.

I remember those days.

Thank you Joe Douglas!  Thank you!!

The injury isn't fake (he apparently has been dealing with it since the week prior to the Pats game) but the severity is probably exaggerated to get him off the field.  He could play through it if they really wanted him to.  

He'll probably end up getting put on IR, handing the next 3 games to PJ Walker and Matt Barkley/James Morgan as a result.

44 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Panthers certainly love collecting ex-Jets.  Darnold, Anderson, Morgan, Trenton Cannon, Juston Burris, Frankie Luvu, Pat Elflein....Why not add Flacco to the list too?

Funny watching the Steelers game last night which they almost lost due to two big passes against some scrub CB…Arthur Maulet.  Our castoffs are ruinous!

23 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The injury isn't fake (he apparently has been dealing with it since the week prior to the Pats game) but the severity is probably exaggerated to get him off the field.  He could play through it if they really wanted him to.  

He'll probably end up getting put on IR, handing the next 3 games to PJ Walker and Matt Barkley/James Morgan as a result.

And people are still buying it.  Unreal.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He's got a broken shoulder blade in his throwing shoulder, they say it happened during the Pats game.

Not something I'd really want my QB playing through.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He gets hurt every year.  There’s no need to fake anything.  Merely exaggerate the severity.

He takes a lot of unnecessary hits because he holds the ball too long trying to extend plays. 

That works if you are built like a tank or are incredibly elusive (or both) - but he isn’t quite a good enough athlete for that playstyle. 

Incidentally, this is one of the things that worries me about Wilson. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

He's got a broken shoulder blade in his throwing shoulder, they say it happened during the Pats game.

Not something I'd really want my QB playing through.

I read that they thought it happened at the same time as the hit that caused his concussion last week. In which case he practiced all week with it and still got the start.

So it either didn't affect him until during the game (maybe after another hit or two), or it did and the coaches still thought he was good to go.