Yes we should have kept Darnold

Dcronin

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

I read that they thought it happened at the same time as the hit that caused his concussion last week. In which case he practiced all week with it and still got the start.

So it either didn't affect him until during the game (maybe after another hit or two), or it did and the coaches still thought he was good to go.

Rhule, the one that got away

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

He's got a broken shoulder blade in his throwing shoulder, they say it happened during the Pats game.

Not something I'd really want my QB playing through.

I don't believe that for a second.    It got broken in Atlanta. 

• Thumb Down 1

10 hours ago, Coffee Is Great said:

Obviously he just needs a better support cast to be elite

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Holy sh*t.  He's like a Luke Falk who keeps getting chances purely based on where he was drafted.  

$19M guaranteed. Unreal.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The injury isn't fake (he apparently has been dealing with it since the week prior to the Pats game) but the severity is probably exaggerated to get him off the field.  He could play through it if they really wanted him to.  

He'll probably end up getting put on IR, handing the next 3 games to PJ Walker and Matt Barkley/James Morgan as a result.

I know when I get a shoulder injury, it doesn't effect my ability to throw the ball, it effects my ability to throw it to my teammates.

• Haha 1

I didn't see if it was mentioned here, but that broken shoulder blade just landed him on IR

Genius move by Rhule or whoever puts players on IR, now they can see if PJ Walker is better without making Darnold look worse than he already is. 

23 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I still like Rhule, but him putting all his chips to the center on Darnold deservedly will end up getting him fired.  Just can’t fail that badly at the most important position on the field and expect to keep your job much longer.

Rhule has made some interesting (bad?) decisions thus far.

Cut Cam before even seeing him in his system, gave Bridgewater a 3 yr $63 mil contract. Traded him 1 yr later for a 6th and still paid his contract then gave up 3 picks for the 32nd rated QB in the NFL.   Passed on Fields, Jones, Trask, Mond etc etc.  Took a CB over  said QB or even an OL to help the newly acquired damaged Darnold with his first pick. 

Kind of hodgepodgy at best. 

We could also add the trades for two more CB's after using his top pick on one this year.  But let's leave that out. 

But the QB thing is really where the pressure should derive from.   

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Cut Cam before even seeing him in his system, gave Bridgewater a 3 yr $63 mil contract. Traded him 1 yr later for a 6th and still paid his contract then gave up 3 picks for the 32nd rated QB in the NFL.   Passed on Fields, Jones, Trask, Mond etc etc.  Took a CB over  said QB or even an OL to help the newly acquired damaged Darnold with his first pick. 

We could also add the trades for two more CB's after using his top pick on one this year.  But let's leave that out. 

Rhule is a fraud. Been saying it since he was rumored to be our guy. Look at his NFL resume before Baylor, non-existent. Charlatan cheap politician. Fake as sh*t. Guy is getting fired at the end of season.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Rhule is a fraud. Been saying it since he was rumored to be our guy. Look at his NFL resume before Baylor, non-existent. Charlatan cheap politician. Fake as sh*t. Guy is getting fired at the end of season.

And what he did before the season by waiting until the last moment to let the Jetsknow about the changing os his players numbers is just a flat out low blow.  Who does that?  Technically legal but its a d*ck move and he is now paying for that stuff.  Heres a graphic I made for one of my vids showing my real feelings toward Rhule. ? 1894934514_ratRhuleTrans.thumb.png.9ab2d9fea3e3cbc805b943264d0eeec0.png?

22 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Trading for Sam... I obviously disagreed with Rhule on that but I can understand the thought process.

Picking up Sam's $19M 5th year guaranteed option? That'll be his downfall.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Lol this thread was started by the pro-Darnold set taking a premature victory lap week 1 this year. Suddenly when Sam becomes Sam again and it's "the haterz" who are obsessed. Hilarious.

And instead of ignoring this thread Peace Frog (one of the Darnold victory lap guys) comes back on a near daily basis to remind people they’re obsessed with Darnold.  Because that’s a sure fire way too ensure the thread dies.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Rhules NFL resume before panthers: 1 year as assistant OL coach with giants 

In his defense that's not why he was considered a good HC candidate. It was because he took 2 fledgling and failing orgs in college and rebuilt them to respectability.  As much as I dislike what he's done in Carolina and to the NYJ week 1, we can't take that from him. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

And instead of ignoring this thread Peace Frog comes back on a near daily basis to remind people they’re obsessed with Darnold.  Because that’s a sure fire way too ensure the thread dies.

*Sam strings together a couple non-tragicomedic performances in a row*

"You were all wrong! Sam is a FQB! HAHAHA!"

*Sam sucks again*

"You guys are beating a dead horse."

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Rhules NFL resume before panthers: 1 year as assistant OL coach with giants 

And yet Teddy Bridgewater and Robby Anderson had easily their best seasons to that point in their careers playing under him and Joe Brady.

Suddenly with Darnold under center they forgot how to coach and Robby forgot how to play WR.  Funny how that works.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And yet Teddy Bridgewater and Robby Anderson had easily their best seasons playing under him and Joe Brady.

Suddenly with Darnold under center they forgot how to coach and Robby forgot how to play WR.  Funny how that works.

Rhule is a good coach. I do believe that. He just started to believe his own hype and that he could rehabilitate the reigning worst starting QB in the NFL.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, jgb said:

Lol this thread was started by the pro-Darnold set taking a premature victory lap week 1 this year. Suddenly when Sam becomes Sam again and it's "the haterz" who are obsessed. Hilarious.

I get the Darnold hate.  He has been awful.  Truly truly bad. 

But the one dude dropping Darnold into what seems like nearly every thread (whether Darnold related or not) and then posting dozens and dozens and dozens of times in said thread is an obsession that I can't wrap my head around.  It's unhealthy.  

It's like Darnold stole his lunch money in 4th grade.  Hate Darnold all you want.  Ding posters for sticking up for a Jet/now ex-Jet some hoped would be the savior all you want.  Take the victory lap (or 1000 of them it seems).  

It's just weird.  

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I get the Darnold hate.  He has been awful.  Truly truly bad. 

But the one dude dropping Darnold into what seems like nearly every thread (whether Darnold related or not) and then posting dozens and dozens and dozens of times in said thread is an obsession that I can't wrap my head around.  It's unhealthy.  

It's like Darnold stole his lunch money in 4th grade.  Hate Darnold all you want.  Ding posters for sticking up for a Jet/now ex-Jet some hoped would be the savior all you want.  Take the victory lap (or 1000 of them it seems).  

It's just weird.  

The war continues until the Darnoids admit he's not mismanaged but just sucks.

We all know if/when Sam has another non-terrible performance his supporters will be immediately re-emboldened.

You have to make sure the movie monster is dead before you can breathe easily.

Again, some would have it so that we can only talk about Sam after good games. Nope. You open the door, you can't control who walks through it.

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

The war continues until the Darnoids admit he's not mismanaged but just sucks.

We all know if/when Sam has another non-terrible performance his supporters will be immediately re-emboldened.

You have to make sure the movie monster is dead before you can breathe easily.

Again, some would have it so that we can only talk about Sam after good games. Nope. You open the door, you can't control who walks through it.

I'm not sure anyone can defend him now.  Not even his most ardent supporters.  I really liked Sam (well, I was hoping he was THE ONE).

But it was 100% the right move to move on from him--player-wise and money-wise. 

Much prefer Zach, I think he's goint to truly be THE ONE but I think there's a solid chance there may be a Zach Bat Signal necessary in the near future.

30 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And yet Teddy Bridgewater and Robby Anderson had easily their best seasons to that point in their careers playing under him and Joe Brady.

I don't think Rhule forgot how to coach, I just think he was always overvalued.

For all the hooplah he got last year, at the end of the day, he was 5-11 and is now 9-16 overall, as an NFL HC. And he has followed up his overvalued 5-11 campaign by making the fateful decision to trade legit draft capital for Sam Darnold, and worse, pick up his 5th year option before seeing how he played this year - A truly terrible decision. The Panthers now owe one of the worst QBs in the league 18.9 million next year, LMAO. 

Matt Rhule the coach is just overrated, but Matt Rhule the GM (remember, he has full control down there) is going go get himself fired. 

14 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I'm not sure anyone can defend him now.  Not even his most ardent supporters.  I really liked Sam (well, I was hoping he was THE ONE).

But it was 100% the right move to move on from him--player-wise and money-wise. 

Much prefer Zach, I think he's goint to truly be THE ONE but I think there's a solid chance there may be a Zach Bat Signal necessary in the near future.

I envy those who can so easily go from guy to guy and believe they are the one.

I'm firmly in "prove it mode" with this team.

45 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

They won 5 games despite that amazing QB and WR play. Funny how that works. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

image.jpeg.a37ea07cccf56310244275d887ac1d24.jpeg

• Haha 2