Yes we should have kept Darnold

Dcronin

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

It's all about hope.  I feel like if I can will someone to be great, they will be.

Has not worked out well for me.  

The magical thinking of fandom has not been good for anyone else. Which is why I murdered it and buried it in the backyard long ago.

1 hour ago, dcJet said:

I hope this puts an end to the incorrect "The Jets ruined him" takes around here.  

Sam ruined the Jets and multiple coaches.  Not the other way around.

Sam stunk as an NFL QB but let's not go full-blown crazy here.

Adam Gase was never ruined by Sam because it was NEVER POSSIBLE TO RUIN HIM ANY MORE THAN HE RUINED HIMSELF!!  

I mean....It's Adam F*cking Gase.   Come on now!  🤣

And Todd "Toilet" Bowles?  He's currently a DC again because he failed as a HC even before Sam Darnold arrived. 

In fact, Sam's arrival was during Todd's Lame-Duck-season where he was gone no matter what.

And The Jets as a Whole?   RUINED?    We've been ruined since 1969.   Thanks, Joe.  😕

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

I get the Darnold hate.  He has been awful.  Truly truly bad. 

But the one dude dropping Darnold into what seems like nearly every thread (whether Darnold related or not) and then posting dozens and dozens and dozens of times in said thread is an obsession that I can't wrap my head around.  It's unhealthy.  

It's like Darnold stole his lunch money in 4th grade.  Hate Darnold all you want.  Ding posters for sticking up for a Jet/now ex-Jet some hoped would be the savior all you want.  Take the victory lap (or 1000 of them it seems).  

It's just weird.  

I know I'm not the one you're talking about here, but for 4years I was cursed at, called names, etc. on this website for daring to have the opinion that the player who is playing bad is in fact bad.  So, I'm not going to be compelled to stop laughing at those people, many of whom downvote (meh) or call me names now, for taking the radical stance that the current QB is bad at present, though not necessarily bad forever.  So, yeah, for a little while at least, I'm going to keep mocking the dumb ones.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

I know I'm not the one you're talking about here, but for 4years I was cursed at, called names, etc. on this website for daring to have the opinion that the player who is playing bad is in fact bad.  So, I'm not going to be compelled to stop laughing at those people, many of whom downvote (meh) or call me names now, for taking the radical stance that the current QB is bad at present, though not necessarily bad forever.  So, yeah, for a little while at least, I'm going to keep mocking the dumb ones.

I've never cursed at anyone for their opinion on a player--good or bad.  We're all just guessing.

I don't down vote, up vote, side vote, love vote, post of the day vote, buttfumble vote, etc. It's not my thing. 

And mock all you want--that's what these boards are for.  

But that one dude's obsession is unhealthy.  Just looking out for a fellow Jet fan.  

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

I've never cursed at anyone for their opinion on a player--good or bad.  We're all just guessing.

I don't down vote, up vote, side vote, love vote, post of the day vote, buttfumble vote, etc. It's not my thing. 

But that one dude's obsession is unhealthy.  Just looking out for a fellow Jet fan.  

I'm not saying you were one of them.  I'm saying that dunking on loud dickheads who were aggressively wrong is fun, and will continue to happen until it stops being fun.

At the same time, that last line is hollow.  You're looking to embarrass him.  If you were actually concerned about his wellbeing, you'd message him directly, and not post repeatedly that he has a problem.  You don't shame someone into wellness.  No judgment - Making fun of @Jetsfan80 is something we can all enjoy.  But at least spare us the self-righteousness.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, ZachEY said:

I'm not saying you were one of them.  I'm saying that dunking on loud dickheads who were aggressively wrong is fun, and will continue to happen until it stops being fun.

At the same time, that last line is hollow.  You're looking to embarrass him.  If you were actually concerned about his wellbeing, you'd message him directly, and not post repeatedly that he has a problem.  You don't shame someone into wellness.  No judgment - Making fun of @Jetsfan80 is something we can all enjoy.  But at least spare us the self-righteousness.

He's a coward who never actually mentions me by name.  If you wanted to throw me an intervention, I'd listen. ❤️

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Yeah, not being self-righteous, I just tend not to like interacting with folks I find a little off.

I did for a while on another board with DWC and it wasn't very healthy.  

3 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I get the Darnold hate.  He has been awful.  Truly truly bad. 

But the one dude dropping Darnold into what seems like nearly every thread (whether Darnold related or not) and then posting dozens and dozens and dozens of times in said thread is an obsession that I can't wrap my head around.  It's unhealthy.  

It's like Darnold stole his lunch money in 4th grade.  Hate Darnold all you want.  Ding posters for sticking up for a Jet/now ex-Jet some hoped would be the savior all you want.  Take the victory lap (or 1000 of them it seems).  

It's just weird.  

you could be easily talking about me too. i hit Sam every chance i get.

but let me explain...

we all argued about whether to keep him or not. there were some long and sometimes heated debates. when Sam got trade some of these Sam fans as i like to call them started saying stupid sh*t. they sounded more like Sam Darnold fans then Jet fans.

now i dont know if you remember when the season started all the Sam threads when he beat us and then every week for a least 4 weeks when he started 3-1. guys like me and im sure @Jetsfan80 where getting called out cause we were some of the loudest voices in trading Sam. we argue with just about every Sam Fan.

so the whole Sam Darnold thing got personal. and it is fun to make fun of him. the Jets got something right. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, doitny said:

we all argued about whether to keep him or not. there were some long and sometimes heated debates. when Sam got trade some of these Sam fans as i like to call them started saying stupid sh*t. they sounded more like Sam Darnold fans then Jet fans.

I too wanted to trade Sam.  It was the right move.  I just didn't get the Sam hate.  I don't root against ex-Jet's that I feel gave it their best.  I'm very happy for the picks, can't wait for the 2 and 4 this year and now it'll be fun to root against the Panthers.

37 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Yeah, not being self-righteous, I just tend not to like interacting with folks I find a little off.

I did for a while on another board with DWC and it wasn't very healthy.  

That's fine and good, and I don't blame you.  "Just looking out for a fellow jets fan" is, however, not what you're doing.  That's all I'm saying.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I too wanted to trade Sam.  It was the right move.  I just didn't get the Sam hate.  I don't root against ex-Jet's that I feel gave it their best.  I'm very happy for the picks, can't wait for the 2 and 4 this year and now it'll be fun to root against the Panthers.

ahhh. that explain its. you like Sam. thats why your getting so mad. ok np.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, jackhuntr said:

FB_IMG_1636652658223.jpg

clearly Sam is just a couple wowiopoinz away from secret greatness

13 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Except we weren’t guessing. Sam has established a record of league-worst play in the NFL.

Yet the Darnoids ignored reality and still clung to their magical thinking to try to will Sam into greatness. All the while being outrageously nasty to people who disagreed.

That’s true obsession.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Sam ain't dead yet ...

YARN | He's close, man. | Apocalypse Now | Video gifs by quotes | b6d3898d  | 紗

He certainly seems done for the Panthers. With QBs with 160 or more throws, Darnold over the last five games has been the worst QB of the decade. That is some next level suck right there. I saw most that stretch and he does really look as bad as his stats suggest.

Carolina fans seem to think they are getting a young Cam back not the recent Cam who has sucked for like 6 years,

• Upvote 2

On 11/11/2021 at 3:19 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

I give Darnold credit.  I thought he would be benched before week 4.  He did much better then i expected in Carolina.

Hey...you should be happy for him.

He's going to get 18 million of guaranteed money next season to do NOTHING but hold onto a clipboard and watch Cam Newton play. 

Great job to have if you can get it.  LOL

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Vin said:

Hey...you should be happy for him.

He's going to get 18 million of guaranteed money next season to do NOTHING but hold onto a clipboard and watch Cam Newton play. 

Great job to have if you can get it.  LOL

I would think he is going to Osweiler route where they will trade him to a team and send them draft picks too.  U have to be a special kind of suck to get the osweiller treatment.