Yes we should have kept Darnold

Dcronin

16 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

He was done here but not because he isn’t a good quarterback. When you haven’t been to a Super Bowl in 50 years it’s a lot bigger than just bad quarterback play. We have terrible ownership who hire terrible GMs s and coaches who can’t draft for sh*t, can’t coach players up and can’t scheme to strengths. Same sh*t!! Meanwhile you watch other teams rebuild in a year or two. sh*t organization Always has been always will be. But I’ll still ruin every Sunday watching this junk. ?

I played shltty golf today…..

• Haha 1

I personally was on the keep Sam, trade down, and build the team around him.  Hell, no one on here can say he ever had a good team or coaching around him.  We traded him, ok, move on.

I personally was quietly hoping we would go the direction of Mac Jones in the draft.  I like what I saw from him, and he may have a pretty good career.

However, I am excited with Zach Wilson.  He is having a horrendous day, and his decision making is horrible.  There is no way you can say anything but, he looks like sh*t today.  Same as Trevor Lawrence today?  or Joe Burrows and his 3 picks?  

44 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Moving on from Darnold was 100% the correct decision.

Time will tell if Zach was the correct replacement, but moving on was the right idea for the Jets and for Darnold.

That's why there is never any urgency from ownership or any of the past and current GM to build a winning team because of fans like you who keep on talking about winning in the distant future instead of winning now.

3 minutes ago, STLuLu said:

That's why there is never any urgency from ownership or any of the past and current GM to build a winning team because of fans like you who keep on talking about winning in the distant future instead of winning now.

Ah, so the Jets' futility is all my fault. Got it.

8 minutes ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

This game isn't on the qb its on Joe Douglas/Woody? LMAO! 

Absolutely.   We have no real players.  You want to laugh? You probably have a Chad Pennington poster on the wall.   We haven’t had one top QB since Woody arrived.  Zach isn’t playing well but this is deeper than one player.  Drink the Kool aid my friend.  We are. 2 and 14 team last year when Zach was in college.  

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Absolutely.   We have no real players.  You want to laugh? You probably have a Chad Pennington poster on the wall.   We haven’t had one top QB since Woody arrived.  Zach isn’t playing well but this is deeper than one player.  Drink the Kool aid my friend.  We are. 2 and 14 team last year when Zach was in college.  

I don’t agree with all of that.  I’m a Wilson believer still but today was on him. The online protected him for the most part and Douglas signed Davis and drafted Moore and carter for him. He was overthrowing and under throwing open guys all day and 4 picks

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, genot said:

Gase was fired. That happened.  Competent  receivers we're signed. That happened He doesn't look like a broken QB to me. Maybe you.

He's not broken. He just needed a change of scenery, which he got. It was the right move for both Darnold and the Jets, who needed to re-set the QB clock.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mrcoops said:

He's not broken. He just needed a change of scenery, which he got. It was the right move for both Darnold and the Jets, who needed to re-set the QB clock.

We changed coaching staffs. Going from Gase and Loggins to Saleh and Lafleur is almost a change of scenery.  Not to mention the offensive line he might have played behind.

1 minute ago, mrcoops said:

Bingo.  Honestly I think Sam was very thankful about going which is understandable given the lack of coaching or support he got.  But for the Jets we needed to restart the rookie clock.  Yes Wilson was brutal today no question about it. However he showed a lot of good things last week in the second half.  It’s going to take some time. This was a bump in the road but writing off the kid after a bad game in his second start is silly 

• Upvote 1

I said that before they drafted Zach wilson but it's to late so no sense crying over it. I said anything that's not Trevor Lawrence was not better then Darnold wasn't worth taking in the first round. Zach wilson was never a good QB in college struggled his first year almost lost the starting job did good against inferior talent during covid. Until end of last season wasn't considered more than 4th round pick but leave it to the Jets to screw everything up Darnold had no line no weapons was drafted at 20 years old Jets set him up to fail then give Zach everything Darnold never had. I do not believe Zach was ever going to be more then a career backup still believe it but will have to wait until next year to be proven right.

• Upvote 1