Yes we should have kept Darnold

Dcronin

10 minutes ago, genot said:

Gase was fired. That happened.  Competent  receivers we're signed. That happened He doesn't look like a broken QB to me. Maybe you.

That’s all true but I think he just needed a change of scenery. After 3 years of the worst coaching and supporting cast in the nfl I think it takes a toll mentally.  

5 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

It’s weird that one dude hasn’t shown up in this thread. 

Maybe he’s waiting for Sam to blow up next week. 

Oh then we’ll all hear the same illogical vitriol. 

Those folks are going to be waiting for a minute...

We will see how good Sam can be with the Panthers in week 4 or 5, because he is still playing scared to me, let's see if he can get the Gase stench off him and then we will see...

LOL - how did Sam deal the first time he played BB? He saw Ghosts. If Sam was on the Jets today, he may not throw 4 ints, but not sure if he throws bombs against the Pats secondary. Put Sam on the Jets without the Carolina line, running game, or receivers and his is struggling.

Young team, first time HC, first time OC, rookie QB with a weak line - what did everyone really expect?

Just now, Charlie Brown said:

Those folks are going to be waiting for a minute...

We will see how good Sam can be with the Panthers in week 4 or 5, because he is still playing scared to me, let's see if he can get the Gase stench off him and then we will see...

I mean other than the two mistakes he made last week and today he has looked pretty good and confident.  Saints have a pretty good d too and overall he looked pretty good 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

LOL - how did Sam deal the first time he played BB? He saw Ghosts. If Sam was on the Jets today, he may not throw 4 ints, but not sure if he throws bombs against the Pats secondary. Put Sam on the Jets without the Carolina line, running game, or receivers and his is struggling.

Young team, first time HC, first time OC, rookie QB with a weak line - what did everyone really expect?

But isn’t that the case with most QBs?  I know some don’t want to hear this but if you put Mahomes with this roster he is nothing close to the Mahomes we see today it’s just a fact. You need good talent and coaching to excel 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

But isn’t that the case with most QBs?  I know some don’t want to hear this but if you put Mahomes with this roster he is nothing close to the Mahomes we see today it’s just a fact. You need good talent and coaching to excel 

Yes - this is my point - other than getting a boat load of players (which i would have preferred and then drafted QB) this team isn't that good yet. Trading down and getting Mac Jones would have the same result. Mac Jones doesn't have to do much - other the 4 INTs, Zack threw for as much and about same stats.

Sam would have sucked too. Sam is excelling as he is on a team that has more pieces in place. Imagine if he was here learning a new offense based on a new OC, no line, no running game, and limited receivers. It isn't Sam or Zack - it is a team effort.

• Upvote 2

I was on the keep Sam and trade down train, but after JD traded Sam for minimal value (he waited until after Zach's pro-day), I support Zach all he way. I understand he's a rookie but he missed a lot of easy open throws not to mention the INT's. And I was looking for all the 'new age' off-schedule plays, did I miss them?

Trading Sam will prove to be JD's biggest mistake and the one that will set back the franchise another 3 years.

• Upvote 2

Just now, bostonmajet said:

Yes - this is my point - other than getting a boat load of players (which i would have preferred and then drafted QB) this team isn't that good yet. Trading down and getting Mac Jones would have the same result. Mac Jones doesn't have to do much - other the 4 INTs, Zack threw for as much and about same stats.

Sam would have sucked too. Sam is excelling as he is on a team that has more pieces in place. Imagine if he was here learning a new offense based on a new OC, no line, no running game, and limited receivers. It isn't Sam or Zack - it is a team effort.

Absolutely.  I was saying that last year Too.  Like I mentioned before I think moving on was the best move for both sides.  Sam looks rejuvenated and while today was awful for us I do think it will get better with more experience and we get some guys back like Crowder and hopefully Mims 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I mean other than the two mistakes he made last week and today he has looked pretty good and confident.  Saints have a pretty good d too and overall he looked pretty good 

What were his stats again?  All we needed was a solid game managing qb, and build a team. Watch and see how Carolina does it.

1 minute ago, Big_Slick said:

I was on the keep Sam and trade down train, but after JD traded Sam for minimal value (he waited until after Zach's pro-day), I support Zach all he way. I understand he's a rookie but he missed a lot of easy open throws not to mention the INT's. And I was looking for all the 'new age' off-schedule plays, did I miss them?

Trading Sam will prove to be JD's biggest mistake and the one that will set back the franchise another 3 years.

I’m down on Joe too and this won’t make Joe’s top ten list of mistakes 

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I think that Darnold is going to be very very very good when all is said and done. 

Now, I don't say it often because the narrative is so strong that Darnold just sucked and that he was magically holding back future lacrosse players and Adam Gase from greatness!

What I do know is his stat line in both games showed a bad INT but it also shows that he has been pushing the ball down the field with accuracy and I am sure that he was more confident this week than last and that will continue.  Look the Panthers won, Sam threw for 305 Yards had 2 TD and 1 INT.......

That Is not a bad stat line at the end of the day....

Just now, Charlie Brown said:

I think that Darnold is going to be very very very good when all is said and done. 

Now, I don't say it often because the narrative is so strong that Darnold just sucked and that he was magically holding back future lacrosse players and Adam Gase from greatness!

What I do know is his stat line in both games showed a bad INT but it also shows that he has been pushing the ball down the field with accuracy and I am sure that he was more confident this week than last and that will continue.  Look the Panthers won, Sam threw for 305 Yards had 2 TD and 1 INT.......

Look I’ve always been very honest when it comes to Sam. I always was a fan and wanted to draft him.  I’ve been honest about his flaws and things he needed to fix. However when you have Todd Bowles and Adam Gase as your coaches I’m sorry you have no chance to succeed.  Add onto that having the worst collection of talent around you in the league you have no chance.  Is Sam ever going to be a big time Franchise QB?  In all honesty probably not.  However that doesn’t mean he can’t be a real good QB like you said.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Smfh any QB can look good playing with a generational RB who can literally do it all. Check down passes, take a few shots not impressive at all. I will turn my judgment on darnold around when I see the #3 overall pick win games consistently with his arm. 

Until then darnold is nothing more than a game manager, still a bust being he was chosen #3 in a nfl draft littered with all-pro players 

10 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Okay let’s get this right , we should’ve gave darnold a 4th year hoping he turns it around but now after a terrible game burn the rook? 

come on I know we’re jet fans but this is low even for us 

Nope. Move on from Sam and Zach will be the better QB. 

This is about the dudes who think Sam isn’t an NFL starting QB. 

Pathetic. He’s a good QB that was mismanaged here. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Smfh any QB can look good playing with a generational RB who can literally do it all. Check down passes, take a few shots not impressive at all. I will turn my judgment on darnold around when I see the #3 overall pick win games consistently with his arm. 

Until then darnold is nothing more than a game manager, still a bust being he was chosen #3 in a nfl draft littered with all-pro players 

That’s not fair.  Mahomes plays with double the amount of big time talent.  All QBs needs big time playmakers to succeed 

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I’m down on Joe too and this won’t make Joe’s top ten list of mistakes 

Get off that weight loss program. If we kept Sam we would have had Sewell and Creed Humphrey, and had a bunch more picks to play with. McGovern would be back at RG. Becton would have been moved to RT. If Darnold continues to impress at the age of 24 behind an average at best o-line. Getting rid of Darnold might be the worst mistake any GM has made in a long time

No, he needed to be traded. It just shows that unless your name is Brady, Brees, Mahomes, Rodgers, Roethlisberger etc… you cannot win while fielding a team completely devoid of talent. It certainly doesn’t help when your last half decade of draft picks aren’t on the team, or borderline replacement level. Zach has the talent, but will fail and fail miserably if they don’t surround him with an actual team. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Nope. Move on from Sam and Zach will be the better QB. 

This is about the dudes who think Sam isn’t an NFL starting QB. 

Pathetic. He’s a good QB that was mismanaged here. 

Because we are so close? This is bad logic. He was and is good enough, we should shoot for the playoffs before the SB.

Just now, BroadwayJoe12 said:

No, he needed to be traded. It just shows that unless your name is Brady, Brees, Mahomes, Rodgers, Roethlisberger etc… you cannot win while fielding a team completely devoid of talent. It certainly doesn’t help when your last half decade of draft picks aren’t on the team, or borderline replacement level. Zach has the talent, but will fail and fail miserably if they don’t surround him with an actual team. 

To be fair we can’t say that about Mahomes since he has always played with monster talent around him.  But the others I can agree with even though I dislike them personally 

14 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

I said this when Sam was here and I will say it now for Wilson, very few players can turn average Joes in HOF players and  Darnold aint one of them!!

However, the idea that Darnols has to play GREAT with or for Gase or Lacrosse players before he can be evaluated as improving is silly to me. 

Every team in the NFL has great players and saying Dranold won't be good if he doesn't have great players isn't the answer because  winning requires quality players out there....

• Post of the Week 1