Yes we should have kept Darnold

I still stand by the fact that Darnold should have been gone. Even if Wilson was the wrong guy to replace him with. 

Much easier to look competent with one of the best weapons in Football Christian McCaffery along with Robbie, and DJ Moore....

Their Defense looks to be legit as well

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Zach Wilson is a bust and a half     Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Moving on from Darnold was 100% the correct decision. Time will tell if Zach was the correct replacement, but moving on was the right idea for the Jets and for Darnold.

I don't know about keeping darnold but the Jets 100% should have gone out and got a starter calibre vet like a Dalton or Mariota or such , they had the cap space they should not have done the often re

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, genot said:

Get off that weight loss program. If we kept Sam we would have had Sewell and Creed Humphrey, and had a bunch more picks to play with. McGovern would be back at RG. Becton would have been moved to RT. If Darnold continues to impress at the age of 24 behind an average at best o-line. Getting rid of Darnold might be the worst mistake any GM has made in a long time

He’s off to a good start. That’s all this is. Just don’t buy it. We’ll see. 

• Upvote 1

Wait till Sam plays a real defense like New Orleans! He sucks!!

Oh wait, he’s got CMC and Moore!

He still sucks!

Wait till he plays the 2000Ravens defense or the 1985 Bears defense!

He’d SUCK against them!

Come on, where is the lunch money hater dude? 

• Haha 1

Joe sucks simple as that

the sam haters are going to be in for a VERY long year as he looks fantastic like I knew he would with weapons 

joe is just like mac and izadick before him 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Absolutely.   We have no real players.  You want to laugh? You probably have a Chad Pennington poster on the wall.   We haven’t had one top QB since Woody arrived.  Zach isn’t playing well but this is deeper than one player.  Drink the Kool aid my friend.  We are. 2 and 14 team last year when Zach was in college.  

Technically, we haven't had a top QB since Leon Hess arrived. 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Wait till Sam plays a real defense like New Orleans! He sucks!!

Oh wait, he’s got CMC and Moore!

He still sucks!

Wait till he plays the 2000Ravens defense or the 1985 Bears defense!

He’d SUCK against them!

Come on, where is the lunch money hater dude? 

1772267470_tenor(3).gif.4a43b643efffb2853b042b5c1da6dd75.gif

20 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

That’s not fair.  Mahomes plays with double the amount of big time talent.  All QBs needs big time playmakers to succeed 

And Mahomes consistently leads the league in big time plays. So I don’t get the point 

1 minute ago, genot said:

He's staying in the pocket more. Getting rid of the ball quicker. Making good decisions,  especially  on 3rd down. A different  QB. You know I've been saying this for months. Adam Gase totally fuc... up his development.  

See how he does moving forward 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

And Mahomes consistently leads the league in big time plays. So I don’t get the point 

You put Mahomes on the Jets and he isn’t even close to being the same player it’s just a fact

• Post of the Week 2

It’s his second game WTF. This is why QB don’t succeed here, getting booed by fans,  douche bag trolls ripping him on social media. Jets fans are unbearable like ******* brats who don’t get there way. We should of done this,  we should of done that, holy sh*t. This is not an easy transition with the sh*t team around him the first year of a 2-11 team. 

• Sad 1
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Nope. Move on from Sam and Zach will be the better QB. 

This is about the dudes who think Sam isn’t an NFL starting QB. 

Pathetic. He’s a good QB that was mismanaged here. 

No what’s pathetic is praising darnold for literally being carried by the nfls best RB for 2 games like he’s arrived. He was the third overall pick expected to be wayyy more than the game manager that he is now. 

comparing a more talented rookie to a 4th year veteran game manager Qb is comical 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

You put Mahomes on the Jets and he isn’t even close to being the same player it’s just a fact

That’s speculation, maybe you should google the definition of fact 

12 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Joe sucks simple as that

the sam haters are going to be in for a VERY long year as he looks fantastic like I knew he would with weapons 

joe is just like mac and izadick before him 

JD is possibly worse than our previous 2 clowns

24 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

I still stand by the fact that Darnold should have been gone. Even if Wilson was the wrong guy to replace him with. 

Much easier to look competent with one of the best weapons in Football Christian McCaffery along with Robbie, and DJ Moore....

Their Defense looks to be legit as well

Look I wanted to move on as well but I don’t know why some keep saying “McCaffrey is carrying him”.  All  QBs need big talent around them to succeed.  So far Sam has played well.  He has made a couple mistakes but has looked much more confident and comfortable.  I still felt a trade was best for both sides.  

• Upvote 3
3 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

No what’s pathetic is praising darnold for literally being carried by the nfls best RB for 2 games like he’s arrived. He was the third overall pick expected to be wayyy more than the game manager that he is now. 

comparing a more talented rookie to a 4th year veteran game manager Qb is comical 

Zach is more talented based on what?  Highlights facing the Dubuque State secondary?

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Sam haters are Hilarious.  Give the kid his due😂

They’ve literally had every paradigm they had about the qb position shattered in the last 2 weeks.  Sam is the worst.  Chris Simms is infallible.  Zach is the next Aaron Rodgers

wait til the Broncos D with Miller and Chubb get a hold of Zach

• Post of the Week 2
1 minute ago, DetroitRed said:

Sam haters are Hilarious.  Give the kid his due😂

Darnold is nothing special.  He's a decent QB and does nothing really well. Just an average joe smo.  He doesnt make players around him better.  If anything, he's being managed properly by Panthers coaching staff and turning him into Trent Dilfer. 

3 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Please stop cmc did not carry Sam today Sam played great vs a defense that just shut down arod and adams 

24 rush 72 yards and a Touchdown 

5 Rec for 55 yards

and a spy and full box anytime he’s on the field but yes He DIdnT Do NoThING IT WaZ DARNOLD 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Maynard13 said:

Darnold is nothing special.  He's a decent QB and does nothing really well. Just an average joe smo.  He doesnt make players around him better.  If anything, he's being managed properly by Panthers coaching staff and turning him into Trent Dilfer. 

Nobody called him special.  He simply said certain people aren’t giving the kid any credit after saying he sucks for the past few months 

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

5 Rec for 55 yards

and a spy and full box anytime he’s on the field but yes He DIdnT Do NoThING IT WaZ DARNOLD 

You act like no other QB have big time talent around them.  I mean there are more teams that have double the amount of offensive firepower than the Panthers have 

• Upvote 2

I've always thought that Darnold could play at a competent level in the league, but make no mistake, Joe Brady will be a Head Coach next year. He is miles ahead of Lafleur it seems, which is a real shame. 

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Nobody called him special.  He simply said certain people aren’t giving the kid any credit after saying he sucks for the past few months 

Credit? LOL  Thats some funny sh*t right there. We have alll seen how Darnold just sucks the life out of hope. It will be no different with Panthers.  He is not the type to carry a team and the Panthers are decent, but not elite overall.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

You act like no other QB have big time talent around them.  I mean there are more teams that have double the amount of offensive firepower than the Panthers have 

This comment is completely moving the goalposts and has nothing to do with my point

• Sad 1

If Wilson has a good game next week, all of you whiney babies will be receiving a lollipop from Zach Wilson. First season for every rookie QB has their ups and downs so calm down and lets see when Wilson can turn things around and improve. At the end of the day, at least we saw our defense step up and tried to keep us in the game. Wilson is the blame for the loss no doubt about it.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

5 Rec for 55 yards

McCafferty is SPECIAL.  That kid is amazing. 

• Like 1