Yes we should have kept Darnold

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Zach Wilson is a bust and a half     Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Moving on from Darnold was 100% the correct decision. Time will tell if Zach was the correct replacement, but moving on was the right idea for the Jets and for Darnold.

I don't know about keeping darnold but the Jets 100% should have gone out and got a starter calibre vet like a Dalton or Mariota or such , they had the cap space they should not have done the often re

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Darnold is nothing special.  He's a decent QB and does nothing really well. Just an average joe smo.  He doesnt make players around him better.  If anything, he's being managed properly by Panthers coaching staff and turning him into Trent Dilfer. 

Can you at least admit we have advanced to the worst QB in the entire NFL to nothing special?

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Are you looking to get your azz banned in here? Is this DWC? Or his cousin?

Just another goof. Like little kids. It’s hard to have rational discussions  without  some poster who just signed up spewing inflammatory nonsense to anger Jets fans,  ooooh. Apparently they don’t know we are angry as it is, and have been for some time. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Jet25 said:

If Wilson has a good game next week, all of you whiney babies will be receiving a lollipop from Zach Wilson. First season for every rookie QB has their ups and downs so calm down and lets see when Wilson can turn things around and improve. At the end of the day, at least we saw our defense step up and tried to keep us in the game. Wilson is the blame for the loss no doubt about it.

If he struggles next week he should be excused he’s a rookie. Based on this thread we can see there are fans who think a QB that has given us this same level of play for 3 seasons deserved a 4th even on a expiring contract. 

The rook has his first true bad game and  he’s a bust now, is the idea here I guess(after 2 games)  but these same people were willing to give the last bum another season after 3 consecutive terrible ones. 

Truly amazing stuff Jet fans

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Jet25 said:

If Wilson has a good game next week, all of you whiney babies will be receiving a lollipop from Zach Wilson. First season for every rookie QB has their ups and downs so calm down and lets see when Wilson can turn things around and improve. At the end of the day, at least we saw our defense step up and tried to keep us in the game. Wilson is the blame for the loss no doubt about it.

Peyton Manning was so bad in his rookie year it was alarming.  We are talking about Peyton Manning. While the offense was putrid, the defense did a nice job containing Scrub azz Mac Jones and his laser 3 yard passes. They were on the field ALOT. And we are missing our starting SS and top edge guy and starting multiple rookies.  It's a learning curve, no doubt. But LaFleur needs to wake up and Keep It Simple.  Look what Belicheat did with Jones in his first 2 games. he didnt allow him to throw the ball around like this and when Jones does throw, they are short, safe passes. He is playing not to win but rather playing not to lose the game.  This is smart since Jones just doesnt have the skillset like a Fields, Wilson or Lawrence. He is the ultime game manager.  If they allow Wilson to play with this no holds gunslinger mentality, the learning curve will just be that much longer.

• Thumb Down 2
2 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Peyton Manning was so bad in his rookie year it was alarming.  We are talking about Peyton Manning. While the offense was putrid, the defense did a nice job containing Scrub azz Mac Jones and his laser 3 yard passes. They were on the field ALOT. And we are missing our starting SS and top edge guy and starting multiple rookies.  It's a learning curve, no doubt. But LaFleur needs to wake up and Keep It Simple.  Look what Belicheat did with Jones in his first 2 games. he didnt allow him to throw the ball around like this and when Jones does throw, they are short, safe passes. He is playing not to win but rather playing not to lose the game.  This is smart since Jones just doesnt have the skillset like a Fields, Wilson or Lawrence. He is the ultime game manager.  If they allow Wilson to play with this no holds gunslinger mentality, the learning curve will just be that much longer.

I agree and it seemed LaFleur called too many plays trying to get a big play going that was never there

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
1 minute ago, FactsOnly said:

This guy had 9 TDS 11 picks and 4 fumbles last year

IN YEAR 3

BUM

And which skill positions guys that he played with are currently starting?  Name them all. I’ll wait ( change subject )

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
1 minute ago, DetroitRed said:

And which skill positions guys that he played with are currently starting?  Name them all. I’ll wait ( change subject )

Isn't Chris Hogan playing for a lacrosse team? 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
2 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

How does that matter? He wasn’t even .500 in turnover ratio as 3rd year pro lmfao

If he was any good he would elevate the players around him, not need an all star team 

Somehow 80 year old Joe Flacco went 6/3 with those same weapons

You do the math

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1
27 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Darnold is nothing special.  He's a decent QB and does nothing really well. Just an average joe smo.  He doesnt make players around him better.  If anything, he's being managed properly by Panthers coaching staff and turning him into Trent Dilfer. 

Wish we had an average qb today...Pathetic. Another boom or bust guy. We have busted for 50+ years.

2 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

How does that matter? He wasn’t even .500 in turnover ratio as 3rd year pro lmfao

If he was any good he would elevate the players around him, not need an all star team 

You do the math

Change subject 

• Thumb Down 1
1 minute ago, FactsOnly said:

It’s the same subject Kid, can you read?

Imagine praising a 9/15 turnover ratio in year 3

Oh yes, Flacco is the subject, who can’t manage to find a staring job. I apologize 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, DetroitRed said:

Oh yes, Flacco is the subject, who can’t manage to find a staring job. I apologize 

You cant be serious

You’re just making the point even more lmfao, here I’ll highlight the topic since you keep getting lost

A bum Flacco who cant even find an NFL roster did better with the same Weapons a bum Sam did

Are you getting it yet?

21 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

This guy had 9 TDS 11 picks and 4 fumbles last year

IN YEAR 3

BUM

305 yards, 2 TDs and 1 Int. ..... ZW had 4 Its today. He was awful. It certainly looks like the JETs made a huge mistake at GM.

20 minutes ago, Jet25 said:

I agree and it seemed LaFleur called too many plays trying to get a big play going that was never there

Last week in the press conference that guy couldn't stop smiling and almost laughing. I truly hope he changes his demeanor.

I supported Sam as much as anyone here, but there is no doubt in my mind that Zach Wilson is MILES better.

MILES 

This is going to be memorable thread when we look back in three years and Zack is lighting up the league.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I supported Sam as much as anyone here, but there is no doubt in my mind that Zach Wilson is MILES better.

MILES 

This is going to be memorable thread when we look back in three years and Zack is lighting up the league.

I am with you on both counts.  But, Sam is going to shut many people up.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
8 minutes ago, usapaw said:

305 yards, 2 TDs and 1 Int. ..... ZW had 4 Its today. He was awful. It certainly looks like the JETs made a huge mistake at GM.

Great numbers? Those are almost identical to ZW first game ever as a pro

you guys need to do better man😂

• Like 1

i think Josh Allen is probably the best parallel for Wilson. Both very physically talented, and both needed to learn that in the NFL you have to execute things, take what you can get and not try and play hero ball. here is Josh Allens rookie year. I will be more concerned if Wilson is not far better in the second half of the season. And even if he isnt, next season is going to be when the big turn happens, if it ever does. everyone needs to calm down.

image.thumb.png.96ce15907104ba51a232120b3134f0c3.png

3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

There is no we and nobody here plays any part in these ******* decisions. 

I'm guessing you was all for getting rid of Darnold because nobody was saying this on draft day.

3 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

i think Josh Allen is probably the best parallel for Wilson. Both very physically talented, and both needed to learn that in the NFL you have to execute things, take what you can get and not try and play hero ball. here is Josh Allens rookie year. I will be more concerned if Wilson is not far better in the second half of the season. And even if he isnt, next season is going to be when the big turn happens, if it ever does. everyone needs to calm down.

These guys are clueless 

ZW and Trevor Lawrence have the same number of picks this year 

33 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

You do the math

Jets were 0-10 in games Darnold didn't start.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Can I ask which site that chart is from.

Thanks