Yes we should have kept Darnold

Dcronin

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

This is shocking..  if only anyone could have foreseen this.

Lmaooo 

You Darnold fans are comical he beat up on a Saints team missing it’s 2 starting CB’s and literally half of its coaching staff. 

But let you people tell it Darnold has arrived after 2 games and the 3 seasons of terribleness completely wiped out. 

Smfh comical s**** I tell you

???????

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

We absolutely shouldn't have "kept Sam" in the sense that picking up his 5th year option was crazy.

But Wilson's performance this far absolutely lends credence to the idea that we should have traded down for the haul the 9ers gave up and continued to just build this thing with a vet journeyman, waiting on the QB until there was a good team for him to slot into.

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, Pac said:

This is shocking..  if only anyone could have foreseen this.

You Darnold Lovers Burn me..

You guys act like having Quality Coaching, a Good not Great OL, and Good Skill Position players actually makes a difference!!!

SMILES .... :)

Let's Go Jets!

And that includes Zach Wilson!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

You Darnold Lovers Burn me..

You guys act like having Quality Coaching, a Good not Great OL, and Good Skill Position players actually makes a difference!!!

SMILES .... :)

Let's Go Jets!

And that includes Zach Wilson!

Serious question, which NFL QB couldn’t do what Darnold is doing in Carolina? 

• Upvote 4

On 9/19/2021 at 2:53 PM, chirorob said:

Some of us suggested the "keep sam and do the big trade down" route.

Had we done that and perhaps the Niners end of with Wilson we know he would be great there. No, we just need to properly groom Zack as the rest of the team can hold its own. Even the WRs will be fine once Zack understands to more often take what the defense gives him and not throw too many risky passes to receivers that are bracket with defenders in front and behind and in many cases on either side of them. When that was occurring mostly with Davis there was other players open that would have been the better choice. Even many of the bootlegs where unless the player at the 2nd level behind the LBs is wide open you typically throw to the 1st level that is typically a TE would get you 5-8 yards, is something he needs to choose. That is what Saleh means when he says it is OK to play or make the boring throw. Zack will need to realize unlike the college schedule he was playing last year, the better WRs you have on your team will be in such tight coverage, the throws are very risky. Many of his games/plays in college the receivers were like 5 yards or more open, so he got too used to that. As Yoda would say, "You have to unlearn what you have learned".

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The only reason to keep Sam was to get a haul of draft picks and Joe Douglas sucks with draft picks.

So it is a blessing that Sam is gone.

SAR I

This is a good point. We could’ve traded down and got nothing but a bunch of Zunigas and Cameron Clark’s. 

The sad part is he will get at least 2 more drafts ??

That moment when an insecure loser of a person has to come to a struggling team's message board to try and feel better about himself... You're still that little person when you close the browser... Cheers.

Adult Swim Laughing GIF by Rick and Morty

21 hours ago, PackerNation said:

Nah, you guys win every offseason championship. No other team has won as many. 

We have the present and future set at QB.

I am sorry, but you aren't qualified to evaluate QB's. You had Zach Wilson in the Hall Of Fame a month ago. Now sit down little mad one.

Jordan Love has been learning from A-Rod for 2 yrs now. He is exactly where we want him to be in his development. 

We would never throw a QB out there early and ruin him like you are and have with Zach and Sam. Thank god Sam escaped just in time.

Good luck with all that.

d855b578f9ef51a1825e953eeeff9cd9.gif

51 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Ummmmmm I am not sure but now we ae turning Darnold's positive play into saying who else could have done it!

Sam Darnold is off the team!

Zach Wilson is my QB Now not Sam Darnold!!

That is what I care about --------and I am willing to be objective about other players like Sam Darnold, or Allan or any other QBs in the NFL!! 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Vin said:

How many games did Joe win with those same "weapons"?

You do the math

So in other words, you're waiting for him to lose so you can get up on your soapbox and say "see? See?  I told you so!!  I'm a smart person!!!"  

Come on, man....

It’s not about wins fool

a paraplegic senile quarterback outperformed you’re darling child with the same exact weapons 

THOSE ARE THE COLD HARD FACTS

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Lmaooo 

You Darnold fans are comical he beat up on a Saints team missing it’s 2 starting CB’s and literally half of its coaching staff. 

But let you people tell it Darnold has arrived after 2 games and the 3 seasons of terribleness completely wiped out. 

???????

You and others are good psychological  case studies. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Lmaooo 

???????

and  just wait till he beats the mighty Texans on Thursday. they will be making his bust for Canton.

• Haha 1

Darnold is still exactly what we thought he was - you guys are literally so fickle idk how some of you function. 

Darnold is good. We knew that - we all blame Gase and roster.  Everyone always said his ceiling is Tony Romo, and I think that could be sorta true. He's a good quarterback but he's turnover prone and when it counts he's not gunna do it for you. 

I'm not trying to go to the playoffs, I'm trying to go to the super bowl. We needed to make a decision this offseason and when you throw in financial factors and our slot in the draft - it was a no-brainer. 

Message me when Darnold gets to the Conference championships. Until then, idc if he gets a wild card spot which he probably will. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Oh stop.

So let me get this straight……

The Darnold guys are puffing their feathers saying that he never had a good supporting cast here.

But Zach is a bust, even though its only been 2 games and he also doesnt have a supporting cast?

Heres whats gonna happen in the next few weeks: sam is going to start seeing adversity and blowing games.

Zach and the jets will start falling into a rythem and start making jet football interesting to watch

You do know next Sunday we are @Broncos?

18 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Oh stop.

The Darnold guys are puffing their feathers saying that he never had a good supporting cast here.

But Zach is a bust, even though its only been 2 games and he also doesnt have a supporting cast?

Heres whats gonna happen in the next few weeks: sam is going to start seeing adversity and blowing games.

Zach and the jets will start falling into a rythem and start making jet football interesting to watch

No supporting cast? Ok, Becton is out, but Zach still has a better (maybe not much better, but definitely better) O-line, MUCH better receivers, and running backs who don't qualify for social security. Darnold never had an offense around him like Zach has.

And I am not ready to call Zach a bust after 2 games. I am just a realist that knows Zach is starting off his career with a much better supporting cast than Darnold ever had here.

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, oatmeal said:

I don't care about Darnold, he is no longer a Jet, but this is a really bad take. Good coaching matters, good surrounding talent matters. Darnold had neither here at all. Now he has it and that is a hit on him, but it's not an excuse when he doesn't have it?.

I have said this before and I will say it again, and anybody who understands football will understand this, the QB is by far the most important player on a football team, but they are one player. If all of the other parts of the team are flawed, short of an all time great, the QB will not perform well, its really that simple.

Instead we ignore our QB's surroundings and coaches, blame them for everything, rinse and repeat.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

19 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Oh stop.

I kind of tale exception to Zack doesn't  have a supporting cast. While Sam was here, the team was being systematically  dismantled.  The team made great strides to put another first round pick on the OL, and spent the following 2 picks on skill positions. Sam never saw anything close to that. 

JD also signed Moses, Davis, and Coleman. Not the big name FA some other teams signed but a Hell of a lot better than Gore, Fant, and Periman

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Be_a_Jet said:

Darnold is still exactly what we thought he was - you guys are literally so fickle idk how some of you function. 

Darnold is good. We knew that - we all blame Gase and roster.  Everyone always said his ceiling is Tony Romo, and I think that could be sorta true. He's a good quarterback but he's turnover prone and when it counts he's not gunna do it for you. 

I'm not trying to go to the playoffs, I'm trying to go to the super bowl. We needed to make a decision this offseason and when you throw in financial factors and our slot in the draft - it was a no-brainer. 

Message me when Darnold gets to the Conference championships. Until then, idc if he gets a wild card spot which he probably will. 

This is a fair an honest post!

Good Job!!!

29 minutes ago, Peteo said:

It is way too soon to say Zack is a bust.  I didn't want Darnold  in a Jets in the first place.  

Anyone saying that Zach is a Bust is INSANE!!!!

Wow..

A Bust!!

Can we let Wilson play a season before we say anything consistently negative about the guy...

This kid, is smart, talented, dedicated and seems more driven about football than any QB we have had here since Vinny & Chad.....

Lets knock off all the BUST TALK.....

A Bust after 2 Games....

Good Grief! :( 

• Post of the Week 1

darnold might've been okay but given the way the oline was really bad in game one it's hard to see how he would've done better than wilson.  and in game two he would've been seeing the ghosts that wilson didn't see.  finally let's be honest.  carolina is not a bad team and has some good and scary players.  just having mccaffery to dump off to makes a big difference.  and that's not to take anything from carter or johnson just that mccaffery is a darn good players.  swap darnold for wilson and it would be wilson who's having the better year, by far.

• Upvote 1

sam will  be 3-0 after this week joe will be 0-3

I have accepted Sam is gone and he is now set up to succeed where Joe set him up to fail

my only worry now is Joe is setting up wilson to fail as well. Wilson should not even be playing right now but  Joe didnt even bring in any type of back up which I still dont understand 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

21 minutes ago, rangerous said:

darnold might've been okay but given the way the oline was really bad in game one it's hard to see how he would've done better than wilson.  and in game two he would've been seeing the ghosts that wilson didn't see.  finally let's be honest.  carolina is not a bad team and has some good and scary players.  just having mccaffery to dump off to makes a big difference.  and that's not to take anything from carter or johnson just that mccaffery is a darn good players.  swap darnold for wilson and it would be wilson who's having the better year, by far.

so basically if joe gave sam weapons he would have been fine here and now wilson is going to fail just like sam until joe gives him a real line and better players around him

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, oatmeal said:

i mean why give any QB any credit on a good team? by that logic just bring in the Nick Foles into KC and i am sure they would be lining up for SB trophies.

currently Darnold is on pace for 26 TD's 8 picks and about 4500 yards. would that be good enough for you to publicly admit that you have 0 clue about QB's?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ummmmmm I am not sure but now we ae turning Darnold's positive play into saying who else could have done it!

Sam Darnold is off the team!

Zach Wilson is my QB Now not Sam Darnold!!

That is what I care about --------and I am willing to be objective about other players like Sam Darnold, or Allan or any other QBs in the NFL!! 

You just have a group who are starting to look stupid and deflect from their stance that he is the worst QB in the NFL, so they can’t get off him. Aaron Rodgers looked like garbage against the same Saints defense. And news flash, Rodgers passed to his running back repeatedly last night. You are allowed to use your weapons.  It’s a thing.

But yes, Sam is gone. Time to move on.  And Zach will be fine.  I believe that 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I was a keep Sam supporter because it made the most sense….. we could’ve traded back and got an extra first this year ….. if Sam sucked we could’ve drafted a new qb or traded for Rodgers or deshaun …. But they didn’t do that …. They could’ve kept both Sam and Zach and they didn’t do that when there’s no rush at all…. Sam was in his 4th year not 5th …. Zach could’ve sat the year out….. ultimate fail by the gm but only time will tell but with this team it’s bound for failure….how tf do I apply for gm ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

You just have a group who are starting to look stupid and deflect from their stance that he is the worst QB in the NFL, so they can’t get off him. Aaron Rodgers looked like garbage against the same Saints defense. And news flash, Rodgers passed to his running back repeatedly last night. You are allowed to use your weapons.  It’s a thing.

i said Sam sucks and i still do.

Rodgers is better than Sam right? so the saints shut down Rodgers but look terrible against Sam. maybe the Saints got lucky in week 1. its too early to tell anything yet. for all we know the Saints could go 2-15

what the Panthers are doing with Sam will be figured out, teams always do. and when they figure out how to take CMC away and force Sam to throw downfield a lot, that's were you beat him. 

he beat a QB playing his 1st ever game and another who is streaky, Winston has always thrown a lot of TDs and even more INTs.

lets see what he does against the better teams.  don't let your head get too big when he blows out the Texans on Thursday. see you in 2 weeks when they play Dallas. that will be his first real test.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

The same Saints defense minus 2 starting CBs and half the coaching staff dealing with a Covid outbreak. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1