This loss is 100% on the coaching staff and Zach Wilson....

NYJ1

15 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

The defense played admirably. Special Teams wasn't bad. The coaching staff gave Zach Wilson more than enough rope and Zach used it to hang himself. Does anyone have any idea who was the intended receiver of two of his interceptions? The coaching staff was 100% outclassed and outcoached by the patsies.

Corey Davis. 
Corey Davis

way under thrown Elijah Moore 

*corey Davis doing his thing that he did with Titans have a huge game the sh*t himself & the team in a critical situation. 

1 minute ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Zach Wilson has talent, but he is clearly not ready. This would have been a great year to sit, watch, and learn the playbook. 

Or maybe you could play Mims and let him and Wilson create some kind of chemistry so has another receiver with a huge catch radius that just might have been able to catch some those passes that sailed over the heads of Moore and Berrios.   He is the most physically gifted receiver on this team and we don't even play him.   Sorry but I am not putting all the blame on Wilson.  He played poorly today be once again he was running for his life and then trying to force the ball to players who were truly covered most of the time.  

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

27 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

The defense played admirably. Special Teams wasn't bad. The coaching staff gave Zach Wilson more than enough rope and Zach used it to hang himself. Does anyone have any idea who was the intended receiver of two of his interceptions? The coaching staff was 100% outclassed and outcoached by the patsies.

You don’t say

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Zach Wilson has talent, but he is clearly not ready. This would have been a great year to sit, watch, and learn the playbook. 

This right here was the biggest mistake. A rookie QB from BYU, a makeshift young Oline, a rookie head coach and a rookie offensive coordinator??? Are you kidding me?

There was ZERO logic in starting him week 1 his rookie year. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Thanks for the heads up as if I needed more to watch more of this abomination today. 

It's my son.  I never watch that show (since Ray was not rehired).  But that kid is a glutton for punishment.  I kept screaming to put on one of the two games.   Just watched Dak make a Zack-like throw/pick.

27 minutes ago, Barton said:

This right here was the biggest mistake. A rookie QB from BYU, a makeshift young Oline, a rookie head coach and a rookie offensive coordinator??? Are you kidding me?

There was ZERO logic in starting him week 1 his rookie year. 

Yeah I think they staff being so inexperienced is getting overlooked. Camp was kind of soft too. Jets are like a few weeks away from getting their legs under them.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Wilson is a gunslinger who made a lot of plays with talent in college. That doesn't fly in the NFL especially against the better coaches / defenses. He needed to sit. He needed to learn to pull those tendencies in. He's the exact type of QB who needs a solid vet to play in front of him for a few games then be able to talk to him after every drive when he takes over.

Once again, the Jets are throwing a rookie QB recklessly into the fire with a questionable defense, a horrendous offensive line who can't grasp the blocking scheme and a rookie HC and rookie coordinators. 

I'm not absolving Wilson of the way he played. I'm saying his mistakes were totally predictable and the team did little about it despite seeing this crop up in camp and the rest of the pre-season. A stupid waste. 

Agree... What we saw today was a rookie QB with a CS/GM that does not want to take the slower, steady rout by having him sit and learn for a year.  Wilson is skilled, but very inexperienced. If they insist on staring him, they have to make sure there is a running game for him to lean on and most importantly, they have to drill him to take the easy stuff until he matures/learns.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, Biggs said:

This idea that every wr needs to understand every WR position is nuts.  Mims on the bench with Berrios and Moore out wide is crazy.   Lefleur is calling pitch outs with the Pats having an unblocked lb on the end of the line.  

the coaching staff has to figure out how to beat the d they’re playing not some mythical d that they aren’t facing 

This 100% 

Why are midget “slot receivers” playing wide out? I’m sorry Berrios is a fine receiver in the slot, not the receiver to play the boundaries, same for Moore, Moore as a rookie shouldn’t be playing wide either, he needs more time gaining playing experience. 
some fundamentals hold true, big receivers on the boundaries and small shifty ****ers on the inside.  Make the players physicality and skill create the mismatch.  I’m sure Mimms would of been more effective on the sideline then Berrios and Moore.  
It seems to me that how the receivers are being used through 2 games now is not helping Zach one bit.
I also think Lafluer is over his skis right now.

Semper Fi  

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Or maybe you could play Mims and let him and Wilson create some kind of chemistry so has another receiver with a huge catch radius that just might have been able to catch some those passes that sailed over the heads of Moore and Berrios.   He is the most physically gifted receiver on this team and we don't even play him.   Sorry but I am not putting all the blame on Wilson.  He played poorly today be once again he was running for his life and then trying to force the ball to players who were truly covered most of the time.  

Mims, Crowder, and Jerry Rice wouldn't have prevented more than one of those horrendous interceptions. The OL gave him enough time...

to throw FOUR horrendous interceptions. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Mims, Crowder, and Jerry Rice wouldn't have prevented more than one of those horrendous interceptions. The OL gave him enough time...

to FOUR horrendous interceptions. 

Without a shred of exaggeration, it looked like Zack was looping the ball all day.  Not sure why he was not stepping into his throws or putting a bit of zip on 'em.  

Plus, I never knew he threw so many misses high.  That's a recipe for disaster going forward.   Teams will watch today's film and dare him to throw into coverage.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Without a shred of exaggeration, it looked like Zack was looping the ball all day.  Not sure why he was not stepping into his throws or putting a bit of zip on 'em.  

Plus, I never knew he threw so many misses high.  That's a recipe for disaster going forward.   Teams will watch today's film and dare him to throw into coverage.

He threw off his back foot all day. The kid is completely lost out there. 

• Upvote 1

The offensive coaching staff failed to put Wilson in a good position with high percentage throws on the first two drives. After an excellent run on first down on each of the drives, they called bonehead passing plays when they should’ve either run the ball again or given Zach a high percentage short route to throw to build his confidence. Did you see Mac Jones throw high risk passes early in the game? No. It was all bubble screens, screen passes and short routes. This offensive coaching staff desperately misses the influence of Greg Knapp.

as to the handling of Mims, Salah get a solid F. There’s no excuse for a talented player Like Mims who can help the offense is not ready to play. Played last year when healthy if you contributed.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1