Mims in a 1-on-1 go route on the outside is better than 5’8 Moore doing it. This is bad coaching.

jetscrazey

23 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Moore/Crowder in the slot and Mims on the outside along with Davis is what I had envisioned.  I have no idea what Lafleur is thinking. 

He's thinking how can I **** up a good set of personal.

If you don't want to play Mims make it Cole...

I know health has been an issue for Cole  and Crowder I hope when all are cleared  that is whT we see.

• Upvote 1

There is obviously something going on behind the scenes because this seems completely absurd on the surface no matter how Saleh tries to frame it. You cannot give up on a 2nd round pick after one incomplete season under one of the worst HC's of all time.  Unless he's so dumb that he literally doesn't know left from right or he's so disruptive at practice and in the building that he's taking dumps on the table in the WR daily, you have to give him a chance over the bums being paraded out there in front of him.  Complete insanity.

8 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

this is a bad OC guys, that's, it bad coaching is what I saw yesterday, where is that kids' QB coach and why wasn't he MADE to stop falling back and lofting every throw? Where were the RB screens? What happened to the 2 TE set that could have gotten him in some kind of a rhythm? Where is that WR corps that looked so promising last month that we weren't sure if we'd even be able to keep all that talent? This looks like the Jets offense under Todd Bowles when the team seemed to be made up of UPS drivers on loan. After next week's loss I might have to forget about pro football AGAIN this year, and the whole "I'm running out of years too see another Jets SB thing", well I know there will never BE another one-not with this ownership-there's just something missing and it's not the fan base's fault.

I couldn't agree with you more.  Maybe this is a net result of a rookie HC who has never been a HC anywhere coupled with a rookie OC who has ALSO never been a OC anywhere.  Add to that a rookie QB who played a "weak" conference,  poor overall offensive line play, and we are looking at a recipe for disaster.   After everything is said and done, talent is what wins in this league.  Certainly schemes can help (if they are the right ones and you have the personnel to execute them) but at the end of the day, the team with the better players usually wins.   I don't care if Berrios and Smith are Mensa candidates and can recite the playbook in their sleep... backwards, this team is going absolutely nowhere with them getting significant minutes.   The fact that they don't seem to get this is extremely troubling to me.  My only hope is that it is still early in the season and they are both young enough and hopefully flexible enough to realize they need to make adjustments to fit the actually talent on the team and not the other way around.   That remains to be seen and like you, if I don't start seeing said adjustments, either in personnel or in the play calling, I will definitely find something better to do on my Sundays.  I am definitely getting to old for this sh*t show every year. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/19/2021 at 4:06 PM, jetscrazey said:

I don’t know why I have to see Moore in crunch time run a go on the outside when he belongs in the slot, and Mims rots on the bench when he might have the best chance on the team of winning the outside  1 on 1 battle.

He was playing out of the slot yesterday 

14 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

A conditional 6th, I personally think Mims has done nothing wrong. I like him I just feel the writing is on the wall for him. I still think he can make a solid go of things in the NFL. I have no idea what’s gone on? - I hate how the teams handled things with Mims.

"I hate how this team has handled things with "Insert Random Players Name Here".  Darnold, Anderson, etc. 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

So just throw away the playbook , and give this future HOF WR jump balls , cause thats the key to winning !   Yeah thats sounds dumb to me too .

13 points in 8 quarters without Mims on the field sounds dumb to me.  We've tried it LaFleur's way and it hasn't even come close to working.

• WTF? 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I’m unhappy with Salehs mims explanation re: why he isn’t playing him. The main three guys are Davis, Moore, and berrios in the slot. Cole and smith are the ST hybrid guys.

why not move Moore to the slot, and mims be the WR2? So confusing. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Wit said:

I’m unhappy with Salehs mims explanation re: why he isn’t playing him. The main three guys are Davis, Moore, and berrios in the slot. Cole and smith are the ST hybrid guys.

Why the staff is lining the best slot WR in the 2021 draft out wide is beyond me. Saleh needs to get his head checked if he actually believe those are the 3 best WRs that give us the best chance of winning 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

So just throw away the playbook , and give this future HOF WR jump balls , cause thats the key to winning !   Yeah thats sounds dumb to me too .

No one is saying throw away the playbook.  Quit with the hyperbole. 

We all recognize this has been a successful system and we should lean on it.  But good coaches also adapt their scheme/playbook to accommodate for players that don't fit snugly into their narrow requirements. 

Mims is on the 53-man roster.  He's here and should be used.  And if they don't plan to use him, then trade him.  

1 hour ago, Wit said:

Saleh told Zach when he was drafted that he and the team will lift him up. 

Saleh told the media today that Jeff Smith was active because he is a great gunner. 

I am sorry but those statements both can't be true. A great gunner doesn't  improve a QB's completion pct or QB Rating. It's basically starting a player on the assumption your QB will fail and you will need to punt. 

I am totally fine benching Mims, but you better not put on an offensive display like you did the last 2 weeks with WRs that have zero impact. Especially, if you are smart enough to realize the Pats are likely going to take away Davis leaving your rookie QB throwing to WRs who if they stood on each others shoulders wouldn't be as big as Mims. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well then get him out of the doghouse because nothing else matters this season than seeing if Wilson can be the guy, and Mims can help him in that regard.  This coaching staff preaches "easy throws" but Wilson wanted to go all hero ball last week.  Well, at least Mims' skillset can help when Wilson decides to do this.  

Good coaches adapt their scheme to the personnel.  They don't stubbornly try to put square pegs in round holes at every step of the process.  I'm cool with the smaller WR's getting a lot of playing time and leaning on the system 80+ % of the time.  It's a system that has proven success.  But Mims needs to serve a purpose here too even if he doesn't fit what the coaches like to do.  As @Paradis pointed out, it's highly concerning that they see Mims occupying a similar role as Deebo Samuel did, even though Deebo is 4 inches shorter and a smaller and slower guy than Mims.  

I don't care what Mims did wrong.  Play him.  You don't have to start him.  But play him.  8 snaps next week.  That's all I ask.  And if you don't want to do that, then trade him, because essentially sitting him on the bench through the end of his rookie deal (or however long they continue to play this silly game with him) is a massive waste of resources.

One last thing:  If Mims is truly in the doghouse, he and the team have been handling it remarkably well.  Saleh has been dragging Mims' name in the media for weeks now and there hasn't been a peep from Mims or the team about it.  So whatever he did wrong, he's handling things very well at the moment.  For whatever that's worth.

FREE DENZEL! Play him 8 for 80!!

1B2E2174-28A4-455D-ABD0-585A5493BBFC.jpeg

• Upvote 1

On 9/19/2021 at 4:06 PM, jetscrazey said:

I don’t know why I have to see Moore in crunch time run a go on the outside when he belongs in the slot, and Mims rots on the bench when he might have the best chance on the team of winning the outside  1 on 1 battle.

Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes!!!!