Mims in a 1-on-1 go route on the outside is better than 5’8 Moore doing it. This is bad coaching.

jetscrazey

Personally, I hope Mims realizes that he is hurting his team by not being prepared. Hopefully, he continues to have great practices and can move up the depth chart and play. I would assume that the coaching staff would love to have Moore in the slot and Mims on the outside.

It is important for this team to get ALL of the players bought into the hard work, study, and great practices. The Jets are going to loose early; hopefully, Mims comes around to be a starter by middle of the season. Showing players that preparation is more important than talent and draft position (or veteran) early on will set the stage for the future. We knew that team wasn't going to playoffs this year, let's build the team right.

• Upvote 2

The offense isn’t creative.  Everything is east/west, nothing north/south.  All run plays are to the sides, nothing up the middle. No slant routes, no in routes.  

Mims should be out there because all the WRs are the same - small and quick. Berrios, Moore, Crowder, Smith - they’re all the same guy.  Need a big guy out there. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Icer said:

Jeff Smith and Keelan Cole must be writing the playbook considering they did jack sh*t on the field today

This is the problem when you say Player X who is average and knows all the plays should be playing over player Z who can change the game because he doesn't know all of the positions on the field!

Mims is not LAMONT JORDAN and the Jets staff acting like he is, is disingenuous... 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

Throughout camp, Moore was the best WR we had.  People here at JN were calling him a clear-cut RotY candidate.  

Now, two games in, he's a bust. 

And Mims is our savior.

Guess we'll never know till we sit Moore and start Mims I guess.

Here is a novel idea; How about we play them both? 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Mims is on the block book it.

WTF do you think we are going to get for a guy who gets benched for Braxton Berrios and Jeff Smith??????   This entire thing is beginning look very embarrassing for this team.   Other teams have eyes and see this guy can't even get off the bench.   At this point I would not be shocked if they just cut him out right.   This CS has dug in and made a stand (a foolish one in my opinion) and now it is like they have painted themselves into a corner.    I really feel bad for the kid.  There is no evidence that he has done anything wrong; even Saleh said he had a good week of practice.  Really great way to build confidence in player; bench him for scrubs and then throw him under the bus after the game. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

I have never seen a HC so widely anticipated by a fan base, be so disingenuous and get on the bad side of fans so quickly.  I know this is premature but if he is not careful he is going have this fan base turn on him with the quickness.  This thing with Mims is going to wind up blowing up in his face and it so unnecessary.  Just get the kid a few plays in the game that work to his strengths.   That will only help Wilson to a big target to throw to along with Davis.   The fact that he is not even active for the game speaks to some mind games being played and feel Mims is being made out to be the bad guy here. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I have never seen a HC so widely anticipated by a fan base, be so disingenuous and get on the bad side of fans so quickly.  I know this is premature but if he is not careful he is going have this fan base turn on him with the quickness.  This thing with Mims is going to wind up blowing up in his face and it so unnecessary.  Just get the kid a few plays in the game that work to his strengths.   That will only help Wilson to a big target to throw to along with Davis.   The fact that he is not even active for the game speaks to some mind games being played and feel Mims is being made out to be the bad guy here. 

What kills me is literally every WR we drag out there are st8 JAGSSSSSSSSSSS! 

And the youngest with the most upside gets bench duty ?

This is Gase nonsense all over again! 

We all laughed at Urban but idk what’s worst him or this clown show that we have here. 

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, JetBlue said:

WTF do you think we are going to get for a guy who gets benched for Braxton Berrios and Jeff Smith??????   This entire thing is beginning look very embarrassing for this team.   Other teams have eyes and see this guy can't even get off the bench.   At this point I would not be shocked if they just cut him out right.   This CS has dug in and made a stand (a foolish one in my opinion) and now it is like they have painted themselves into a corner.    I really feel bad for the kid.  There is no evidence that he has done anything wrong; even Saleh said he had a good week of practice.  Really great way to build confidence in player; bench him for scrubs and then throw him under the bus after the game. 

A conditional 6th, I personally think Mims has done nothing wrong. I like him I just feel the writing is on the wall for him. I still think he can make a solid go of things in the NFL. I have no idea what’s gone on? - I hate how the teams handled things with Mims.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, JetBlue said:

So this is Mims fault????  How do you know he is not being prepared??  Cause Saleh said so?  He is better than Jeff Smith in his sleep! This is straight up Bullsh*t. 

Yeah, JD drafted him and the team needs him, but Saleh and LaStink decide to sit him to the detriment of the team because he looks funny. Which is more likely, Mims is struggling with the playbook (or isn't as good as we think) or Saleh is tanking just because Mims pissed him off?

• Upvote 3