Sitting Mims Has Got to be the Stupidest Decision I have Ever Seen

JetBlue

13 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

We have no offense and we deactivate one of the few guys who can make a play, brilliant.  Oh well looks like we will be getting the first pick or second pick this year. 

Agree.  I think he might have a little dog in him but he can be put out wide and threaten a d.  The pats d took everything away from us and let Zach self destruct. Not sure why he needs to know every WR position.  Seems nuts to penalize the team to make a point. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

We have no offense and we deactivate one of the few guys who can make a play, brilliant.  Oh well looks like we will be getting the first pick or second pick this year. 

Having Mims does NOT make the Jets winners today. The Jets were thoroughly overmatched today regardless of who plays and who doesn't. We are an inferior team to the entire NFL.

With that said, I totally agree with you. The CS is comprised of a bunch of idiots. Sitting Mims is pure, 100% STUPIDITY......

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I have to disagree with the OP. The stupidest thing to happen today is anyone who paid good money to watch this franchise in person. Coming in as a close second is anyone who scheduled time to watch them on TV.

I know that we need to have patience with a rookie QB, rookie HC, and rookie OC, but this is getting old. These guys aren't even close to sniffing .500 ball.

It's a sad day when the Knicks offer me more hope than the Jets. But, they do.

The Johnson's suck.

I’ve got 5 other decisions off the top of my head that are worse. This isn’t even too 100 for this franchise.

1. Not trading back and selecting Mac Jones, while compiling picks to address the OL, secondary and LB corps.

2. Trading up for a guard, forgetting picks that would have positioned us well for OL, TE and Edge picks in this draft.

3. Drafting Becton last year, instead of Ceedee Lamb or Jerry Jeudy, and using later picks on OL.

4. Hiring Gase.

5. Letting Gase run Mac out of town, then letting Gase pick Joe Douglas.

This franchise is an absolute travesty, but Denzel Mims is the most absurd talking point we have going for us right now. The problems are so much bigger and deeper.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 2

4 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

Having Mims does NOT make the Jets winners today. The Jets were thoroughly overmatched today regardless of who plays and who doesn't. We are an inferior team to the entire NFL.

With that said, I totally agree with you. The CS is comprised of a bunch of idiots. Sitting Mims is pure, 100% STUPIDITY......

I mean, Zach Wilson is basically the sole reason we lost today.  I completely disagree about being thoroughly overmatched. That was a very winnable game aside from Wilson being super rookie mode.

• Upvote 1

We could have fielded the top 3 wr's Currently playing in the NFL today and the outcome would have been the same. When your quarterback sh*ts the bed like Zac did today you have no chance. I really hope Mims get things figured out soon as I think Him, Davis, Crowder and some Moore sprinkled in can serve us well this year. 

2 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

Half the board thinks Mims is a player (I do too). The other half said JD failed on all his picks last year. Truth is, this is on Mims; he has got to learn the playbook and how to prepare. Apparently, he had a great week of practice. He needs to earn his spot. Hopefully soon.

LaFleur: Mims whats  2+2?  Mims: 22.  Ok thats better

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I’ve got 5 other decisions off the top of my head that are worse. This isn’t even too 100 for this franchise.

1. Not trading back and selecting Mac Jones, while compiling picks to address the OL, secondary and LB corps.

2. Trading up for a guard, forgetting picks that would have positioned us well for OL, TE and Edge picks in this draft.

3. Drafting Becton last year, instead of Ceedee Lamb or Jerry Jeudy, and using later picks on OL.

4. Hiring Gase.

5. Letting Gase run Mac out of town, then letting Gase pick Joe Douglas.

This franchise is an absolute travesty, but Denzel Mims is the most absurd talking point we have going for us right now. The problems are so much bigger and deeper.

Holy **** with the hindsight 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

Half the board thinks Mims is a player (I do too). The other half said JD failed on all his picks last year. Truth is, this is on Mims; he has got to learn the playbook and how to prepare. Apparently, he had a great week of practice. He needs to earn his spot. Hopefully soon.

the relationship is a two way contract. It's as much on LaFleur - and by extension, Rob, as it is Mims... Pretending the guy who had 2 prolific years in college, beat up the senior bowl, and came on last year - suddenly became a knuckle-dragging meat head, is.... borderline moronic.

He obviously didn't get board with something this offseason (and in hindsight, maybe for good reason) but LaFleur's approach of trying to manage the situation sucks. Ass. It sucks assk. 

• Upvote 2