Clock has officially started on JD

More Cowbell

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

The ones that count - have stunk. You can put a blind fold on and throw darts at RBs in 4th and avg .700... 

• Becton
  • Wilson
  • Mims
  • AVT
  • Moore
  • Davis
  • Zuniga

Those are the picks he's being paid to make.

It's trending towards scrapyard material

Becton hasn’t stunk.  That’s ridiculous.  Moore nor AVT have not either. AVT was very good today. Wilson did today. He did not last week. 

Mims, Zuniga and Davis so far have disappointed.  Davis has has hardly played because of injuries.

I said it in the game thread and I’ll say it again here because I love to hear myself talk.  Everyone wants to be the first to be right about someone.  It makes us feel like our knowledge of the game is vindicated.  But in reality the vast majority, myself included, come to there determinations without actually knowing sh*t.  Even If they are right, it’s generally unfounded.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Becton hasn’t stunk.  That’s ridiculous.  Moore nor AVT have not either. AVT was very good today. Wilson did today. He did not last week. 

Mims, Zuniga and Davis so far have disappointed.  Davis has has hardly played because of injuries.

I said it in the game thread and I’ll say it again here because I love to hear myself talk.  Everyone wants to be the first to be right about someone.  It makes us feel like our knowledge of the game is vindicated.  But in reality the vast majority, myself included, come to there determinations without actually knowing sh*t.  Even If they are right, it’s generally unfounded.  

Bechton was top 10 in penalties and sacks given up last season for offensive linemen and has been often injured.

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Bechton was top 10 in penalties and sacks given up last season for offensive linemen and has been often injured.

The first part is false.  He was not top 10 in OL penalties.  Even if it were true, he’d be joining other OL like Quinton Nelson, Trent Williams, and Laremy Tunsil in the top 10 of that category.  It means nothing.

The 2nd part of your statement being top 10 in sacks given up may or may not be true.  I can’t find it anywhere.  I don’t believe that to be true, but it might be.

If people watched Becton play last year and thought he “stunk” then I don’t know what to say.  He didn’t stink week 1 either.  But he does have injury concerns, I won’t argue that.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Robby has played well since going to Carolina….

I think he played well for the Jets too. They just didn't put a competent WR opposite him so ever team just doubled him and a lot of smart Jets fans criticized him for not getting open on every play.

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The first part is false.  He was not top 10 in OL penalties.  Even if it were true, he’d be joining other OL like Quinton Nelson, Trent Williams, and Laremy Tunsil in the top 10 of that category.  It means nothing.

The 2nd part of your statement being top 10 in sacks given up may or may not be true.  I can’t find it anywhere.  I don’t believe that to be true, but it might be.

If people watched Becton play last year and thought he “stunk” then I don’t know what to say.  He didn’t stink week 1 either.  But he does have injury concerns, I won’t argue that.

Sorry, I misspoke. It was offensive tackles not lineman.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, STLuLu said:

I think he played well for the Jets too. They just didn't put a competent WR opposite him so ever team just doubled him and a lot of smart Jets fans criticized him for not getting open on every play.

He was our best offensive player. But experts on this board praised the move and said perriman was better and mims would be better as well.

• Thumb Down 1

51 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Because Wilson was the only one that mattered. And what of his other draft class? 

There was one good performance and two passable ones. Exceptional…give me a break. There was no one exceptional on the field for the Jets.

Two games, and I guess we are giving up on him.

No wonder this franchise takes one step forward, and five steps back.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

Douglas is one of the worst GMs in the NFL by every metric and tbh I can’t think of anyone worse.  Maybe Gettleman?

People dont want to hear it but the way he handled Jamal was the canary in the coal mine. The way he handled that situation was amateur hour. Sure he got a haul for him, getting hauls for good players is a given. You dont get credit for pushing away your best players, sorry. Jamal smelled the bullsh*t and wanted out. I suspect Robbie was the same just quieter.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

He was our best offensive player. But experts on this board praised the move and said perriman was better and mims would be better as well.

Of course they did. Because you know, this team has talent falling out of their butt holes so what did we need Robby for?

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Becton has looked fooking awful from the minute he could be bothered to turn up this year. 

• Thumb Down 1