Clock has officially started on JD

More Cowbell

3 minutes ago, undertow said:

This regime is all tied together.  You are gonna see the same GM, coach, QB combo for at least the next three seasons we all knew this when we hired a new coach and drafted a QB in the top 10....there was always a possibility it would be a disaster lets hope its not.

Rob isn’t the problem. 

49 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

People dont want to hear it but the way he handled Jamal was the canary in the coal mine. The way he handled that situation was amateur hour. Sure he got a haul for him, getting hauls for good players is a given. You dont get credit for pushing away your best players, sorry. Jamal smelled the bullsh*t and wanted out. I suspect Robbie was the same just quieter.

That and all the weird stuff with Enunwa, Falk and Osemele re the injured list. Douglas is in over his head. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Vader said:

Had Darnold and Robby with 2 1st round draft picks including the #2 which could have been worth mucho 

edit — Darnold’s performance in Carolina has already proven JD wrong. Sam is clearly an NFL caliber QB when he has protection and weapons. It was such a risk for JD to move laterally at QB.  

I don't think you understand what "proven" means. Way too many assumptions after just two games for a rookie QB, playing for a rookie HC and OC. Am I shocked that Sam Darnold played two decent games? No. We knew he was capable of this. He hasn't proven that he can do it consistently. 

• Upvote 2

The thing is, it's hard for the Jets to be any worse than they were last season. The Jets lucked into two wins last season and cost themselves a shot at the first overall pick. This season should be about tangible improvements on both sides of the ball. Do we get a defence that actually can stop opponents? Do we have an offence that actually looks somewhat competent? If by the end of the season the answers to those questions is no, then Douglas deserves to be on the hot seat. I think his seat is becoming warmer with each passing week of incompetence from the roster he has put together.

Having Robby Anderson opposite Corey Davis would be pretty good right now, but instead, Douglas got fooled by Perriman's purple patch when every other talent evaluator knew he would turn back into the pumpkin that he is as soon as he signed a lucrative free agent contract. That was disappointing.

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Becton hasn’t stunk.  That’s ridiculous.  Moore nor AVT have not either. AVT was very good today. Wilson did today. He did not last week. 

Mims, Zuniga and Davis so far have disappointed.  Davis has has hardly played because of injuries.

I said it in the game thread and I’ll say it again here because I love to hear myself talk.  Everyone wants to be the first to be right about someone.  It makes us feel like our knowledge of the game is vindicated.  But in reality the vast majority, myself included, come to there determinations without actually knowing sh*t.  Even If they are right, it’s generally unfounded.  

I will tell you this. Zach will be fine. In fact, he's going to be a bright star in this league.  The kid has that IT factor. He played poorly and he was really upset today. You could see it on his face. Totally unlike Darnold who was faceless and emotionless.  Kid is a savage. His mother said so.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I think this is the product of drafting a QB that made a career of beating up the weak sisters of college football. I have said the kid had immense  arm talent but that certainly was not on display today. I hope Zack is mentally tough enough to just move on from this.  

He made like 4 throws that only a few QB's can in this league. He's going to be fine. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

This better just be a hiccup for Zack. If he turns out to be Geno Smith 2.0, this is over. 

No it hasn’t!! The worst thing about losing these games is fan stupidity. This is a rebuild. Saleh and Douglas will be here next season regardless of their record this season.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

No it hasn’t!! The worst thing about losing these games is fan stupidity. This is a rebuild. Saleh and Douglas will be here next season regardless of their record this season.

The first two passes he threw were both picked off. That means not only did he play bad, he was unprepared for what he was seeing. The only thing missing was the comment about seeing ghosts. 

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

I've been a defender of JD thus far, but his fate is inextricably tied to Zach Wilson.

Problem is he dumped tons of capital into OL and it’s worse… how can he fix OL, LBs, CBs, EDGE, RB all in one draft to make us competitive in 2022? Answer: he cannot. Earliest we will now be competitive has been pushed to 2023… and that’s if Zach hits…

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Problem is he dumped tons of capital into OL and it’s worse… how can he fix OL, LBs, CBs, EDGE, RB all in one draft to make us competitive in 2022? Answer: he cannot. Earliest we will now be competitive has been pushed to 2023… and that’s if Zach hits…

Yeah unfortunately this. Pissing away last years draft set the Jets back even further. Literally anyone besides Douglas making those picks would have done better.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I don't think you understand what "proven" means. Way too many assumptions after just two games for a rookie QB, playing for a rookie HC and OC. Am I shocked that Sam Darnold played two decent games? No. We knew he was capable of this. He hasn't proven that he can do it consistently. 

He has proven it because he never played two decent games in a row with the Jets.

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Becton hasn’t stunk.  That’s ridiculous.  Moore nor AVT have not either. AVT was very good today. Wilson did today. He did not last week. 

Mims, Zuniga and Davis so far have disappointed.  Davis has has hardly played because of injuries.

I said it in the game thread and I’ll say it again here because I love to hear myself talk.  Everyone wants to be the first to be right about someone.  It makes us feel like our knowledge of the game is vindicated.  But in reality the vast majority, myself included, come to there determinations without actually knowing sh*t.  Even If they are right, it’s generally unfounded.  

Zuniga and Davis were horrible picks.  The OL looked better without Becton.  Our OC is a bad joke.  I bet Zach could have used a homerun threat like Mims and a sure handed WR like Crowder, but no Berrios was the go to.  Horrible personnel management and crap game plan.  RB's were killing , and then we said ehhh lets air it out.

On the plus side my favorite player AVT did better.

We got it handed to us today.  I just wanted to see improvement and progress.  This was humiliatingly bad.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1