Jump to content

Clock has officially started on JD


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

After 1 draft seen through the rookie year got it... Great analysis... You must be God... 

Pandemic year with no off season mind you

Did other teams have off seasons because I’ve seen lots of other rookies produce. Notice how you avoid the FA point. And again, some of his picks are on year 3. Tell me who the hits are. His picks can’t even crack the 53 man roster for the worst team in the league. It’s indefensible.

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Should be given till next year before catches true heat but so far his tenure has been a disaster. Hate on Macc all you want but JD is overseeing the worst stretch of Jet football I've seen in 25

Some of us have been counting that down for a while. The rabid support Douglas recieved based on nothing more than not being Mac was always pretty amusing. What little he has done as GM has

This better just be a hiccup for Zack. If he turns out to be Geno Smith 2.0, this is over. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Skeptable said:

I am patient enough to see the culture change that is happening... You can see it in press conferences and in the way players speak... But the impatience of fans like you are already ready to fire everyone 2 games into a season... It's idiotic

Ah yes. The culture change of being the worst the team has looked since kotite.

 

But as long as they look the part and say the right things in press conferences who cares about results?

 

Jeff Fisher syndrome.

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

He is in the beginning of his 3rd year of a 6 year deal that is not 60-65%... 

2 drafts... 

Mac had a huge leash... Idzik was given the benefit of the doubt... Not JD... All these trolls on this site go crazy after 2 games with an entirely new regime... 

He is not on a short leash only to this disgusting fan base that is ready to throw everyone out after 2 games... 

Did the defense play well... Well, yes actually they did great... Couple missteps at the end of the game... Does JD get credit for any of that... No, of course not they are too busy complaining about the health of his draft picks that were made for a different system and a different coach... 

Just imagine how good the defense would be if they had the star that blew out his Achilles because that's JDs fault too... 

How about all these rookie corners doing a hell of a job or safeties... Give me break... The crying in here is insanity... This fan base will never win until they have patience to stick with one solution and follow through with that desision... 

Got it.

I'll still tell you, if we do not see material improvement, he will not be our GM to start the 2023 season.  He will be fired after his fifth year.  Which would make now ~60'ish to so percent.

If you think he can keep producing losing teams like last year and what we've seen so far this year, in 2021 and 2022, and still be here in 2023......I think you may be being a little naive.

To be clear, I'm not predicting this or rooting for this.  I'm telling you, no meaningful improvement = no JD by 2023.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jgb said:

Basically 

I'm really concerned with JD's ability to draft.  All those CB's drafted in the late rounds last year - that was ALL Saleh. Totally obvious. And they are looking good thus far.  The Wilson pick - no brainer. The Darnold trade - no brainer. The Jamal trade - an absoulte steal. The Becton pick - no brainer. BUT this is where the VERY bad comes in.  The Perine pick. A waste. The Morgan pick - a waste. The Zuniga pick - a waste. The Davis pick - thus far a waste.  The Mann pick - unnecesary. You dont waste a pick on a punter - ever.  The Clarke pick - who knows.  The Mims pick - Thus far a bust. It's fairly easy to hit on 1st and 2nd round picks but a really good GM finds those diamonds in the rough.  And FA has not been much better.  Hit on a couple, wiffed on a few.  At least  he had enough sense to hire Saleh who looks like a very good defensive minded HC.  I say he's got 3 years - 3 more drafts to improve (drastically) If not he's gone after 2024 season. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A bunch of things about him bother me. Maybe I'll have the patience and guts to post a sperm sized post. For now,after saying he made a mistake not aggressively  trying to resign Robby. He follows that by talking bullsh*t about how much he wanted to extend Maye. Then makes a low ball take it or leave it offer. His drafting is a problem. His honesty and playing straight with his players rubs me the wrong way.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Ah yes. The culture change of being the worst the team has looked since kotite.

 

But as long as they look the part and say the right things in press conferences who cares about results?

 

Jeff Fisher syndrome.

 

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Got it.

I'll still tell you, if we do not see material improvement, he will not be our GM to start the 2023 season.  He will be fired after his fifth year.  Which would make now ~60'ish to so percent.

If you think he can keep producing losing teams like last year and what we've seen so far this year, in 2021 and 2022, and still be here in 2023......I think you may be being a little naive.

To be clear, I'm not predicting this or rooting for this.  I'm telling you, no meaningful improvement = no JD by 2023.  

40% the 2021 season just started... He is literally been here for 26 or 27 months... Of a 6 year deal... I agree if by the end of 2022 there is no improvements he is probably gone but most likely he has until the end of 2023..

  • Thumb Down 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

I am patient enough to see the culture change that is happening... You can see it in press conferences and in the way players speak... But the impatience of fans like you are already ready to fire everyone 2 games into a season... It's idiotic

lol the salesmen must love you 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, genot said:

A bunch of things about him bother me. Maybe I'll have the patience and guts to post a sperm sized post. For now,after saying he made a mistake not aggressively  trying to resign Robby. He follows that by talking bullsh*t about how much he wanted to extend Maye. Then makes a low ball take it or leave it offer. His drafting is a problem. His honesty and playing straight with his players rubs me the wrong way.

Since day 1 his player relations has been garbage. 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kevinc855 said:

lol the salesmen must love you 

I gave up my season tickets when they forced PSLs... Because there was no way that I was going to help those scumbags pay for that sh*t hole of a stadium... Mind you... Those tickets were in the family for 40 years... 

 

But please tell me how the salesman love me.. 

All you do is bitch and complain on this site... Find a new team... You might get some enjoyment out of them because you certainly won't get it with this team even when they win the superbowl 

  • Thumb Down 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is going to be rough for Douglas if Wilson struggles and the team continues to look inept this year. Realistically rookie struggles should be accepted but its just a weird spot because the team has been bad for so long. They have had no plan since 2013 and you cant expect everyone  to be ok with "just wait until next year" when you have been hearing that for 8 of the last 9 years. At some point you have to put a product on the field that looks competent. 

He's probably not going to get the ultra kid gloves treatment that Maccagnan got as MM was pretty well liked by people who covered the team and those outside. Right now there is a lot of negativity towards the Jets operations around the league. Im not sure how specific it is to JD but hes the guy in charge so he is going to get the brunt of it. But its out there from agents, players, and other team personnel and when you have that its going to lead to more negativity on the GMs performance. 

I dont believe he will be fired after this year but I wouldnt discount it if things get loud enough by the end of the year if they dont turn this around somewhat. Woody will need to ask himself if they want to risk JD  using multiple 1s and a ton of cap space next year.  Screw that up and you just screw over the next GM too.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

I gave up my season tickets when they forced PSLs... Because there was no way that I was going to help those scumbags pay for that sh*t hole of a stadium... Mind you... Those tickets were in the family for 40 years... 

 

But please tell me how the salesman love me.. 

All you do is bitch and complain on this site... Find a new team... You might get some enjoyment out of them because you certainly won't get it with this team even when they win the superbowl 

Well unlike you I didn’t quit.

Still sitting in the sun and traffic driving home a few hours. I don’t want to hear about how a guy sounds in a PC. I wana leave metlife with a win. That’s all we want. Save me the “culture” talk. It’s about wins and loses not creating a consulting company 

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

I agree if by the end of 2022 there is no improvements he is probably gone but most likely he has until the end of 2023..

Glad we found a point of agreement. 👍

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Got it.

I'll still tell you, if we do not see material improvement, he will not be our GM to start the 2023 season.  He will be fired after his fifth year.  Which would make now ~60'ish to so percent.

If you think he can keep producing losing teams like last year and what we've seen so far this year, in 2021 and 2022, and still be here in 2023......I think you may be being a little naive.

To be clear, I'm not predicting this or rooting for this.  I'm telling you, no meaningful improvement = no JD by 2023.  

im supporting JD. i think its to early to kill him . but i agree with you. 2022 he was to put a winning team on the field or hes gone.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Warfish said:

@Skeptable

Just curious which part of this you thought was so inaccurate it warranted a negrep.

I'm honestly confused, this was a pretty mild comment all things considered, true for almost every new GM.

Five full years and no real tangible improvement or winning, and JD is gone.  You do get that, right?

If not, by all means, I'd love to hear your take to the contrary.

 

46 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

We are getting Skepticaled

 

44 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Lol he just gave a thumbs down to 8 of my posts in a row.

 

43 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

He negative  reped about 80% of the posts in this thread. I really think it would be nice he make a point instead of just showing us he knows how to post an icon

Good. I thank him for it. The more butt fumbles I get, the more correct the post ends up being proven to be.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, genot said:

A bunch of things about him bother me. Maybe I'll have the patience and guts to post a sperm sized post. For now,after saying he made a mistake not aggressively  trying to resign Robby. He follows that by talking bullsh*t about how much he wanted to extend Maye. Then makes a low ball take it or leave it offer. His drafting is a problem. His honesty and playing straight with his players rubs me the wrong way.

Thats just hardball any GM is going to play. I have no problem with not overpaying Maye or Adams who play positions that normally can be easily replaced. If hey were top fight players at their respective positions thats a different story. But even then its lunacy to pay a safety 15-18M.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Well unlike you I didn’t quit.

Still sitting in the sun and traffic driving home a few hours. I don’t want to hear about how a guy sounds in a PC. I wana leave metlife with a win. That’s all we want. Save me the “culture” talk. It’s about wins and loses not creating a consulting company 

Not liking the owner and refusing PSLs doesn't define Fandom... I just don't believe in the philosophy and never will... I refuse to support it... That is my stance. 

This also doesn't mean I don't like the Jets any less then you... The amount I pay towards the owners doesn't define Fandom and I am sorry you have that opinion.. 

Wins weren't ever going to come easy this year and any fan thinking that a rookie team heading to play one of the most well polished franchise was going to win was sorely misled... 2 loses doesn't define this team... Whether you believe or don't believe that culture makes a difference ask any high level athlete the same question and they will absolutely say it does matter... As do systems... And personnel to support the system... This is literally 2 games into this system... 2 fing games... Get a grip

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Maynard13 said:

Thats just hardball any GM is going to play. I have no problem with not overpaying Maye or Adams who play positions that normally can be easily replaced. If hey were top fight players at their respective positions thats a different story. But even then its lunacy to pay a safety 15-18M.  

There is a problem though that in JDs short tenure Jets have been named the least trustworthy organization by agents and players.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Not liking the owner and refusing PSLs doesn't define Fandom... I just don't believe in the philosophy and never will... I refuse to support it... That is my stance. 

This also doesn't mean I don't like the Jets any less then you... The amount I pay towards the owners doesn't define Fandom and I am sorry you have that opinion.. 

Wins weren't ever going to come easy this year and any fan thinking that a rookie team heading to play one of the most well polished franchise was going to win was sorely misled... 2 loses doesn't define this team... Whether you believe or don't believe that culture makes a difference ask any high level athlete the same question and they will absolutely say it does matter... As do systems... And personnel to support the system... This is literally 2 games into this system... 2 fing games... Get a grip

It speaks

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Not liking the owner and refusing PSLs doesn't define Fandom... I just don't believe in the philosophy and never will... I refuse to support it... That is my stance. 

This also doesn't mean I don't like the Jets any less then you... The amount I pay towards the owners doesn't define Fandom and I am sorry you have that opinion.. 

Wins weren't ever going to come easy this year and any fan thinking that a rookie team heading to play one of the most well polished franchise was going to win was sorely misled... 2 loses doesn't define this team... Whether you believe or don't believe that culture makes a difference ask any high level athlete the same question and they will absolutely say it does matter... As do systems... And personnel to support the system... This is literally 2 games into this system... 2 fing games... Get a grip

On cmon man. Enough with the owner excuse. He hired JD which you all love and he hired Saleh which you all loved. 

The Johnsons are rich kids who have no influence on how this team performs 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

On cmon man. Enough with the owner excuse. He hired JD which you all love and he hired JD.

The Johnsons are rich kids who have no influence on how this team performs 

He’s just another Internet scold telling us we aren’t patient enough. I know mountains with less patience than Jets fans.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Since day 1 his player relations has been garbage. 

Yea. I agree. This is not about Darnold the QB. I remember Douglas publicly  stating that talking to Darnolds  family he was going to do everything in the off season too support him. What happens. Robby signs with the Panthers and he pays a washed up center 8 mill too stink it up for 10 games until he was benched. A definite pattern of dishonest statements since he's been here.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

On cmon man. Enough with the owner excuse. He hired JD which you all love and he hired JD.

The Johnsons are rich kids who have no influence on how this team performs 

What owner excuse, did you even read what I wrote? 

Jesus... This is the proof right here... This fan can't even take the 3 seconds to read the 3 paragraphs I wrote... Instead skims... Reads owners and says I can't use that as an excuse... How about we slow down... Take a second to read what I wrote and move on. 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, jgb said:

Did other teams have off seasons because I’ve seen lots of other rookies produce. Notice how you avoid the FA point. And again, some of his picks are on year 3. Tell me who the hits are. His picks can’t even crack the 53 man roster for the worst team in the league. It’s indefensible.

Not in brand new systems starting from scratch, with virtually new veterans. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Not in brand new systems starting from scratch, with virtually new veterans. 

Ah I see, you’re a purveyor of “no true Scotsman.”

Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone beating around the bush im just going to say it, this fat f*** was crowned way to early and his drafts annually blow chucks.

 

THE SAD AND UNFORTUNATE PART IS HE WAS JUST SIGNED TO AN EXTENSION VERY RECENTLY AND BARING HIM RUNNING INTO SERIOUS LEGAL PROBLEMS HE IS GOING TO BE HERE THROUGH THE MAJORITY OF THAT CONTRACT!
 

(Cheap Johnson’s) 

 

buckle up we thought the Gase saga was rock bottom 😂

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maynard13 said:

And the OC. He's equally responsible. As is Saleh. It starts and ends with him. He's got to impress upon LaFleur to corral Wilson in. 

I'm pretty sure it's already occurred to them to tell Zach, "hey, don't throw stupid passes". If he still does, that's on him.

I will say that quite a few of his passes were off the mark, which was unlike his performance week 1. A part of me is still holding out hope that it was just Belichick's defense that was just confusing him and forcing throws that he would normally have no problem with. As fun as it is to go down the drain and blast Wilson, there's still hope that this game is the exception, not the rule.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, genot said:

Yea. I agree. This is not about Darnold the QB. I remember Douglas publicly  stating that talking to Darnolds  family he was going to do everything in the off season too support him. What happens. Robby signs with the Panthers and he pays a washed up center 8 mill too stink it up for 10 games until he was benched. A definite pattern of dishonest statements since he's been here.

I must admit I agreed and still agree with those moves but hated how Douglas handled it. Lying and dishonesty comes back to bite you in the end and I always felt the way Douglas handles situations will do nothing but bring negative Karma to the team. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...