The calm down thread

Wit

5 minutes ago, Better2bgreenthanblue said:

What makes me want to puke was Zach did a Chernobyl the second half. His foot worked sucked and he was missing wide open receivers. I was hoping he was a gunslinger, but gunslingers dont melt down because they had a bad half. 

Yeah, the footwork breakdowns in the 2nd half were surprising and very disappointing.  I was hoping for better fundamentals to carry through, but, game 2 so we'll see how it is moving forward. 

You don't remember Jeff George do you?

This a young team developing all around from players to the coach to the gm . It was a bad game for zach no way to sugar coat it. But this doesn't change the expectations for this team.. i just want to see these guys get better and be foundational pieces by years end.  I expected to pick in the top 5. 

1 minute ago, jamesr said:

You know it's a bad game when you actually cheer the fact that we punted, or missed a FG.

INT, INT, FG, INT, PUNT, HALF

INT, FG MISS, TO ON DOWNS, FG, TO ON DOWNS, END

That's some pretty grim reading right there.

You know it's grim when the stadium--celebrating opening day at home and our new QB/savior--clears out like that.  Fans must have been in shock and pissed.

8 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

This a young team developing all around from players to the coach to the gm . It was a bad game for zach no way to sugar coat it. But this doesn't change the expectations for this team.. i just want to see these guys get better and be foundational pieces by years end.  I expected to pick in the top 5. 

you could copy and paste this post and use it every year since 2012 and probably for many years into the future. 

I thought this game was going to be bad but I didn't think Zach would be so bad. At least the defense played well and the line was better. WRs were disappointing but good to see Berrios actually trying to return a few kicks/punts. The run game looked better and MC looks good.

With all that great, positive stuff said, the Patriots shut down the passing game. Point blank. Took away Corey Davis and Zach didn't know what to do, Lafleur didn't seem to know what to do. I definitely think Mims, a tall body, could have helped so they gotta move on and get this going. I heard Cole's name in the run game but what did he do in the passing game? 

I didn't come away thinking we were that much worse of a team. I'm sure most of you would disagree, but it's not every day your QB throws 4 picks. 

I'm not going to have any knee jerk reactions here. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

The o-line looked much better today .

Michael Carter and the running backs look better than the first week .

Elijah Moore looked better,

Last week we could have beat Carolina who absolutely annihilated a good Saints team today .

Zach moved the ball against a better than perceived Carolina D

Our defense is much better than what we thought .

First series of the game today is an absolute fumble no call that puts us up at least three nothing to start the game . 

Two of Zach's ints could have easily been either batted down by Davis , or caught by Davis .

These simple simple breaks fall our way and we are singing a much different tune.

Multiple rookie players and HC and OC in their first 2 games 

We've lost to a 2-0 Carolina team with a much better defense than given credit to and a defensive minded HC with over 40 years of NFL coaching experience with multiple SBs and considered the best ever.

Hang in there

Awesome post! If two things had changed: the fumble call and the goal line series in the second quarter resulted in a TD instead of a field goal (the play calling there was atrocious) we could have come out of the first half tied having four interceptions and with the ball to start the second half no matter how awful that first half was. 

Two other points: last week the defensive line, the running game and the offensive line all sucked. Big time. They all showed great improvement this weeksagainst the Pats. That speaks to the coaching. (Also, the decent play of the young secondary speaks to good coaching. That is why i am confident that Wilson will improve even though i think the loss of Greg Knapp is hurting him.

Second, there is nothing Mac Jones did today that scares me. He was ahead all game (thanks to the fumble call) and only through high percentage passes. No tight window throws, no off platform throws, no wow throws. As this team gets better in the next year or two (and it will) i do not think we will be facing the same obstacle in Jones as we did with Brady.

Last week we were lucky to have Wilson and the offensive line needed to be rebuilt from scratch.

This week the line was okay and Wilson is a bust.

One game sample sizes are too small to form any meaningful opinions.

Huge step in the wrong direction from Wilson, though. Last week he made one bad decision and then I thought played more within himself. This week he let the bad decisions compound and they weren’t even always under pressure. Puzzling change.

He was also really inaccurate on those turnovers.

Hopefully it was an aberration and he bounces back next week, but obviously quite discouraging.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet25 said:

Peyton Manning also threw 5 INTs against the Patriots his rookie season and another 5 INTs against Miami. People just need to calm down and let the kid get through the season

People who keep using Peyton Manning as an example for young struggling Jets QB need to be suspended for a while from making post.

• Post of the Week 1

23 minutes ago, Jetgreg said:

Awesome post! If two things had changed: the fumble call and the goal line series in the second quarter resulted in a TD instead of a field goal (the play calling there was atrocious) we could have come out of the first half tied having four interceptions and with the ball to start the second half no matter how awful that first half was. 

Two other points: last week the defensive line, the running game and the offensive line all sucked. Big time. They all showed great improvement this weeksagainst the Pats. That speaks to the coaching. (Also, the decent play of the young secondary speaks to good coaching. That is why i am confident that Wilson will improve even though i think the loss of Greg Knapp is hurting him.

Second, there is nothing Mac Jones did today that scares me. He was ahead all game (thanks to the fumble call) and only through high percentage passes. No tight window throws, no off platform throws, no wow throws. As this team gets better in the next year or two (and it will) i do not think we will be facing the same obstacle in Jones as we did with Brady.

Excellent point about the D line and secondary. Our entire seconday are rookies minus Maye and Hall and have "held their own" with TWO games experience

Mac Jones has a HC with 47 years experience. His OC has tons of experience and was a former NFL HC

Zach Wilson has a rookie HC and OC

Just now, Copernicus said:

Amandola didnt sh*t the bed and and went 2/3

Excellent point about the D line and secondary. Our entire seconday are rookies minus Maye and Hall and have "held their own" with TWO games experience.

Mac Jones has a HC with 47 years experience. His OC has tons of experience and was a former NFL HC

Zach Wilson has a rookie HC and OC

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Mack Jones did play well.  He executed a game plan that was effective.  Zach sucked and the game plan he was given sucked.  Zach looked clueless and so did the play calling.  

Mac Jones SUCKS. He knows if he tried 1/10 of the crap they allowed Wilson to do today, he'd be on the bench faster than he can say Tom Brady.  This is an abomination by LaFleur.  If they dont lasoo Wilson in, it will continue and his confidence will be shot. 

9 minutes ago, derp said:

Last week we were lucky to have Wilson and the offensive line needed to be rebuilt from scratch.

This week the line was okay and Wilson is a bust.

One game sample sizes are too small to form any meaningful opinions.

Huge step in the wrong direction from Wilson, though. Last week he made one bad decision and then I thought played more within himself. This week he let the bad decisions compound and they weren’t even always under pressure. Puzzling change.

He was also really inaccurate on those turnovers.

Hopefully it was an aberration and he bounces back next week, but obviously quite discouraging.

Belichick played two high safeties and manned up on the outside. He basically only rushed 4 and played shallow zones in the middle. The spacing was messed up and Wilson couldn’t find the windows. The holding onto the ball cost him accuracy. 

Just now, BurnleyJet said:

It’s going to get much worse.

Our OLine and running game made tremendous progress from week 1 to week 2

Our D Line looked better from week 1 to week 2

Our rookies in the secondary are holding their own

STs look great and Amendola went 2/3 in his first NFL game

Zach's first 2 INTS could have easily been batted down and caught bt Davis (could have totally flips the game along with an obvious no call on the fumble by the Pats first drive)

0-2 starting all these rookies 

Did we really think that Robert Saleh/LeFluer were going to out coach Bellicheck in game 2?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Wit said:

Yeah I’m sad and discouraged today. That being said this is expected with a rookie Going up against a BB defense.

1. Zach needs to take a look at the Mac Jones tape and see what a rookie should do when the team plays well. Stay within the game and stop being a hero. 

2. Mac Jones didn’t play well

3. Zach is the only reason we lost, and it sucks but I’m ok with that.

4. Defense looked really really good, although where was Q? 

5. the o line was ok, and Michael Carter looks great.

6. the rookies played well

I feel like someone has made one of these bullsh*t threads every year since 2011. 

• Upvote 2