When will the stubborn excuse-makers admit…

7 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Its called an ascot, good sir. 

Incorrect, dear boy.  An ascot, or "necker-tie", was not what I had envisioned.  

I was, instead, suggesting a 60s-era adornment which took its inspiration from the more traditional ascot.  So much more masculine projecting for our football club, don't you think?  Plus, the addition of a matching ring would add a bit more pizazz than the ascot.

1adb5bddece59e3557b299fb1e8930c3.jpg

On 9/19/2021 at 8:30 PM, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I just want to add that seeing Nick Mangold in the new uniform made me cringe. It made him look awful. 

Not just him, any time they wheel out some of the old players, and they're wearing the current jerseys rather the ones they wore, it just looks wrong. Whether it's Namath, Mangold or Chrebet in the current ones, or the Sack Exchange in the late 2010s unis. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Incorrect, dear boy.  An ascot, or "necker-tie", was not what I had envisioned.  

I was, instead, suggesting a 60s-era adornment which took its inspiration from the more traditional ascot.  So much more masculine projecting for our football club, don't you think?  Plus, the addition of a matching ring would add a bit more pizazz than the ascot.

1adb5bddece59e3557b299fb1e8930c3.jpg

Where would this team ever get a ring from? :D  

• Haha 1

You all smoking something. Our uniforms are so much better than our old ones. They were so bad

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
From the guy with a luigi avatar ... wrong ... the old unis were superior ...

The new helnet could work if it were supported by a solid complimenting design.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

Uniforms are trash but nothing is worse than that stadium ?

Agree, the uniforms are a blunder that wouldn’t take as long to correct.

Wonder what the ownership of both teams are thinking when they see the architectural works of art that other teams have unveiled in the past decade-ish, or even the WSS designs they had and dumped, and then look at their $2BN monstrosity of bleh.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Agree, the uniforms are a blunder that wouldn’t take as long to correct.

Wonder what the ownership of both teams are thinking when they see the architectural works of art that other teams have unveiled in the past decade-ish, or even the WSS designs they had and dumped, and then look at their $2BN monstrosity of bleh.

Well, according to someone who’s a huge advocate of both the stadium and the uniform, the actual structure of MetLife is supposed to represent the material used to build skyscrapers in NYC and that is why our stadium should be comparable to the other stadiums. ?‍♂️

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

Well, according to someone who’s a huge advocate of both the stadium and the uniform, the actual structure of MetLife is supposed to represent the material used to build skyscrapers in NYC and that is why our stadium should be comparable to the other stadiums. ?‍♂️

Ah yes.

Also the door wedges on each shoulder are actually wheel stops that prevent a jet from unintentionally rolling forward. It's homage to these past decades of the Jets unsuccessfully trying to advance the football forward.

How can you not see that? Here wait, I'll circle the tip of the triangle on both things so you can really see it, lol.

• Haha 1

I grew up with the 80's green, so I was cool with them going back to it but this milquetoast design is just so blah that I don't mind complaining about it.  They went Retro when other teams were going USFL with uni design changes (Denver, NE) that got them to the Super Bowl, whereas we choked in the big game.  So no matter how much better that it looked, we never won.  So they switch to a garbage design done by a focus group for people who would be offended by anything, and we suck even worse.  Lets try something different.  Leon Hess is dead.  Hess doesn't even market Hess trucks through the Jets anymore.  Let's turn to the color of SKY where JETS FLY instead of green where they have crashed to the ground? OR go Gray and LOOK LIKE A FIGHTER JET!  Anything other than what we have.  Burn them.