Zach Wilson needs to have a short leash next week

KO91

The first two interceptions today I could live with. The last two were absolutely unacceptable. There was also two other unacceptable throws on tape which should have been picked. 

As a coach you need to emphasize to your players that turnovers are unacceptable. I don’t care where he was drafted. 

If he goes out next week and his careless with the football he needs to be sat down. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

I agree.  I like what the Patriots are doing with Mac Jones, where they give him plenty of safe plays for 2-3 yards at a time.  Its like the Chad Pennington theory of QBing.   Brady was like that as well for a number of years before his confidence grew in his ability to hit big chunk plays (was really 3-4 years before he started routinely hitting them).

Some teams unleash their gunslingers early, but for every Mahomes there are the graves of a thousand qbs like Jameis Winston.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

So is the working theory that he threw four picks because he wasn’t worried enough about his job, or what

It has nothing to do to with Wilson. Benching him sends a message to every guy in that locker room that if you don’t do your job you will be replaced. 

• Thumb Down 3

2 minutes ago, GQMartin said:

Brain dead thread. 

there’s no going back now. 

when the Jets front office said, after cutting a less Austin, “we are playing our young guys” that was a cryptic message for the fans to enjoy the dumpster fire  

And that’s what they need to do to purge all that sh*t from the past, they are trying build an identity,  a fresh start if you may. Fans have no patience for it, but might just have to accept it. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

It’s Gase level already and it’s only week 2. Thank goodness the NFL now play 17 games, we can torture ourselves even longer.

LOL, no it's not.

The refs screwed us all day, the defense was solid, and the line was much improved over week 1.

This team is on an upward trajectory and we have a gunslinger that can improvise like the best of them.  

I love the way the kid pushes the ball downfield after watching 2 decades Chad/Sanchez/Darnold dump offs.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jimmy 2 Times said:

LOL, no it's not.

The refs screwed us all day, the defense was solid, and the line was much improved over week 1.

This team is on an upward trajectory and we have a gunslinger that can improvise like the best of them.  

I love the way the kid pushes the ball downfield after watching 2 decades Chad/Sanchez/Darnold dump offs.  

What.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

F that.  Keep being aggressive, take your shots, and learn.

I love this kid more today than I did yesterday.

GUNSLINGER!  

How about we give him some more weapons?   Lets see what he looks like with Crowder, Cole, Davis and hopefully one day, Mims.   It is an insult to our intelligence to have to watch Braxton Berrios and Jeff Smith play meaningful minutes in a football game. 

1 hour ago, KO91 said:

The first two interceptions today I could live with. The last two were absolutely unacceptable. There was also two other unacceptable throws on tape which should have been picked. 

As a coach you need to emphasize to your players that turnovers are unacceptable. I don’t care where he was drafted. 

If he goes out next week and his careless with the football he needs to be sat down. 

Because....Mike White?

I think you're going to be disappointed.