Jets to be competitive next year?

Rhg1084

The team will slowly improve throughout the season, but it probably won't result in wins.

Hopefully JD finally spends some of that cap, while Zach is on his rookie deal, and we will see a massive leap next year.

Hopefully a couple quarterbacks start rocking and we can trade down for a ransom to start really stacking the cupboards. 

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

What’s the timeline on this rebuild… obviously this year is a lost year. Is next year when we are supposed to compete for a division/wild card 

LOL - while i never thought that this team was playoff bound this year; giving up on a 17 game season after 2 weeks is a bit of a over-reaction. In my book with the rest of this year to gel and get experience and another draft and off-season, if they Jets don't make the playoffs next year (especially with extra spot), we need to think about a change. JD would have been here 3+ years and got a shot at his franchise QB.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

The team will slowly improve throughout the season, but it probably won't result in wins.

Hopefully JD finally spends some of that cap, while Zach is on his rookie deal, and we will see a massive leap next year.

Hopefully a couple quarterbacks start rocking and we can trade down for a ransom to start really stacking the cupboards. 

Zach Wilson needs to be replaced not built around. 

49 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

LOL - while i never thought that this team was playoff bound this year; giving up on a 17 game season after 2 weeks is a bit of a over-reaction. In my book with the rest of this year to gel and get experience and another draft and off-season, if they Jets don't make the playoffs next year (especially with extra spot), we need to think about a change. JD would have been here 3+ years and got a shot at his franchise QB.

You think Jets will compete this year? For what? Division.. Wildcard?

The quote is that the season is now lost. This depends on what you call a loss. If your expectations were that the Jets were going to the playoffs, an 0-2 start or a bad game, or really bad game, shouldn't cause a change.

I NEVER thought they were going to the playoffs; my hope is that by the second half of the season, the team would be competitive and is in every game and will win more than half. I still think that is possible and may be likely.

11 hours ago, undertow said:

I'm not surprise this team has got off to a slow start but I am surprised we are still non competitive and inept on offense.  I mean Houston is scoring 30 a game with Tyrod Taylor.

This....

I'm struggling to understand what the game plan is here with this team. They look so far away. And I'm sure management doesn't have a clue what the game plan is either

• Upvote 1

Relax, it’s only the second game.  There were some improvements over game one. The defense played better and the oline was better.  Of course some of this was due to the way the patsies play versus Carolina.  The biggest issue was not giving Wilson plays he could easily execute.  They needed some screens and more quick throws and slants.  Most on the execution is on Wilson for maybe trying to go too deep.

• Upvote 1

The chances of competing for a wildcard next year are extremely long odds. We have bottom quartile position groups in LB, CB, EDGE, OL. I also have no confidence in our running game but it's impossible to tell if this is a consequence of a poor OL. Even the wildly optimistic view that Zach is going to be a FQB as early as week 1 next year there is just too much to fix to compete in 2022. Even with a masterful draft, a lot of rookies would be starting (again) for us. 2023 is the minimum timeframe.  If Zach misses, the timeframe becomes indeterminable, unless we have the chutzpah to bail early and go back to the draft well ala the Cardinals (and hit on that pick) or get "lucky" on a FA QB like the Titans did. I put "lucky" in quotes since it wasn't luck, it was foreseeable and extremely shrewd.

12 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

Hes actually hinting I think, while others arent saying, that after 2 games theyre throwing out the next 32 games or 33 games over the next 2 seasons.

12 hours ago, jgb said:

The future is always a season away for Jets fans

And some like you are always here to tell us what Jets fans are, think or say.

No shlt, the Jets fans act and say the same shlt that so many other fan bases say after losses or lost seasons.

Just now, Jet Nut said:

And some like you are always here to tell us what Jets fans are, think or say.

No shlt, the Jets fans act and say the same shlt that so many other fan bases say after losses or lost seasons.

Wut? I don't tell you what or how to think but I do reserve the right to disagree with you.