Jets to be competitive next year?

Rhg1084

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

Wut? I don't tell you what or how to think but I do reserve the right to disagree with you.

Dont tell me what Jets fans, all of them think.

Thats where I disagree with you here.  

Fans are fans.  I bet Bills fans when they were out of the playoffs 25 or so years said the same shlt, Dolphins fans etc.  

14 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

What’s the timeline on this rebuild… obviously this year is a lost year. Is next year when we are supposed to compete for a division/wild card 

I'm thinking the same thing because I keep getting told that JD is building this team the right way and Saleh is the right man for the job , but the Jets need time. Let me know when it's ok to complain I guess. I'm tired of watching garbage football. 

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Dont tell me what Jets fans, all of them think.

Thats where I disagree with you here.  

Fans are fans.  I bet Bills fans when they were out of the playoffs 25 or so years said the same shlt, Dolphins fans etc.  

If you want to argue that someone shouldn't tell all Jets fans what to think, you should probably find someone who actually does that.

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

If you want to argue that someone shouldn't tell all Jets fans what to think, you should probably find someone who actually does that.

Where did I say that?

I said stop telling us what we all think. 

Especially as if we're that different that other fans.  

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually its not close to the same thing

Telling Jets fans what to think isnt the same as claiming to know what all Jets fans think.

Hey, Don. Hop down from Rocinante and put down the lance. I have no idea what you're even arguing or accusing me off.

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

Hey, Don. Hop down from Rocinante and put down the lance. I have no idea what you're even arguing or accusing me off.

I'm not waging a war or even arguing.'

I made an observation, you tell us what all Jets fans think as if we all think as one or we dont think like other fanbases.  

Thats about the 4th time I've repeated it here for you, I'm not the one arguing.  

Tell me you dont do it or agree and its over

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I'm not waging a war or even arguing.'

I made an observation, you tell us what all Jets fans think as if we all think as one or we dont think like other fanbases.  

Thats about the 4th time I've repeated it here for you, I'm not the one arguing.  

Tell me you dont do it or agree and its over

The Drunkest You'll Ever Get: Green Fairy | by Alexander Chavers | Medium

• Haha 1

I think the plan has to be for the Jets to be competitive next season.

This year is about getting the kids - the youngest roster in the NFL - quality playing time and experience. The team should show improvement throughout the year as the rookies and 2nd year players get more comfortable with the scheme and their roles in it.

The coaching staff are rookies too, so this also applies to them.

Next year, the Jets have to be competitive. We are where the Browns where a few years ago, and they have done a good job of building a young team into a competitive team. That's the blueprint we are following.

This year will be tough to watch at times, like it was yesterday, but the pain will be worth it if we can field a competitive team next year. If we don't, that's when the pressure will really start to build on the Douglas regime.

16 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

I made that call before we drafted him. My concerns are just bearing obvious fruit.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Yup, case closed. I felt the same way about Trevor Lawrence. I wonder who the Jags are drafting next year, because they should be scouting guys. God, I hate being right, but it is what it is.