We have another Darnold...AKA Zack Wilson

No denying it..throwing into coverage instead of laying it out of bounds..hello Darnold once again..failing to make decisions that a decent high school QB knows to make..the MVP being the field goal kicker in this game....receivers can't catch, defense making tackles high on the body instead of cutting the legs out from under...looks like 2 and 14 for the season...poor drafts by JD...again  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 15

17 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

No denying it..throwing into coverage instead of laying it out of bounds..hello Darnold once again..failing to make decisions that a decent high school QB knows to make..the MVP being the field goal kicker in this game....receivers can't catch, defense making tackles high on the body instead of cutting the legs out from under...looks like 2 and 14 for the season...poor drafts by JD...again  

YoLO Balls!! Haha 

• Upvote 1

1. This is Zack's 2nd NFL game and first game against a tough secondary and a coach who has a history confusing rookie QBs

2. Zack still doesn't have the WRs and the OC is still struggling

3. According to most on this board, Sam is now a top tier QB based on the same first 2 games of the season - so, maybe being another Darnold is a good thing :-)

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

1. This is Zack's 2nd NFL game and first game against a tough secondary and a coach who has a history confusing rookie QBs

3. According to most on this board, Sam is now a top tier QB based on the same first 2 games of the season - so, maybe being another Darnold is a good thing :-)

Confused would have been fine. He looked like he just got here today. Was bizarre honestly. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Copernicus said:

Laughable. TWO games in and he's a bust? He almost single handedly beat Carolina last week and had a 4th quarter 93 yeard drive in crunch time against a above-average defense.That same defense pretty much shut out the Saints today who had 5 TDs the previous week , Zach's first two ints could have easily been batted to the ground and the second one even caught by Davis.THe non call on the fumble of the first drive for the Patriots was criminal. Imagine we are up 3-0 or 7-0 to start this game if that obvious call is made. Think it makes a difference? I'm so glad that's none of you are our GM.

He made some really poor throws, but that happens.  I love his aggressive nature and hope they don't try to coach that out of him.

I love him more today than yesterday.  The kid is going to be great, I have zero doubt.  

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

I was there live.  There were wide receivers open.  He never saw them, and when he did, he was extremely late.  The long ball early to Moore?  That should have been a TD.  Moore was wide open right away and Zach completely blew that opportunity for 6.

I don’t care that it’s his second game and after what I saw today up close, I especially don’t care what you think of LaFleur.  He had to scheme his entire game plan around a QB who, as of today, doesn’t belong on the NFL stage.  There were plenty of opportunities and Zach, no one else, didn’t execute.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I was there live.  There were wide receivers open.  He never saw them, and when he did, he was extremely late.  The long ball early to Moore?  That should have been a TD.  Moore was wide open right away and Zach completely blew that opportunity for 6.
I don’t care that it’s his second game.  I don’t care what you think of LaFleur.  He had to scheme his entire game plan around a QB who, as of today, doesn’t belong on the NFL stage.
Sounds like year 3 of the QB whi is now 2-0 in Carolina.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Confused would have been fine. He looked like he just got here today. Was bizarre honestly. 

Yeah, but we saw the same - even worse from Sam on his first game against BB; he saw ghosts. I lot of rookies do too. One really bad game for a rookie isn't a problem - he tried to force too much and Davis was double and triple covered; at the end of the year if he is still looking like this - than it is time to panic.

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

So, you think the Jets would be better off with Mac & Cheese Jones? Or maybe the problem isn't entirely with Wilson?

4 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Tells me coaching was a huge issue w/ Sam.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

This coaching staff had absolutely nothing to do with Darnold’s failures.  Just like Zach, he owns the blame.  The point of trading Darnold, however, was to improve the position, not make it worse.

4 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

So, you think the Jets would be better off with Mac & Cheese Jones? Or maybe the problem isn't entirely with Wilson?

I watched Zach Wilson ignore a wide open check down for a first down today to throw his second interception of the game on his second pass attempt.

Right now, yes, the Jets would be better off with Jones, who seems to know exactly where to go with the ball.

• Upvote 3