We have another Darnold...AKA Zack Wilson

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

This coaching staff had absolutely nothing to do with Darnold’s failures.  Just like Zach, he owns the blame.  The point of trading Darnold, however, was to improve the position, not make it worse.

In fairness, Zach still gets the benefit of the doubt to have a chance to improve. After year 3, its safe to say it won’t happen.

P.S. Sometimes you have to see a game live to understand what’s happening. Zach’s failure came through perfectly on tv today as well.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sammybighead said:

In fairness, Zach still gets the benefit of the doubt to have a chance to improve. After year 3, its safe to say it won’t happen.

P.S. Sometimes you have to see a game live to understand what’s happening. Zach’s failure came through perfectly on tv today as well.

If it was bad on TV, I can assure you that it was worse live.  After today I worry if we drafted the Josh Rosen of this class.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I was there live.  There were wide receivers open.  He never saw them, and when he did, he was extremely late.  The long ball early to Moore?  That should have been a TD.  Moore was wide open right away and Zach completely blew that opportunity for 6.

I don’t care that it’s his second game and after what I saw today up close, I especially don’t care what you think of LaFleur.  He had to scheme his entire game plan around a QB who, as of today, doesn’t belong on the NFL stage.  There were plenty of opportunities and Zach, no one else, didn’t execute.

I don't know about LaFleur -  but i will give a rookie a bust game or two. yeah, he was rattled and played poorly, but that is what happens to rookie QBs in this league; especially ones who come into bad team especially with new coaches. Remember, even if we had a lot of veterans, everyone on the team is learning a new system. Couple that with a lack of talent in a lot of areas, this stuff is going to happen.

Our team doesn't have a good enough offense to let him sit behind the line and lean on the running game. Patriot rookies come into a team where 40+ players and many of the starters know the system inside and out.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I was there live.  There were wide receivers open.  He never saw them, and when he did, he was extremely late.  The long ball early to Moore?  That should have been a TD.  Moore was wide open right away and Zach completely blew that opportunity for 6.

I don’t care that it’s his second game and after what I saw today up close, I especially don’t care what you think of LaFleur.  He had to scheme his entire game plan around a QB who, as of today, doesn’t belong on the NFL stage.  There were plenty of opportunities and Zach, no one else, didn’t execute.

Agree with all of this except, 2nd INT should’ve been a completion. Ball was high but very very catchable. 

16 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Oh please. The OC wasn't lobbing INTs into coverage.

From the very beginning everything was arm talent with this kid, oh look at that throw, that was a laser etc. They should as a CS know this kid is behind a suspect oline and not a very good team, no rush, development way more important.That is not what they have done, trying to hard from the beginning is all I am saying. 

33 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Yeah, but we saw the same - even worse from Sam on his first game against BB; he saw ghosts. I lot of rookies do too. One really bad game for a rookie isn't a problem - he tried to force too much and Davis was double and triple covered; at the end of the year if he is still looking like this - than it is time to panic.

FREE DENZEL?

18 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Wilson has physical ability, its patently clear to anyone. He has an aesthetically beautiful game, he's twitchy and his throwing mechanics are to die for. But he was never ready to play from day 1 in the NFL. He would have been best off sitting for a year and learning behind a veteran QB. The arrogance that this staff has that they could throw Wilson in from day 1, without a veteran backup QB, with the talent surrounding him is staggering. It is only 2 games, so he has plenty of time to turn it around, but those of you (I'm not going to name people, but I have the receipts) that were beating your chest, saying he had a brain like a super computer, that he was this ridiculous QB prospect that was an elite deep ball thrower who would thrive in this offense from day 1 because of its similarities to the BYU offense, were just not being realistic about your expectations. None of what I've seen surprises me in the least, but Jesus, if you were a Wilson supporter and your are bailing after 2 games, that is pretty weak. 

I’ll be off the ledge by Wednesday probably, but man, being there and seeing it all live hurt.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Would’ve been a better read but the throw and receiver although much harder completion was there 

I can understand the aggressiveness, believe me I do….but I can’t excuse missed reads.  Those make or break careers.

36 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

From the very beginning everything was arm talent with this kid, oh look at that throw, that was a laser etc. They should as a CS know this kid is behind a suspect oline and not a very good team, no rush, development way more important.That is not what they have done, trying to hard from the beginning is all I am saying. 

The CS only calls the plays. They don't make the decisions the QB makes. Wilson was awful today making terrible decisions to lob the ball up into coverage. That's not the fault of the coaches. It's on the QB.

He's a rookie. He will have more bad games. Hopefully he learns from them and grows. No need to deflect the fault to the coaches for what was plainly the fault of the QB.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The CS only calls the plays. They don't make the decisions the QB makes. Wilson was awful today making terrible decisions to lob the ball up into coverage. That's not the fault of the coaches. It's on the QB.

He's a rookie. He will have more bad games. Hopefully he learns from them and grows. No need to deflect the fault to the coaches for what was plainly the fault of the QB.

No deflection just looking at the big picture. He was awful no doubt. Not denying that just feel they tried to rush the kid along from the beginning. 

2 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

No denying it..throwing into coverage instead of laying it out of bounds..hello Darnold once again..failing to make decisions that a decent high school QB knows to make..the MVP being the field goal kicker in this game....receivers can't catch, defense making tackles high on the body instead of cutting the legs out from under...looks like 2 and 14 for the season...poor drafts by JD...again  

Just ******* dumb. 2 games in. Ya he stunk. But 2 games in this is the reaction? Go away. If he does turn it around guys posting sh*t like this should be banned on principle

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1