We have another Darnold...AKA Zack Wilson

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Damn I never saw so many QB gurus on one message board. 

No denying it..throwing into coverage instead of laying it out of bounds..hello Darnold once again..failing to make decisions that a decent high school QB knows to make..the MVP being the field goal k

Laughable. TWO games in and he's a bust? He almost single handedly beat Carolina last week and had a 4th quarter 93 yeard drive in crunch time against a above-average defense.That same defense pretty

Posted Images

12 hours ago, C Mart said:

22-30 189 yrds.  0-0

And about 60 of Wilson’s yards came on the last drive of the game. The idea is to win games, not stat pad your rookie QB. 

Mac didn’t need to do anything yesterday because Wilson handed NE the game on a silver platter. 

• Upvote 1

I forget the exact stat they showed during highlights last night.  I think it was that Darnold, Sanchez and now Wilson each had four pick games, which is not an easy task.

I've said this for years now: Why do we always seem to put a QB on the field who throws a boatload of INTs?   Geno, and even Fitz when he was here, was guilty of that abhorrent trait as well.  And so many of them were pick 6s.   It just becomes mind numbing after a while.   Like you're expecting an INT watching our QBs drop back.

His decision making really didn't bother me that much.  I was more concerned that his footwork looked atrocious after 1 week of getting killed in the NFL.  The first two picks were a bad pass that Davis knocked into the air and the second one went through his hands.  Not great decisions but they really weren't the reason we lost.  

The Pats have a legit defense and an OC that actually has a boatload of experience both developing QB's and calling plays.   Mac Jones played a scripted game that worked.  He was playing pitch and catch coupled with a great running game.  Zach certainly didn't look like he had a script.  It almost looked like Lefleurs plan was to rely on Zach to win the game.  The Pats simply covered our guys and took Davis out of the game.  When the score got a little out of hand they started showing him a lot of different looks and beating him up.  

Lefleur is asking Zach to lift the team and he's not ready to do it against the Pats.

• Upvote 1

All Gas, No Patience

This game was bad for our new rookie qb. This is game 2 not game 22. Belli makes most rookie QBs look like sh*t. One game does not make ZW a bust. What we need to do is continue to show improvement at all positions. The defense played well. Greg Van Roten needs to be replaced ASAP, he is terrible. 

I am hopeful that ZW will learn from this game and play better. There are no guarantees but I am more hopeful on ZW than I was on Darnold. However, Darnold is now succeeding in Carolina but again, Darnold has competent coaching now and CMC which is huge. We have a new coaching staff and no CMC type player on the roster yet. 

Lets have some patience, we all knew this year was going to be ugly before it looks better. The Oline is terrible and that needs to be fixed asap. Also, if crowder was out why keep Mims out as well? Mims can stretch the field, even as decoy, that would have helped open holes in the secondary. 

On to week 3 and the Broncos. 

LL

15 hours ago, FactsOnly said:

Difference is this was Sam the Can in year 3

Yeah, after 2 years of that moron Gase. So far 2-0, and beat a very good New Orleans yesterday. So maybe, just maybe, having zero talent around him and the worst head coach in the history of professional football (or maybe football at any level) was the real problem...

16 minutes ago, viffer said:

Yeah, after 2 years of that moron Gase. So far 2-0, and beat a very good New Orleans yesterday. So maybe, just maybe, having zero talent around him and the worst head coach in the history of professional football (or maybe football at any level) was the real problem...

He already has 3 turnovers in 2 games

this love affair with his average performance is mind boggling

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, KO91 said:

And about 60 of Wilson’s yards came on the last drive of the game. The idea is to win games, not stat pad your rookie QB. 

Mac didn’t need to do anything yesterday because Wilson handed NE the game on a silver platter. 

Yes, Wilson sucked. However, this isn’t about one game. Wilson looks like he has the ability to be the kind of QB that transcends the system. As a rookie in his second game, he might not be that but his talent as mentality is there. He still needs to work on his base though. 

Mac Jones put up basically the same game he did week 1 in a close game. 

I thought Zach was pretty cool post game esp for a 22 year old kid. Maybe he can handle being in NY. Of course if he starts hanging out in Manhattan with supermodels staying up late going to bars etc like Sam did (and almost all of us would) maybe there will be more 4 pick games. 

16 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

No denying it..throwing into coverage instead of laying it out of bounds..hello Darnold once again..failing to make decisions that a decent high school QB knows to make..the MVP being the field goal kicker in this game....receivers can't catch, defense making tackles high on the body instead of cutting the legs out from under...looks like 2 and 14 for the season...poor drafts by JD...again  

Look at Darnold now. Peyton Manning sucked until he got Marvin Harrison and Edgerrin James. Terry Bradshaw sucked until he got Lynn Swann, John Stallworth and Franco Harris. Darnold - with McCaffery and Anderson - looks a hell of a lot better that he ever did in NY. That's what it means to 'build around' your QB. Next draft will bring more help and things will get better. Got to improve the OL before it can though.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I mean for me, it OOZES how important it is to have a vet QB on the roster with a rookie QB. No way Zach should have seen the field until midway though the season. But that's just me. Remember this kid is a rookie and 2 games is a terrible sample size to make a judgement. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

I thought Zach was pretty cool post game esp for a 22 year old kid. Maybe he can handle being in NY. Of course if he starts hanging out in Manhattan with supermodels staying up late going to bars etc like Sam did (and almost all of us would) maybe there will be more 4 pick games. 

I can say with confidence that Zach Wilson will not be hanging out late in bars.

13 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

Zach just needs weaponz😆

He has Corey Davis one of the best receivers in the NFL and was only 2 for 8 with him yesterday. Maybe they were double teaming him not sure. The other guys are ok mostly below average but guys who can play but not consistently make impact catches. We are weak at tight end. He could have used Crowder yesterday as an outlet receiver esp on third downs. I also thought the play selection didn’t work on makeable downs he threw deep unsuccessfully. You wanted the O to stay on the field and try to match NEP who put their rookie QB in a better place to win. Their execution a lot better but so was their game plan. Wilson has the arm but so far not the accuracy. I’d give him an easier to run offense. 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, KO91 said:

JC. No sh*t. Oh no a rookie QB sh*t the bed game 2 of his NFL career against a Belichick coached team. 

Jones is playing for Belichick & McDaniel. He went in the first. I’d be surprised if he didn’t play well. 

WTH were you people bitching here expecting yesterday?  And stop blaming Wilson for the long list of Jets QBs that didn’t work out. 

This is so typical of this fan base. Be a fanatic of the team but at least have some common sense. 

Yes, we all want wins but with a new regime including a rookie HC, OC, QB it is going to take time. I get it, it’s been x yrs of this. Again, that’s not Saleh, Wilson’s fault so why get pissed off at them 2 freaking weeks in?  Stop doing that to yourself.  Be pissed off at the never ending 3 yr regime changes resulting in roster overhauls. 

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

JC. No sh*t. Oh no a rookie QB sh*t the bed game 2 of his NFL career against a Belichick coached team. 

Jones is playing for Belichick & McDaniel. He went in the first. I’d be surprised if he didn’t play well. 

WTH were you people bitching here expecting yesterday?  And stop blaming Wilson for the long list of Jets QBs that didn’t work out. 

This is so typical of this fan base. Be a fanatic of the team but at least have some common sense. 

Yes, we all want wins but with a new regime including a rookie HC, OC, QB it is going to take time. I get it, it’s been x yrs of this. Again, that’s not Saleh, Wilson’s fault so why get pissed off at them 2 freaking weeks in?  Stop doing that to yourself.  Be pissed off at the never ending 3 yr regime changes resulting in roster overhauls. 

Exactly the same argument many posted about Sanchez, Geno, Darnold, Gase, Mcc, Idzik......

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Exactly the same argument many posted about Sanchez, Geno, Darnold, Gase, Mcc, Idzik......

So 2 games in you assume we will see the same result?  

4 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Yesterday was one of the 5 worst QB performances I have ever witnessed. 4 INTs on 11 attempts. Should have probably been 6! 

The only thing close from a Jets perspective was Geno’s 2/8 3INT debacle

5 minutes ago, C Mart said:

The problem with giving Zack the benefit of the doubt is what did he do in college to make you all think he’s so scary talented?  He was a one year wonder that got stats facing bottom of the barrel programs 

1 minute ago, KO91 said:

Yesterday was one of the 5 worst QB performances I have ever witnessed. 4 INTs on 11 attempts. Should have probably been 6! 

The only thing close from a Jets perspective was Geno’s 2/8 3INT debacle

So what. It’s 1 freakin game. Game 2 of his NFL career. 

4 minutes ago, C Mart said:

So 2 games in you assume we will see the same result?  

Not entirely.  But I see the same trend.  Four pick games are somewhat of a rarity.  Yet, Sanchez, Geno, Darnold, and now Zack have all done it.  It scares me, C Mart.

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Not entirely.  But I see the same trend.  Four pick games are somewhat of a rarity.  Yet, Sanchez, Geno, Darnold, and now Zack have all done it.  It scares me, C Mart.

How about we let the season play out. 

Ive grown to primarily stay in the moment. Why get pissed off or worry at something in the past or future.  I guess that’s not something conducive to message boards. 

Just now, C Mart said:

How about we let the season play out. 

Ive grown to primarily stay in the moment. Why get pissed off or worry at something in the past or future.  I guess that’s not something conducive to message boards. 

I'm trying, man.  It just gets daunting watching lots of the same problems for now 56 years.  But I'll try to stay in the moment even though many of those moments are calamities.

zYs3POp.gif?noredirect

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

I'm trying, man.  It just gets daunting watching lots of the same problems for now 56 years.  But I'll try to stay in the moment even though many of those moments are calamities.

zYs3POp.gif?noredirect

I hear ya. I could be wrong - god knows I have been the past 50 yrs.  I just sense a different feel with Saleh & Wilson. Saleh is very sharp, prepared and so far is easily handling the moron jet beat writers. 

Wilson seems to be able to move on from the prior play, remain confident and upbeat. Now, if this continues the next 2 months will that remain or will he show signs or discouragement, deer in headlight look? 

• Upvote 1