Being a Jet fan right now sucks….

FlagmanL11

5 minutes ago, FlagmanL11 said:

Being a Jet fan right now sucks…. As I watch the Red Zone channel and see all the playmakers out there and we have none. Pathetic how many draft misses this team makes. 

Braxton berrios is a nice player but when he is your first or second playmaker, you have issues

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 2

Just now, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I finally see a light at the end of the loooong tunnel.

This team has been slowly killing me for 36 years.

People screamed for a complete over haul and they're finally doing it the right way.  

This year is the lowest the team will be for the next 20 years.

I really would not but super super upset if Douglas's 1st draft was not looking like a total disaster at this point.  Hey i do not expect him to hit on everything but that 1st draft is looking bad.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

I really would not but super super upset if Douglas's 1st draft was not looking like a total disaster at this point.  Hey i do not expect him to hit on everything but that 1st draft is looking bad.

The first draft does look bad, but circumstances were very poor that year.

-Covid (limited scouting, etc)

-Drafted for a different scheme

He took the high level/athletically gifted players with the limited knowledge available to him.

Once Davis and Ticket get back on the field, the draft will be solid.  Then if Mims ever gets his metal stuff figured out, the draft will be a home run.  

2021 draft looks great on early returns.

JD needs to spend this year while Zach is on the rookie deal.  The team isn't far away and it will come very soon!

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

I might be in the minority, but I am enjoying the process. I knew going into the season that we were going to watch some serious growing pains. I had the offense playing better, and the defense struggling, but I got that backwards. This year has always been about growth and progress. You can be mad and frustrated about how long the process will take, but you couldn't possibly think that this team was going to be competitive.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

lets see who jumps off the bridge this week.

ok so Zach had a rough game, and last week he was our best player. RELAX guys. rookie will have ups and down.

everything but Zach looked better than last week. 

the OL looked better. 4 sacks instead of 6. Zach didnt take any really bad hits. and the Running game was really good.

Johnson and Carter got over 50 yds each. they avg over 4 ypc. they looked really good. especially Carter who also had 2 catches for 29 yds.

Davis had a bad day. Moore made some catches, gotta give this kid a chance. and Berrios looked good too. 

Defense had another good game. 

now if we can put it all together for a game we could win. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, doitny said:

lets see who jumps off the bridge this week.

ok so Zach had a rough game, and last week he was our best player. RELAX guys. rookie will have ups and down.

everything but Zach looked better than last week. 

the OL looked better. 4 sacks instead of 6. Zach didnt take any really bad hits. and the Running game was really good.

Johnson and Carter got over 50 yds each. they avg over 4 ypc. they looked really good. especially Carter who also had 2 catches for 29 yds.

Davis had a bad day. Moore made some catches, gotta give this kid a chance. and Berrios looked good too. 

Defense had another good game. 

now if we can put it all together for a game we could win. 

I disagree that everyone but zach looked better. The WR most certainly did not. How often didn’t any WR beat the coverage? They were rarely open.

I cannot imagine how bad Mims has to be in practice if he’s unable to beat out these guys for playing time.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I disagree that everyone but zach looked better. The WR most certainly did not. How often didn’t any WR beat the coverage? They were rarely open.

I cannot imagine how bad Mims has to be in practice if he’s unable to beat out these guys for playing time.

The issue is that a veteran QB will see the WR's are covered and take all the check downs and manage the game until he can get the big chunks later on.  Zach is a wild mustang still and was trying to win the Super Bowl in his 2nd game ever.  He will get better.  I saw a lot of garbage today but it was all stuff that can be coached up.  He wanted to do too much and got smacked down.  Let's see how he responds after a week of hearing how great he looked to what happens when he hears boos, THEN finish the season and decide who to draft for our next QB...

14 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

You might be the tone deaf one considering the Islanders are the only professional team in the NYC area worth a damn right now.

They’re a great team. Undeniable.  But for the Jets to not understand rivalries and the melting pot of their fan base is just another brick in the wall for me.   

No different than the PA telling fans to “get loud” on third down in the 4th quarter of a blowout.  Or celebrating raffle tickets after an interception.   Or giving away $5 gift cards to Dunkin’ Donuts.  Or announcing that the 3rd quarter is about to start and get back to your seats.  After a year away we deserved better.  It’s all tone deaf and embarrassing.  

SAR I

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

They’re a great team. Undeniable.  But for the Jets to not understand rivalries and the melting pot of their fan base is just another brick in the wall for me.   

No different than the PA telling fans to “get loud” on third down in the 4th quarter of a blowout.  Or celebrating raffle tickets after an interception.   Or giving away $5 gift cards to Dunkin’ Donuts.  After a year away we deserved better.  It’s all tone deaf and embarrassing.  

SAR I

I can't believe that baffoon Joe Nolan is still screaming at NY Jets games on the PA

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, SAR I said:

No different than the PA telling fans to “get loud” on third down in the 4th quarter of a blowout.  Or celebrating raffle tickets after an interception.   Or giving away $5 gift cards to Dunkin’ Donuts.  It’s all tone deaf and embarrassing.  

SAR I

Except that the idea that 50,000 people in that building are Rangers fans is a complete fabrication of your imagination. 

No one is surprised however, as your ego is well established as one that can easily believe that his own opinions are the dominant ones in most cases. 

Just now, JetPotato said:

Except that the idea that 50,000 people in that building are Rangers fans is a complete fabrication of your imagination. 

No one is surprised however, as your ego is well established as one that can easily believe that his own opinions are the dominant ones in most cases. 

The Islanders are a good team but there  are no Islander fans.  I’ve been to a ton of Ranger games on Islander ice, no fans there.  Today it’s just frontrunning Mets fans jumping on the bandwagon.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1

I still enjoy it thoroughly.  This will probably sound very weird, but for me it’s 100% true.

I follow 3 sports “franchises” very closely.  The Jets, The Dodgers and the Iowa Hawkeyes football and basketball.

Being a Dodger fan is nice because they have been consistently “pretty good” for  pretty much my entire life.  Always relevant.  Then recently have been the cream of the crop.

Iowa is more of my mid level team.  They are usually respectable.  Occasionally have some lean years, but far more good than bad, and some occasional very good teams, but never elite elite.

Then my dearest Jets.  I’m just as passionate about the Jets as the other 2.  I probably follow the “ins and outs” of the Jets more, although Baseball is my favorite sport.  I just love following the Jets.  And I firmly believe the reason why is “The Chase”.  The thrill of trying to conquer that mountain keeps me coming back and always will.  The lows make the highs taste more sweet. I love the God damn Jets.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I’m 59… I remember being a kid from basically 1971 to 1979 the Jets sucked.    NO ONE was a Jets fan.  Then the period from about 1987 to 1996, couldn’t give tickets away    

THIS may be the worst.  You couldn’t suck this bad if you tried. 

It is absolutely ownership. 

It’s does start at the top and the selection of those responsible for player drafting and of course coaching. JD is whiffing on way too many draft picks. 

• Upvote 1