Being a Jet fan right now sucks….

FlagmanL11

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I really would not but super super upset if Douglas's 1st draft was not looking like a total disaster at this point.  Hey i do not expect him to hit on everything but that 1st draft is looking bad.

Do you know how hard it is to whiff that many picks when all the picks have to do is beat out the least talented team in the NFL? We aren’t exactly looking for upgrades to world beaters here.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, jgb said:

Do you know how hard it is to whiff that many picks when all the picks have to do is beat out the least talented team in the NFL? We aren’t exactly looking for upgrades to world beaters here.

This.  A draft pick that can't beat out an incumbent on the Jets shouldn't be in the NFL at all.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

12 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I finally see a light at the end of the loooong tunnel.

This team has been slowly killing me for 36 years.

People screamed for a complete over haul and they're finally doing it the right way.  

This year is the lowest the team will be for the next 20 years.

The Dolphins are going to trade for Deshaun Watson and the Jets will be the worst team in the division for the next five years, minimum.

11 hours ago, doitny said:

lets see who jumps off the bridge this week.

ok so Zach had a rough game, and last week he was our best player. RELAX guys. rookie will have ups and down.

everything but Zach looked better than last week. 

the OL looked better. 4 sacks instead of 6. Zach didnt take any really bad hits. and the Running game was really good.

Johnson and Carter got over 50 yds each. they avg over 4 ypc. they looked really good. especially Carter who also had 2 catches for 29 yds.

Davis had a bad day. Moore made some catches, gotta give this kid a chance. and Berrios looked good too. 

Defense had another good game. 

now if we can put it all together for a game we could win. 

Let's not get too far over our skis, mate.

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Dolphins are going to trade for Deshaun Watson and the Jets will be the worst team in the division for the next five years, minimum.

I'll probably lose interest if we are stuck as the Lions of the AFC East for 5 more years after coming off a decade of no playoffs. That's 15 plus years of no playoffs and terrible football.

11 hours ago, FlagmanL11 said:

I hope Woody knows this. He leaves the keys to one of the most valuable franchises to his DDUMBER THAN sh*t brother.

Think about that... Chris guided this team to the worst record in ALL of sports.

Woody appoints GM's in the same manner. Woody has NO ability to guage talent.

I worked for PWC in NYC for many years and have met MANY smart people with no sports acumen.

I GUARANTEE they would have done MUCH better than Woody. Hiring is a skill, developed over years.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I really would not but super super upset if Douglas's 1st draft was not looking like a total disaster at this point.  Hey i do not expect him to hit on everything but that 1st draft is looking bad.

i'm not sure how anyone can say this. becton, davis, mann, perrine, and clark are injured.  you can make a case for zuniga and morgan being bad picks.  mims didn't play due to coaches decision.  huff did play.  douglas got 5 players out of the 2020 draft and two of those becton, and mims, might be special.

i'm not sure a lot of people appreciate how bad this team became over the past 7-8 seasons.  it's almost like they were laid off and are now finally getting reactivated.  they have rookies and first year players all over and a newbie coaching staff.  it's going to take time for this to come around.  and being a competitive team has nothing to do with record just yet.  yesterday was bad but maily because of bad qb play.  other parts of the team did improve noticeably over game one.  we should expect more improvement this next week and so on.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, rangerous said:

i'm not sure a lot of people appreciate how bad this team became over the past 7-8 seasons.  it's almost like they were laid off and are now finally getting reactivated.  they have rookies and first year players all over and a newbie coaching staff.  it's going to take time for this to come around.  and being a competitive team has nothing to do with record just yet.  yesterday was bad but maily because of bad qb play.  other parts of the team did improve noticeably over game one.  we should expect more improvement this next week and so on.

The problem is Woody has been the de facto GM since before Tanny even got fired.  The Tebow trade and us subsequently passing on Russell Wilson was Woody taking over the FO in 2012

Tanny, Idzik, Mac, and JD are all yes men getting big fat paychecks from Woody.  Us fans have to watch this train wreck get worse every year 

Only to stop this nonsense is to trade for Watson.  At least we will have a qb

• Thumb Down 2

18 hours ago, SAR I said:

Yeah, but they forced the Islanders on 50,000 Rangers fans.  Talk about tone deaf. 

SAR I

If you're a Jets fan and a rangers fan you're doing it wrong...?  I know you didn't have any hockey playoffs to watch the last few years but they we're returning the favor from the playoffs last season...LGI!

29 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

I think they are earnestly pursuing success, even if they have not achieved it thus far.

I agree, but where is the commitment to winning?

Saying they're committed to "pursuing improvement" is like my daughter trying to convince me that instead of a 50 she got a 60 on her last physics exam.  That's great sweetheart, but it's not going to get you into Cornell.

SAR I

31 minutes ago, islesmb said:

If you're a Jets fan and a rangers fan you're doing it wrong...?  I know you didn't have any hockey playoffs to watch the last few years but they we're returning the favor from the playoffs last season...LGI!

I am completely satisfied with our Stanley Cup win in 1994 and as such I don't worry about the Rangers or not making the playoffs at all.  I was at Game 7, I saw the Cup with my own eyes, won't get any better than that, I don't need anything more from that team, I'm good.

Jets on the other hand...

SAR I

YES being a jet fan almost always sucks but especially right now because we had a newer gm, a new coach and a new franchise qb all on display at once and it couldnt have been a worse 2 weeks of football. Laughing stocks. Even enemy fans dont have the heart to poke fun at us......

Not sure why u guys dont understand the significance of all this

19 hours ago, SAR I said:

They’re a great team. Undeniable.  But for the Jets to not understand rivalries and the melting pot of their fan base is just another brick in the wall for me.   

No different than the PA telling fans to “get loud” on third down in the 4th quarter of a blowout.  Or celebrating raffle tickets after an interception.   Or giving away $5 gift cards to Dunkin’ Donuts.  Or announcing that the 3rd quarter is about to start and get back to your seats.  After a year away we deserved better.  It’s all tone deaf and embarrassing.  

SAR I

What tells you the Jets, who are in the same market dont know about rivalries. 

What does any of it have to do with gift cards or any other things theyre trying to do to make this rebuild more enjoyable to the suckers who plunked down PSLs sitting in the stands?  All while  explaining the concept of "Investment Gold" that you were selling through the two worst seasons provided by your Football God