Being a Jet fan right now sucks….

FlagmanL11

20 hours ago, FlagmanL11 said:

Being a Jet fan right now sucks…. As I watch the Red Zone channel and see all the playmakers out there and we have none. Pathetic how many draft misses this team makes. 

This team was ranked 7th in total franchise worth, the NFL has no reason to prop up this franchise because it’s profitable regardless.

At the end of the day this is a entertainment league 1st (see the Jets fan lawsuit) and the Jets being terrible is not only profitable but headline grabbing. 

These NFL owners sell “hope” to the terrible franchises like ours with the occasional hall of fame player or hyped up rookie QB rinse and repeat.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

I'll probably lose interest if we are stuck as the Lions of the AFC East for 5 more years after coming off a decade of no playoffs. That's 15 plus years of no playoffs and terrible football.

No, you won’t, trust me.

Rooting for this team doesn’t make any sense, but we do it.
We get angry, we rant, we rave, we feel sorry for ourselves at times, but let’s face it… we aren’t going anywhere. This bunch of hapless clowns will always be your team. Mine too. 
Just accept it, and keep hoping someday things will get better.

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, islesmb said:

If you're a Jets fan and a rangers fan you're doing it wrong...?  I know you didn't have any hockey playoffs to watch the last few years but they we're returning the favor from the playoffs last season...LGI!

Hey the Rangers gave me the ONLY Championship from my teams in my lifetime!

• Upvote 1

On 9/19/2021 at 3:51 PM, FlagmanL11 said:

Being a Jet fan right now sucks…. As I watch the Red Zone channel and see all the playmakers out there and we have none. Pathetic how many draft misses this team makes. 

Actually being a Jets fan right now is ok. We have a QB. We have a brand new HC that other teams actually wanted. We have a brand new HC that fa’s want to play for. We have some good young players. We have cap room and draft picks.

Remember last year and “tanking for Trevor”.  The W/L outlook may be bad, but it isn’t bad like last year.  We can get through this year without drugs and alcohol—if we want to. 

11 hours ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Hey the Rangers gave me the ONLY Championship from my teams in my lifetime!

I'll always have the '86 Mets. My first sports memory was Game 6. The Mookie grounder. My dad's reaction was a thing of joy I'll always remember fondly.

• Upvote 2

On 9/20/2021 at 7:31 AM, playtowinthegame said:

I'll probably lose interest if we are stuck as the Lions of the AFC East for 5 more years after coming off a decade of no playoffs. That's 15 plus years of no playoffs and terrible football.

If you haven’t lost interest by now idk if you ever will. What’s another 5 years right?

• Haha 1

On 9/19/2021 at 6:57 PM, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I finally see a light at the end of the loooong tunnel.

This team has been slowly killing me for 36 years.

People screamed for a complete over haul and they're finally doing it the right way.  

This year is the lowest the team will be for the next 20 years.

36 years LOL Whats that bring it back to? 1985? Rookie!

I figured with such a young team and inexperienced coaching staff the first half of the year would be rough. I was hoping we would win a few the second half and show enough talent that we didn't need to draft another QB. I actually started laughing after the 3rd interception. We will see how mentally tough the kid is this week. Baby steps...

So it's all my fault just so you guys know. I'm fast approaching 64 and remember that I was once a Yankee fan rooting for Mel S. as my favorite pitcher, not even knowing much about sports back then. Then at 11 them damn blasted METS, JETS and KNICKS all won championships in the same year, and being an impressionable youngster switched from the Yankees to these 3. It was Bud Harrelson's fault to agreeing to come to my town's baseball dinner as a special guest. Thus, downhill it became.

Seriously though, this regime, minus the fact we still have the Johnson's is giving me hope. I know it doesn't look like it at the moment, but I've got to hope that we've turned the corner, and it will take a bit of time. If not, then I'm guessing I'll just have to leave this S$%^& behind also, because I've already stopped watching baseball and basketball years ago...

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

So it's all my fault just so you guys know. I'm fast approaching 64 and remember that I was once a Yankee fan rooting for Mel S. as my favorite pitcher, not even knowing much about sports back then. Then at 11 them damn blasted METS, JETS and KNICKS all won championships in the same year, and being an impressionable youngster switched from the Yankees to these 3. It was Bud Harrelson's fault to agreeing to come to my town's baseball dinner as a special guest. Thus, downhill it became.

Seriously though, this regime, minus the fact we still have the Johnson's is giving me hope. I know it doesn't look like it at the moment, but I've got to hope that we've turned the corner, and it will take a bit of time. If not, then I'm guessing I'll just have to leave this S$%^& behind also, because I've already stopped watching baseball and basketball years ago...

There’s hope,  when the Jets are picking 1st overall in 2024 we will draft Arch Manning

• Haha 1

On 9/22/2021 at 8:15 AM, ToonforPrez said:

So sorry for the pain i remember mine and it was just as painful . All i can say is hang in there as brighter days are coming.

Just being a smart ass. Been through the ringer with this team since the 80’s. Tailgating is what keeps me going.