Jump to content

After 2 games, here’s what I know.


Green Ghost
 Share

Recommended Posts

This team is going to be even worse than it looks on paper. Why? We’ve played two games against what are probably middle of the pack teams and have been beaten handily both times. The CS hasn’t impressed, and the GM has put together a roster that has expansion team level talent.

The Offense. Game 1 the Panthers brought the house against Zach and our OL was overwhelmed. Game 2 the Patriots sat back, their secondary took away our top WR and the Safeties kept everything in front of them. This time Zach was overwhelmed. Let’s just say I’m not optimistic about next week when we play on the road in Denver against a really good defense. 

The Defense. They haven’t been embarrassed in either game, but here’s the thing that concerns me. Both teams we played have QBs (Darnold and Jones) who at best are the “just don’t lose the game for us” types, neither are top 20 QBs. Yet both were able to beat us comfortably. What happens when the Jets play a team with a top QB and high flying offense looking to go full throttle? 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Zach is going to struggle again next week in Denver.  But will have a nice game against the titans in week 4 and an even better game against the falcons in week 5.  He will then take step back and have a rough one in New England.  And this up and down performances will go on all year.

Thats what happens with rookie qbs in year 1 the majority of time.  Jet fans are dumb though so u cant expect them to realize this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

honestly, i think if we had a different OC, and maybe someone who isn't throwing pop warner balls, and this team at least 1-1. 

The patriots barely did anything today. You couple an bad OC with bad QB play and you look like this. 

I don’t know, there was never a point where I felt like we were going to win either game. In fact it looked like both teams were handed two score leads pretty easily, and both felt no pressure at all to try to increase those leads.

Whether that’s on the OC, the QB or whoever, it’s concerning because neither are going anywhere. Two mediocre teams have handled us with ease, and I’m not seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

honestly, i think if we had a different OC, and maybe someone who isn't throwing pop warner balls, and this team at least 1-1. 

The patriots barely did anything today. You couple an bad OC with bad QB play and you look like this. 

Yup.  We beat ourselves today.  NE didn't do anything special other than take the game we handed them.  If the QB plays like this again, we will lose handily again regardless of who we play. 

Last week, Carolina played well and beat us.  This week, we beat ourselves.  Solid defense, but inept offense.  I have seen this show before.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I don’t know, there was never a point where I felt like we were going to win either game. In fact it looked like both teams were handed two score leads pretty easily, and both felt no pressure at all to try to increase those leads.

Whether that’s on the OC, the QB or whoever, it’s concerning because neither are going anywhere. Two mediocre teams have handled us with ease, and I’m not seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.

Of course there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Only 15 more games to go.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Paradis said:

honestly, i think if we had a different OC, and maybe someone who isn't throwing pop warner balls, and this team at least 1-1. 

The patriots barely did anything today. You couple an bad OC with bad QB play and you look like this. 

I beat the drum for an experienced OC and Vet QB to take the lumps with a young coaching staff. You have to let Saleh pick his coaches, but his decisions to go rookie coordinators and no veteran QB to eat the early season sh*tshow is questionable. 

3 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Of course there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Only 15 more games to go.

I think we know the real reason they added a 17th game. It's a direct slap in the face to Jets fans. 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Zach is going to struggle again next week in Denver.  But will have a nice game against the titans in week 4 and an even better game against the falcons in week 5.  He will then take step back and have a rough one in New England.  And this up and down performances will go on all year.

Thats what happens with rookie qbs in year 1 the majority of time.  Jet fans are dumb though so u cant expect them to realize this.

Let’s not play the “I know how he’s going to play in game x,y and z game.” You have no idea how he’ll perform in any of them. Neither does he, or the CS for that matter.

We have tape on two games with the kid.That’s all we know about Zach Wilson as a NFL QB.

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

honestly, i think if we had a different OC, and maybe someone who isn't throwing pop warner balls, and this team at least 1-1. 
The patriots barely did anything today. You couple an bad OC with bad QB play and you look like this. 


The pats do what they always do. They play vanilla mistake free football and wait for other teams to **** up.

The thing the pats are amazing at is capitalizing on opponent mistakes


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Green Ghost said:

Let’s not play the “I know how he’s going to play in game x,y and z game.” You have no idea how he’ll perform in any of them. Neither does he, or the CS for that matter.

We have tape on two games with the kid, that’s all we know about Zach Wilson.

 

Ok, but please find me after exactly what I said happens.  Ill give u lottery numbers.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yup.  We beat ourselves today.  NE didn't do anything special other than take the game we handed them.  If the QB plays like this again, we will lose handily again regardless of who we play. 

Last week, Carolina played well and beat us.  This week, we beat ourselves.  Solid defense, but inept offense.  I have seen this show before.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Ok, but please find me after exactly what I said happens.  Ill give u lottery numbers.

I love your posts, they’re clever and funny, so I’ll do you one better.

If the day ever comes when we’re all posting “Thank you Joe Douglas! Thank you!” I’ll not only find you, I’ll make sure everyone knows you’re the one who saw it coming before everyone else. 🍻

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...