I rewatched the game, we’ll be fine. Have a seat..

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Positives: basically everything about the offensive support and defense 

Negatives: Zach Wilson 

It’s okay for Wilson to suck in a game. If he sucks for 3 games in a row and repeats the same mistakes then we should look to draft Desmond Ridder. 

I don’t think I can handle another young QB. At this point I’d try to swing a deal with Minnesota for Kirk Cousins. Just give me a professional NFL QB. 

• Thumb Down 4
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

Most rookies have a meltdown game where they revert to their worst tendencies and play hero ball. The big thing will be to see if he learns anything and keeps his composure going forward. Not gonna give up on him just yet, but obviously would have liked to see some better performances out the gate.

• Upvote 2

I got pissed off when he had Kroft wide open across the middle, kept looking around and by the time he got the ball to him all he could do was fall out of bounds.  Just get the ball into the hands of your players and let them do things.  Now I would want that to be any number of people ahead of Kroft in that situation to 'let your players play', but damn kid, good QB's make all the throws, not just the highlights.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Wilson had a tendency to look for big gainers down the sideline in college. It’s a part of his charm and something he needs to work on. Belichick knew this and played with 2 deep safeties often. Eliminate the big play and force Wilson to be methodical. 

Belicheck read Wilson like a book. He knew that Wilson was ramped up and was going to try and make big plays and he was right. Wilson is super talented - he will get it but it’s gonna take some time. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Literally looking right past the wide open man underneath. To say f u I’m going for a big gain here. Hero ball.
He’ll learn. Hopefully

This is who he was in college though.  The kids a mess, it's a huge project.  I'm almost of mind that they need to call a vet, maybe Cam, idk, someone to take the reins while he nurses his "wrist" or some sh*t back to health. 

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Ok more like skimmed through on game pass just on offensive positions. But still…

Run game had a very good day. Carter was awesome. 
And that was about it for the offense. 

Down in the red zone. I get you’re running well but can’t run it 3 straight and kick a fg. Nope. 

Saleh said Zach needs to play boring and that was so apparent rewatching it. Kroft was wide open for a first down and decides to push it downfield to Davis. Missed some check downs as well. I do think Crowder being back could help that greatly. We’ll see. 

By the time the 3rd and 4th pick came, the Pats D just teed off and it was over.  

Lefluer also needs to dial it back a bit. Your run game is working, give your QB short easy reads and move the ball. 

But you know what this all sounds like? A rookie QB and rookie OC making some mistakes in their 2nd game ever together. Let’s hope Wilson learns to be okay with just taking the boring throws. Let’s hope Lefluer learns when to give him those throws and make it a bit easier. 

Aright, that’s all I got. If they do this again next week, dump this thread and we riot. Go Jets!

You watched this again? Seriously? 

• Haha 2

Ok more like skimmed through on game pass just on offensive positions. But still…

Down in the red zone. I get you’re running well but can’t run it 3 straight and kick a fg. Nope. 

Saleh said Zach needs to play boring and that was so apparent rewatching it. Kroft was wide open for a first down and decides to push it downfield to Davis. Missed some check downs as well. I do think Crowder being back could help that greatly. We’ll see. 

By the time the 3rd and 4th pick came, the Pats D just teed off and it was over.  

Lefluer also needs to dial it back a bit. Your run game is working, give your QB short easy reads and move the ball. 

But you know what this all sounds like? A rookie QB and rookie OC making some mistakes in their 2nd game ever together. Let’s hope Wilson learns to be okay with just taking the boring throws. Let’s hope Lefluer learns when to give him those throws and make it a bit easier. 

Aright, that’s all I got. If they do this again next week, dump this thread and we riot. Go Jets!

Pretty sure I remember this same post a few years ago from SamtoRobbie

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

This sounds like the same thread I read for Darnold. 

and geno.

And mark 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Pretty sure I remember this same post a few years ago from SamtoRobbie

7 hours ago, Paradis said:

This sounds like the same thread I read for Darnold. 

and geno.

And mark 

Thank you for being long term followers. But no. That’s lazy.

Darnold sucked because of bad coaching/drafting. 
Geno sucked because he sucks. 
Mark sucked because of he sucks/poor roster management. 

• Upvote 1