I rewatched the game, we’ll be fine. Have a seat..

11 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Wether Mims knows the other routes or not the offense needs him in there if just to take some pressure off Corey Davis. Zack is gonna learn to take what the defense gives him. It was obvious that he was trying to do too much - home opener - in front of his fans. Zach will get better - a lot better.

Exactly. Zach wants to throw to a big strong  receiver. The one out there is triple covered , what to do? Put another one out there! Doesn’t matter what he knows or doesn’t, it matters he’s big, physical and can catch contested balls. Damn! Ain’t that hard. FREE DENZEl!!

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Literally looking right past the wide open man underneath. To say f u I’m going for a big gain here. Hero ball.
He’ll learn. Hopefully. 

2CB39EDB-E21A-4884-A88B-9B5CCF0E606F.png

D3072FC9-C383-49F7-AAB0-CEA1E75974CC.png

40699505-3B96-4B3F-AAFE-288BECD9AC1B.png

He's trying to be the savior of the franchise on every play. It's understandable with this franchise, that first home game atmosphere, his confidence in his arm and that he just turned 22. 

At some point he'll find the balance between doing too much and doing too little depending on game situation and what the defense is giving him and then we'll have something.

4 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Thank you for being long term followers. But no. That’s lazy.

Darnold sucked because of bad coaching/drafting. 
Geno sucked because he sucks. 
Mark sucked because of he sucks/poor roster management. 

OK, if we're gonna be adults about this - then lets be honest - you can't point to one thing for any of those guys. They all narratives such as yours when they started out. Wilson has the most arm talent and natural at the position vs all these other names - and by all accounts the head on his shoulders to match. 

But he's not immune to going down with the ship. I think Bryce Hall was the only active players yesterday from 2020 draft.

There's problems.

I think what will help Wilson a lot is when we have guys underneath that are open, they need to raise their hand for Wilson instead of just running. Zach Wilson and Justin Herbert had similar QBR and Ratings against Belichick. People just need to stop being in panic mode. Once Wilson stops trying to play hero ball when its not there, he'll improve.

16 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Ok more like skimmed through on game pass just on offensive positions. But still…

Run game had a very good day. Carter was awesome. 
And that was about it for the offense. 

Down in the red zone. I get you’re running well but can’t run it 3 straight and kick a fg. Nope. 

Saleh said Zach needs to play boring and that was so apparent rewatching it. Kroft was wide open for a first down and decides to push it downfield to Davis. Missed some check downs as well. I do think Crowder being back could help that greatly. We’ll see. 

By the time the 3rd and 4th pick came, the Pats D just teed off and it was over.  

Lefluer also needs to dial it back a bit. Your run game is working, give your QB short easy reads and move the ball. 

But you know what this all sounds like? A rookie QB and rookie OC making some mistakes in their 2nd game ever together. Let’s hope Wilson learns to be okay with just taking the boring throws. Let’s hope Lefluer learns when to give him those throws and make it a bit easier. 

Aright, that’s all I got. If they do this again next week, dump this thread and we riot. Go Jets!

I'm not sold on the running game yet, I know that it is run by committee, but who distinguished themselves as the best in the room?, one week we couldn't get 4th and one, the next we can't punch it in at the goal line... something very finesse about this type of offense...lets get a little smashmouth mixed in with quick short passes

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

OK, if we're gonna be adults about this - then lets be honest - you can't point to one thing for any of those guys. They all narratives such as yours when they started out. Wilson has the most arm talent and natural at the position vs all these other names - and by all accounts the head on his shoulders to match. 

But he's not immune to going down with the ship. I think Bryce Hall was the only active players yesterday from 2020 draft.

There's problems.

Of course. Honestly, if he does this again next week and shows no progression with these things, I’ll prob be jumping ship. Because the mistakes are clear as day on film. 

The whole team was fine for the most part and Wilson held them back from a win. Lefluer actually called a great game. I take back my other comment. Moore should’ve also had 2 TDs. 

16 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Ok more like skimmed through on game pass just on offensive positions. But still…

Down in the red zone. I get you’re running well but can’t run it 3 straight and kick a fg. Nope. 

Saleh said Zach needs to play boring and that was so apparent rewatching it. Kroft was wide open for a first down and decides to push it downfield to Davis. Missed some check downs as well. I do think Crowder being back could help that greatly. We’ll see. 

By the time the 3rd and 4th pick came, the Pats D just teed off and it was over.  

Lefluer also needs to dial it back a bit. Your run game is working, give your QB short easy reads and move the ball. 

But you know what this all sounds like? A rookie QB and rookie OC making some mistakes in their 2nd game ever together. Let’s hope Wilson learns to be okay with just taking the boring throws. Let’s hope Lefluer learns when to give him those throws and make it a bit easier. 

Aright, that’s all I got. If they do this again next week, dump this thread and we riot. Go Jets!

The run game did well as did Carter because Belichick used more bodies in pass coverage kind of like rex did to Manning and Brady when we beat them back to back in the 2010 playoffs. They gave us the run and that was by design because Belichick was not going to lose to play action and leave most WR's in one on one situations . He also took away Davis with double and triple coverage at times. Zach and LEFLEUR should have adjusted to this but they did not and in turn Zach forced the issue and paid for it. Hopefully it was a valuable lesson.

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

The run game did well as did Carter because Belichick used more bodies in pass coverage kind of like rex did to Manning and Brady when we beat them back to back in the 2010 playoffs. They gave us the run and that was by design because Belichick was not going to lose to play action and leave most WR's in one on one situations . He also took away Davis with double and triple coverage at times. Zach and LEFLEUR should have adjusted to this but they did not and in turn Zach forced the issue and paid for it. Hopefully it was a valuable lesson.

The first 2 picks happened b/c wilson stubbornly forced it into davis when he clearly was not open.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

The first 2 picks happened b/c wilson stubbornly forced it into davis when he clearly was not open.  

Really ?? Read my post we should NOT have been attacking downfield at all in the beginning of this game. We should have recognized the coverage and dink and dunked them to force the issue and we did not. Once The Patriots realized we knew their scheme Belichick would have been forced to move up in coverage. Im well aware Zach forced those balls that much is obvious we simply did not adapt to what we were dealing with at all. Also with guys always in coverage Play Action tends to not work because they are waiting for the pass from a young inexperienced OC and QB. Wonder why there was no sacks or pressure to speak of ? because Belichick sent guys in coverage more often than he blitzed 

1 hour ago, Jet25 said:

I think what will help Wilson a lot is when we have guys underneath that are open, 

I don't know enough about his scheme and blocking in general to have an insight opinion - but i saw a significant improvement from assignment execution in week 1 to 2 regarding the Oline and Running game.

I don't however like what LaFleur is tryin to do with our WRs... this "everyone has to know everything" Bullsh*t -- it goes beyond Mims... @Zachtomims47 talked about Moore have 2 TDs, more needs to start out learning the slot and some Z routes. Watching him to try to come down with a ball on the outside against a 6'+ corner was... obtuse. 

Get your mileage out of your guys in the right way. Put your pride away and work with the current situation, Mike.

17 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

The oc needs to do a better job…. Run more read option and rpos…. You have Wilson who supposedly runs a 4.4….. use the guy the right way…. zach played with a fire under his ass which forced to force the ball he needs to learn that he cannot do that and learn the pro game which is why they needed a vet qb and they royaly ****ed up the situation

5 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

The game is too fast for him right now, it's abundantly obvious. Like you said earlier in another thread, he's not driving into his throws with proper mechanics, leading into him sailing balls high. Even on plays where he has a clean pocket, he's doing the same thing. It's all arm. He's defaulting into his natural gifts as the rule instead of the exception to the rule when plays break down. The decision-making is a tick slow on almost every play and it's not from lack of mental processing, it's from the lack of experience and learning. On a few of the interceptions yesterday, he was predetermining where he was going to throw the ball instead of going with the progression.

He's also holding the ball way too long. Finding Corey Davis is an example of this problem. He's not always taking what's available and open because he's waiting for Davis's route to fully develop. Yes, he's the number one option, but this offense is built on versatility and having the receivers be able to play multiple positions on it. Keying in on guys instead of how the route concepts play into the defense is going to be bad in the long-run. 

And this is all to be expected. He faced low-level competition and dominated in just one year of his college career. The question is will he adjust and continue to learn or will he continue to have these tendencies? I know Cavanaugh is back, but the Jets badly need someone who is going to force Zach to maintain his footwork and timing.

The concerning part for me is, all the flaws you point out both mechanical and mental were on full display in college.  Full display.  You put on one game and you see how sloppy he is.  Just an absolute mess just getting away on pure talent playing backyard yolo Football vs. lesser opponents.  And yet, they seemingly havent coached any of this out of him.  I get Saleh said he needs to play boring Football but that's not who he is.  That is not the player you drafted.  So who's actually developing this kid?  

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Zach needs to scramble more, so many times he gets open running lanes he needs to take some to keep defenders guessing.

His running ability is super underrated IMO 

It seems like they don't want him running and getting hurt.  He  looks quick and can probably rush for 70 yards a game. He just is not big enough to rage take hits

• Sympathy 1

38 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

If someone needs to touch a hot stove 4 times in a 2 hour period to finally realize it's hot...  that person is mentally disabled. 

You are very critical of a rookie after his second professional game but wanted to give Darnold another season after 3 terrible ones…

Asking for integrity and consistency from Jet fans, I guess I’m the fool  

18 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

And lest not forget these QBs were all selected from 1-15 in the 1st round for a reason, and that reason is their teams were not good and still have weaknesses that will also make it difficult on the QB especially till the team gets better players as well as the QB getting better in the pro systems. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Literally looking right past the wide open man underneath. To say f u I’m going for a big gain here. Hero ball.
He’ll learn. Hopefully. 

2CB39EDB-E21A-4884-A88B-9B5CCF0E606F.png

D3072FC9-C383-49F7-AAB0-CEA1E75974CC.png

40699505-3B96-4B3F-AAFE-288BECD9AC1B.png

There's absolutely nothing wrong with pushing the ball down field.  Just because a guy is open short doesn't mean you HAVE to throw it to him.

Zach's biggest problem yesterday was the ball wasn't going where he wanted it to.  He was terribly inaccurate, even on many of his completions.

Yes, he made some bad choices too - but his biggest problem was accuracy.

20 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

You are very critical of a rookie after his second professional game but wanted to give Darnold another season after 3 terrible ones…

Asking for integrity and consistency from Jet fans, I guess I’m the fool  

Not really comparable  

Many knew Sam still had hope and just needed an nfl caliber team around him.  So far this season Sam has proven that is true.

Zach does have a solid team around him.  Most of Sam's time here was spent with one or no nfl WRs, a disgraceful oline, crap coach, and so on...

That wasn't the issue yesterday.  Zach had good WRs, good protection, good running game, very good defense.  The team around him is currently halfway decent.  Sam NEVER had that.

Zach was just a complete f###in idiot.

We know he's sort of a gunslinger.  So what should have happened yesterday...

Dumb INT 1:  OK kid, chin up.  Nice try, but no need for that.

Dumb INT 2:  Enough.  We're running the ball well, playing D well.  Stop losing the game for the rest of the team here kid.

Dumb INT 3:  Listen ya lil sh!t, you're benched.

Dumb INT 4:  Should never have happened because he should have been benched.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

The concerning part for me is, all the flaws you point out both mechanical and mental were on full display in college.  Full display.  You put on one game and you see how sloppy he is.  Just an absolute mess just getting away on pure talent playing backyard yolo Football vs. lesser opponents.  And yet, they seemingly havent coached any of this out of him.  I get Saleh said he needs to play boring Football but that's not who he is.  That is not the player you drafted.  So who's actually developing this kid?  

I think that's a little harsh -- but watching the game yesterday I was thinking that despite all the Rodgers talk (from Zach and others) he plays a lot more like Favre. He's a gunslinger, for sure.

6 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Not really comparable  

Many knew Sam still had hope and just needed an nfl caliber team around him.  So far this season Sam has proven that is true.

Zach does have a solid team around him.  Most of Sam's time here was spent with one or no nfl WRs, a disgraceful oline, crap coach, and so on...

That wasn't the issue yesterday.  Zach had good WRs, good protection, good running game, very good defense.  The team around him is currently halfway decent.  Sam NEVER had that.

Zach was just a complete f###in idiot.

We know he's sort of a gunslinger.  So what should have happened yesterday...

Dumb INT 1:  OK kid, chin up.  Nice try, but no need for that.

Dumb INT 2:  Enough.  We're running the ball well, playing D well.  Stop losing the game for the rest of the team here kid.

Dumb INT 3:  Listen ya lil sh!t, you're benched.

Dumb INT 4:  Should never have happened because he should have been benched.

Let me help you because you seemed confused, what Sam Darnold is doing in Carolina is called game manager, he was drafted 3rd overall expected to be a future top 10 QB. 

So even now after Darnold’s 2 games of “success” you Darnold lovers still move the goalpost - Newsflash he was expected to be a top 10 QB right now not a game manager on his second team.

Regardless of anything Zach is still a rookie in the NFL

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Barton said:

At least Wilson has the balls to attempt big boy throws. We never saw much of that the past 10 years. 

? How did that work out? Fine line between balls and stupid. We saw plenty of that the last 10 years. He is a rookie and I am not hating on him. JD needed to give him veteran QB help, that is his job as a GM.  Even if they hated Sam they should have kept him here for at least one year. Sam D probably would have won that game yesterday. The whole team was decent until the turnovers beat them down. ZW was the reason we lost.