We are not a garbage fanbase

Just now, Beerfish said:

Totally agree with Gastinaue Lives.  Jets have a loyal, smart good fan base.

There are so many laughable fan basses that have been handed glory that were not there before they got good and will be gone as soon as their team have a few bad years.

You mean the Florida/Miami Marlins aren't a pinnacle of baseball fandom?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Totally agree with Gastinaue Lives.  Jets have a loyal, smart good fan base.

There are so many laughable fan basses that have been handed glory that were not there before they got good and will be gone as soon as their team have a few bad years.

They occupied a good part of the stadium today. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, longsuffering88 said:

Sorry to say I blame the moron season ticket holders and others who go there week in week out. You fools just want to get drunk and barbecue away from your wives and family

Selfish

this is why we can never get woody to sell the team - he’s got too many nut huggers making him richer

Yes, this is why.

4 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

When you go through so many changes and nothing works it's hard but the stadium was full, people were pumped and we get...today. 

Playing a team that has had a system that has been running like a well oiled machine for 20 years... Yet the fans think that the Jets full of some of the youngest in the NFL with an entirely new system on both sides of the ball would crush them? 

The Jets were competitive all game even with the turnovers... There were mistakes but they didn't get their doors blown off... It got out of hand at the end when Zach started really pressing... 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, undertow said:

I was with you till you mentioned Twitter and Youtube...the dumbest sh*t I've heard over the past two years have been on Twitter and Youtube. lol  Being a good fan doesn't mean being a complete homer. 

I'm not even talking about the homerism. I'm talking about the level of dedication when this team deserves none of it and the fans deserve so much better.

I'm talking about how we seem to kick each other in the balls here when all of us want the same thing and we get kicked in the balls over and over. 

• Sympathy 2

23 minutes ago, jgb said:

If it’s not entertaining, stop watching. I’m done watching the Jets for now. Better stuff to do. I’ll catch them for 15 seconds every weekend on red zone when they kick a FG.

I have done this for a couple of years.  I raced home after a day offshore fishing to watch the game on DVR.

Team played good.  Wilson was complete trash. 

50 years of this… they don’t deserve us. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I'm not even talking about the homerism. I'm talking about the level of dedication when this team deserves none of it and the fans deserve so much better.

This is true...people waste an awful lot of time on this garbage we can agree on that.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, longsuffering88 said:

Sorry to say I blame the moron season ticket holders and others who go there week in week out. You fools just want to get drunk and barbecue away from your wives and family

Selfish

this is why we can never get woody to sell the team - he’s got too many nut huggers making him richer

I had STs for 36 years and you completely miss the point and fun of going to games.

But thats fine, you can stay away if you want.  Just dont make fun of us who enjoy games live

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Go on and make fun @Warfish I don't care what you think. You watch the games from DC or wherever the **** you live. Im at the stadium and see all these people putting their money and their time and their hearts into this team, taking two or three hours to get home, driving from Virginia at 2am to get to the game, etc and get nothing in return. So laugh all you want.

Clearly, you give quite a bit of a sh*t what I say (or in this case, that I lol emoji'd).

If you didn't care what I thought, you wouldn't have spewed out....whatever this is.

If you're this butthurt over what was a "I feel you, lol" emoji, maybe you need to take a break.  We're all frustrated with this start.   

If the product isn't worth your time and money, stop spending your time and money on it.

P.S. The Jets have a core of great, loyal, dedicated, poorly-repaid fans, I agree.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I had STs for 36 years and you completely miss the point and fun of going to games.

But thats fine, you can stay away if you want.  Just dont make fun of us who enjoy games live

I agree with this. Not cool to attack people who enjoy watching, going to the games, spending time with family. No one should tell someone how to fan. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Clearly, you give quite a bit of a sh*t what I say (or in this case, that I lol emoji'd).

If you didn't care what I thought, you wouldn't have spewed out....whatever this is.

If you're this butthurt over what was a "I feel you, lol" emoji, maybe you need to take a break.  We're all frustrated with this start.   

If the product isn't worth your time and money, stop spending your time and money on it.

P.S. The Jets have a core of great, loyal, dedicated, poorly-repaid fans, I agree.  

Warfish, for better or worse I look forward to Sundays, I look forward to training camp, the draft, September. 

And yeah it bothers me. I'm honestly expressing my thoughts. I don't know alot about x's and o's or the intricacies of the salary cap, but I watch people, people that I saw today at the stadium, guys with youtube channels, families, etc,  so that's what I decided to post about and I get mocked. My brother has a pretty big twitter following and he does giveaways of merch and I can see how people have bonded over this team, how a sense of community is formed, friendships. I was touched by the atmosphere around it all. 

I care about what people think, maybe too much, but I'm an artist, so I'm a little bit more expressive but also more sensitive to criticism.

This team and football are part of my psyche now, just like it is yours. You wouldn't be here every day if it wasn't. I can do it with baseball, basketball, but not football. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Warfish, for better or worse I look forward to Sundays, I look forward to training camp, the draft, September. 

And yeah it bothers me. I'm honestly expressing my thoughts. I don't know alot about x's and o's or the intricacies of the salary cap, but I watch people, people that I saw today at the stadium, guys with youtube channels, families, etc,  so that's what I decided to post about and I get mocked. My brother has a pretty big twitter following and he does giveaways of merch and I can see how people have bonded over this team, how a sense of community is formed, friendships. I was touched by the atmosphere around it all. 

I care about what people think, maybe too much, but I'm an artist, so I'm a little bit more expressive but also more sensitive to criticism.

This team and football are part of my psyche now, just like it is yours. You wouldn't be here every day if it wasn't. I can do it with baseball, basketball, but not football. 

We all do mate.  No one here is a casual, we're all as die hard as they come.  It bothers us too.

Yes, I'd say it seems you care too much what people think.  Don't let them get to you mate.  Fans of other NFL team's, with a few exceptions, will never understand what being us is like.

We have enough to live with without worrying about non-Jets Fans.

Chin up mate.  Chin up. ?

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

When you go through so many changes and nothing works it's hard but the stadium was full, people were pumped and we get...today. 

So if the fans are so knowledgeable why were people expecting anything different today and then cry about it?  

A rookie QB in his 2nd NFL game going against a Belichick coached team?  You really expected different results? 

I'm just happy Wilson didn’t have the deer in headlights look or look overwhelmed like every other Jets rookie QB playing against Belichick. He just made dumb, rookie QB mistakes.

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

So if the fans are so knowledgeable why were people expecting anything different today and then cry about it?  

A rookie QB in his 2nd NFL game going against a Belichick coached team?  You really expected different results? 

I'm just happy Wilson didn’t have the deer in headlights look or look overwhelmed like every other Jets rookie QB playing against Belichick. He just made dumb, rookie QB mistakes.

There's a difference between expectations and enthusiasm.

43 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

The biggest issue with this fanbase right now is that they have seen so much losing that they can't be patient enough to wait for the change... 

I take offense to that.  No matter what the Saleh Jets are selling, the fans are in Year 5 of the deep rebuild.  We have shown incredible patience.  We sat through 2017 Sucking For Sam for the greater good.  We sat through 2018 and the Rookie Sam Growing Pains for the greater good.  We were devastated with all the injuries at 1-7 and then given some glimmer of hope by 6-2 in 2019.  And then the wheels fell off in 2020.  And now we look even worse in 2021.

No one is looking for instant playoffs.  We are looking for our GM to get the draft and FA right.  We are looking for our new OC to move the ball and score more than 20 points.  We are looking for our young players to show glimpses of greatness.  And we're seeing none of it.  Our patience has been rewarded with slogans and t-shirts and camp hype and YouTube documentaries and nothing else.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

Just now, SAR I said:

I take offense to that.  No matter what the Saleh Jets are selling, the fans are in Year 5 of the deep rebuild.  We have shown incredible patience.  We sat through 2017 Sucking For Sam for the greater good.  We sat through 2018 and the Rookie Sam Growing Pains for the greater good.  We were devastated with all the injuries at 1-7 and then given some glimmer of hope by 6-2 in 2019.  And then the wheels fell off in 2020.  And now we look even worse in 2021.

No one is looking for instant playoffs.  We are looking for our GM to get the draft and FA right.  We are looking for our new OC to move the ball and score more than 20 points.  We are looking for our young players to improve.  And we're seeing none of it.  Our patience has been rewarded with slogans and t-shirts and YouTube documentaries and nothing else.

SAR I

Enough with your shtick... I get what purpose you are to the site... Don't lie and say this is year 5... Its basically year 1...

Macs failure to bring talent and coach set the team back again for another rebuild built for this now rookie HC... Spare me your BS sh*t and go back to cheering on Gase. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2