booing Zach

doitny

46 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Who said they were booing Zac?

I see this type of thing often pick out one player usually the high profile guy and say the fans were booing 'him'.

They were booing the Jets stinking for the 100th year in a row.  Fans are fed up with suckage.

Want to avoid booing?  Git gud. or L2P

I was at the game. Trust me, they were booing Zack. 

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well if you are speaking for a whole stadium.

Hey I've been at sporting events and booed my home team, not once have I booed a specific player.

The ints are the lightning rod obviously.

When you hear an entire section yell BOO, YOU SUCK, you can be pretty sure they are booing one player and probably  everyone else feels the same

43 minutes ago, Larz said:

Amateurish assumption by JD thinking that he would get two tank ( sorry , competitive rebuild) years in a row and fans would support it 

it’s been 556 weeks since a Jets playoff game. He’s in over his head.  

440 of those weeks aren’t on him. 554 weeks aren’t on Saleh and Wilson. 

11 minutes ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

Jets fans booed Wilson in his first home game….his first actual time playing in front of his “fans”

thats worse than the Philly fans booing Santa Clause imo

shameful

Well maybe he shouldn't  have made his first two passes in front of his home fans picks. It seemed like he was completing more passes to the Pats in the first qrt. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

Jets fans booed Wilson in his first home game….his first actual time playing in front of his “fans”

shameful

thats what im saying. 

and its not like he had a bad game last week. if he threw 4 INTs last week and then 4 this week i could understand it.

im surprised so many are fighting for there right to boo. yeah boo a guy who got a year or more, not a guy playing this 2nd game. and our hopefully FQB.

all summer long i heard how we have to protect Zach. do everything to help him succeed. well i guess they didnt mean protect him from the fans. 

but they dont care, they will boo him even if it helps him fail. then we can draft another QB in 2023 and do it all over again. and we can blame the new GM as to why he cant get good FAs to come here. i wonder why.

supporting your QB doesn't mean just to give him a solid line and weapons. it also means fan support too. 

• WTF? 1

He's got millions in the bank, a smoke show girlfriend, and grown men have been dry humping him for months on these forums.

If he can't handle a little booing then he should be traded to whoever wants to give us a 5th rounder.

Luckily he answered the question about being booed correctly and doesn't seem to be as Charmin soft as he looks.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

well maybe if he had a chance to get his feet wet he can handle it. 
we all talked how this team damaged Sam. you don't think the booing damages a kid in his 2nd game. bad enough he has a horrible performance on his mind he also has to think about that too.
we all talked about how we didn't do enough to help Sam succeed. you think booing him in his 2nd game help him to succeed?
you want to give birth to a full grown man. it doesn't work like that. 
STOP with this Sam excuses bullshiiit!!!!! The kid doesn't have the same excuses today
The oline played good, the rb did their job, the D was on point.

He lost the ****oong game....he did, noone else. Point blank period. If he is such a pansy ass football player that he can't handle getting his ego bruised after he throws 4....I'll say it again FOUR interceptions then he might as well walk away from professional sports right now.

Sent from the NY Jets Training Camp Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

thats what im saying. 
and its not like he had a bad game last week. if he threw 4 INTs last week and then 4 this week i could understand it.
im surprised so many are fighting for there right to boo. yeah boo a guy who got a year or more, not a guy playing this 2nd game. and our hopefully FQB.
all summer long i heard how we have to protect Zach. do everything to help him succeed. well i guess they didnt mean protect him from the fans. 
but they dont care, they will boo him even if it helps him fail. then we can draft another QB in 2023 and do it all over again. and we can blame the new GM as to why he cant get good FAs to come here. i wonder why.
supporting your QB doesn't mean just to give him a solid line and weapons. it also means fan support too. 
Oh please

• Upvote 2

I'm one of the more positive posters on this board and I still think Wilson will be a good one but I don't see a problem with the boos. His performance was dogsh*t. 3 of those INT's were absolutely horrible throws. What was he thinking? People who spend good money and take the time to go to the stadium have every right to boo after a performance like that. Rookie or not. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The booing was childish and pathetic by the fans. The kid is a rookie in his first home game. Can we at least wait until game 2 before he start to run the kid out of town? 

With that said, he did earn every one of them. 

Ironically, the brightest part of his day was his response to those boos after the game. 

He wore a "prove them wrong" bracelet through college.   He'll be fine.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

People spent a ton of money and haven’t seen a live game in years.  It was a discouraging performance, snd he deserved the boos. The team balled out for him and he threw it away. He’s going to learn and get better. If he doesn’t than we move on. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The booing was childish and pathetic by the fans. The kid is a rookie in his first home game. Can we at least wait until game 2 before he start to run the kid out of town? 

Ironically, the brightest part of his day was his response to those boos after the game. 

This is professional football. ZW just signed a contract that guaranteed him $35MM. Get used to it. 

• Upvote 1

FUUUUUUUUCK THIS. NY is the greatest town to win in, so ******* win. NY is the greatest and I mean it’s not close fan base for a variety of sports — just look at NYJ attendance. And the NYG while far more conservative is also huge (more huge) and rabid (less rabid). NY is a basketball town. The Knicks are HUUUUUGE here. The fan base is rabid. Supporting years of crap. Just like the Jets. The Mets and Yankees speak for themselves. It’s a HUGE baseball town.

The fans deserve so much better than we’ve gotten unless you are a Yankees or Giants fan. The Yanks win perpetually, the greatest franchise in sports not named Canadiens. (I’m a Mets fan). The Giants have won a Super Bowl in every single decade since the 1980s. For Four Decades. What other team can say that? What other franchise in any other sport? 

WE DESERVE SO MUCH BETTER. YOU GET IT DONE OR YOU GET OUT. FIRED. GO TO ****INGF CHARLOTTE AND HAVE A NICE LITTLE FARM. YOU MAKE IT HERE YOU CAN MAKE IT ANYWHERE. IF YOU DON’T, AND WE ARE PATIENT, YOU GET BOOED. LINDOR GETS nearly 1/2 BILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT? YOU BETTER ******* PERFORM LIKE INSIDE STONKS. ALL OF THIS STINKS TO HIGH HEAVEN AND DESERVES ALL CAPS FOREVER. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I always find it funny how when a team plays bad, there are some fans who get more mad at other fans for their reaction to it than the players/coaches lol.

If the guys on the field perform the way they should, they won't have to worry about getting booed.

Booing a player is not going to ruin him unless he is mentally weak.

Zach Wilson was awful today. Hopefully it's just a bad game for a rookie QB and he can learn from it and move on. But I can't blame fans for booing. 

We call them "homers."

4 hours ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

shameful

Welcome to NY, Zackopana.

4 hours ago, doitny said:

Negative reinforcement is powerful.

3 hours ago, Pac said:

He's got millions in the bank, a smoke show girlfriend, and grown men have been dry humping him for months on these forums.

If he can't handle a little booing then he should be traded to whoever wants to give us a 5th rounder.

Luckily he answered the question about being booed correctly and doesn't seem to be as Charmin soft as he looks.

3 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

STOP with this Sam excuses bullshiiit!!!!! The kid doesn't have the same excuses today
The oline played good, the rb did their job, the D was on point.

He lost the ****oong game....he did, noone else. Point blank period. If he is such a pansy ass football player that he can't handle getting his ego bruised after he throws 4....I'll say it again FOUR interceptions then he might as well walk away from professional sports right now.

I'm taking crowd sourcing donations to start producing the prototype version of the Zack Wilson Excuse Twister home edition.

twister.thumb.png.788852f23e2017c111669a58163b1f66.png

3 hours ago, GangGreened said:

Oh stfu. The kid played terrible today. He had plenty of time and no excuses and he played TERRIBLE. Can’t handle the boo birds then get out 

Correctomundo.

3 hours ago, Action Zachtion said:

Cimini is perfect and should never be trashed on JN again.  He is what Jets fans want him to be.  

When the news is always bad, the messenger is never safe among the fanatical.

3 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

woman screaming GIF by Kathiuska

46 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

People pay their money they can boo all they want.

I think our new chant should be **** Woody Johnson.

Woody/Chris did follow a mature process this time. By all accounts, JD and Saleh were excellent hires. There are no guarantees but for once the Jets did get some highly-sought-after candidates. The current failures are more on JD than ownership, this time. He needs a major turnaround in last year's draft class and some hits in this year's stat. His draft record is looking indefensible. His FAs have been terrible -- jury still out on Corey Davis. The only thing he's done well is unload talent for good returns. But you can't sell your way to prosperity in this league unless you put the returns to good use.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Suck it up buttercup. 

Don't want to get booed. 

Play better. 

Wilson's press conference was solid. No excuses. Flipped on a journalist who asked if he saw ghosts. He didnt think it was funny and gave him a dirty look which he deserved.  He'll learn from all this.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

We call them "homers."

Welcome to NY, Zackopana.

Negative reinforcement is powerful.

I'm taking crowd sourcing donations to start producing the prototype version of the Zack Wilson Excuse Twister home edition.

twister.thumb.png.788852f23e2017c111669a58163b1f66.png

Correctomundo.

When the news is always bad, the messenger is never safe among the fanatical.

woman screaming GIF by Kathiuska

Woody/Chris did follow a mature process this time. By all accounts, JD and Saleh were excellent hires. There are no guarantees but for once the Jets did get some highly-sought-after candidates. The current failures are more on JD than ownership, this time. He needs a major turnaround in last year's draft class and some hits in this year's stat. His draft record is looking indefensible. His FAs have been terrible -- jury still out on Corey Davis. The only thing he's done well is unload talent for good returns. But you can't sell your way to prosperity in this league unless you put the returns to good use.

JD and SALEH are paper tigers — they have done nothing in lateral positions because they are novices in their positions. Yeah they can be phenoms but fact. Is there is no past performance. It is much more likely they aren’t Theo Epstein and Bear Bryant.

That’s why so many people were like GO GET COWHER when it was apparent he may have Ben available — Or anyone that is not a first time at the new job, but someone with bonafides.

Saleh was the flavor of the month. This team hasn’t beaten the Pats since Rex Ryan. Mime McCarthy also says hi and wyd these days. Remember going Adam Gase instead of McCarthy, because Rodgers was the good guy in that comic book. Ok.    

• WTF? 1