The “rebuild” isn’t working

kevinc855

What’s the plan?! Seriously been asking this for 3 years with ridicule till the last few weeks people started taking notice.

We have stripped this team of any talent at all justifying it with “draft capital” Well how’s that  working out for us? 

We have gutted all veteran talent with trades or cuts for “cap space” Well how’s that working for us?

We decided to throw a QB on an NFL field without a real oline and zero mentorship with a veteran. Well how’s that work out for us?

This “rebuild” is failing. The boo birds were out in game 1 of 9 home games. The Jets cannot continue to put garbage on the field and get a pass yet again how some “rebuild” plan we never see the results from. 

I seriously don’t know or understand the “rebuild” 

• Upvote 14
  • Thumb Down 13

There were so many players in Free Agency who were available who could have helped us this year lol. But because they aren't draft picks, the Jets seem uninterested in most of them. Very frustrating. This is looking like another long year. At some point the team has to win or the people making the decisions have to be held accountable.

Since next year is only going to be Wilson's second year, whats the amount of wins we can expect? 5? This is garbage.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

The rebuild is supposed to be based off playing our young players and building a “core”……if I’m not mistaken Bryce hall was the only player from 2020 draft class that played yesterday.  Ouch 

yep that is why I posted the question -folks want u to wait though the standard 3-4 years when some of his guys are not on the team and others are not eve playing-imagine drafting a high pick wr and year 2 he can't get ahead of berrios on the depth chart

4 minutes ago, kmnj said:

yep that is why I posted the question -folks want u to wait though the standard 3-4 years when some of his guys are not on the team and others are not eve playing-imagine drafting a high pick wr and year 2 he can't get ahead of berrios on the depth chart

in fairness: becton, davis, perine, clark and mann were all hurt. mims was a shock he wasn't active. zuniga is on the PS.  only one not here is morgan - which i think we all agree was a terrible pick given where he was taken.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I would disagree.  I saw a team that played pretty well around the QB but our rookie QB had a rookie game.  Decent QB play and the jets win yesterday but Zach was awful.  It happens and will happen again but there will be good games in there as well.  This will be a different team the second half of the season

I’m just amazed of how many seasons fans are willing to concede for “next year” 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

I never understood the fans that say “this year is a rebuild we’re gonna suck.” I don’t buy it. Year 2 for Douglas, this team should by the end of the year look mostly complete. It’s game 2 of 17. Week 1 and week 2 had entirely different problems, by week 8 most of it should be ironed out and consistent. 

It’s year 3 for JD. Let’s call it like it is 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, heymangold said:

in fairness: becton, davis, perine, clark and mann were all hurt. mims was a shock he wasn't active. zuniga is on the PS.  only one not here is morgan - which i think we all agree was a terrible pick given where he was taken.

5 draft picks hurt.  that is unheard of.

he's on the hot seat in my view.  if his first draft class ends up stinking and Wilson doesn't take a big leap next year - i think he's gone.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

What’s the plan?! Seriously been asking this for 3 years with ridicule till the last few weeks people started taking notice.

We have stripped this team of any talent at all justifying it with “draft capital” Well how’s that  working out for us? 

We have gutted all veteran talent with trades or cuts for “cap space” Well how’s that working for us?

We decided to throw a QB on an NFL field without a real oline and zero mentorship with a veteran. Well how’s that work out for us?

This “rebuild” is failing. The boo birds were out in game 1 of 9 home games. The Jets cannot continue to put garbage on the field and get a pass yet again how some “rebuild” plan we never see the results from. 

Last few weeks? Kev? People been questioning this perpetual re-build for a decade. 

Adams and Leo were addition by subtraction. Paying then a kings ransom wasn’t ever going to help this team be a sustainable winner. Yet, Draft picks are only good if you draft good. Ughh!!! Jets  are historically bad at drafting and seems Joe so far is sadly living up to tradition. Can’t think of anymore “ talent we stripped.”

Getting draft picks is good, drafting bad is bad. Being in good cap health is good unless you suck and don’t win. I will literally eat the left shoe of the next person that tells me. “ We aren’t in win now mode!” GFY! Winning is a habit-period. 

The idea of a veteran mentor is an old wives tale. Doesn’t exist, just cool way for old QBs who suck can get paid nicely to feign friendship. We needed a guy that can play football if Zach couldn’t. Zach should have gotten a breather after his 3rd pick yesterday. Let him think about it, let it slow down. Big miss not bringing anyone in by this front  office. O line was hardly the problem yesterday. Let’s wait till next week to blame them, Zach just sucked yesterday, period. 

The rebuild is nothing more but than a word the Jets use for we are gonna lose a lot because we suck strongly at everything good NFL franchises do well. I do think Saleh has potential as a man, leader and coach but that’s honestly yet to be seen. Boo Birds! Fans have been let down and literally hornswoggled by this franchise as a primary operation function. 

I agree Kev!!! Has to stop!! Good first step?

FREE DENZEL!!

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

42 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

A halfway competitive football team. To much to ask?

exactly. that looks like it belongs in the NFL. This is a AAA quality team. JD/ Selah thought it'd be cute to start all the kids and now we see that a team of kids gets pushed around by men, imagine that.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, JazzyJet said:

exactly. that looks like it belongs in the NFL. This is a AAA quality team. JD/ Selah thought it'd be cute to start all the kids and now we see that a team of kids gets pushed around by men, imagine that.

Plus 1. A lot of folks seemed to like their idea of playing young guys. @GREENBEAN said “imagine that” play the guys we draft like it was smart. It ain’t smart. 

There is a reason some of these guys were taken late or not taken 

40 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Joe d supporters how many players from his first draft were on the field and playing yesterday?

one player yep one player

that is not how the rebuild works especially after getting rid of talent that we had

becton, davis, mann, perrine, and clark are injured.  you can criticise all you want about guys like zuniga and even mims.  even there mims didn't play because of the coaches decision.  so just what other douglas draftee from 2 years ago besides hall?  and of the 2020 draftees which ones actually haven't shown anything?  zuniga, morgan, clark.  getting 5 players out of a draft is pretty darn good and becton promises to be a special player and maybe even mims.

• Upvote 1

Unless the mentor is named Peyton, Tom, Drew or Aaron ... there is no point ... you want him to learn how to be mediocre ?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I have news for you. Our 2019 team would beat our 2021 team. Disagree? 

That’s not really news, and since the 2019 team started 0-3, including a blowout loss to the Pats, yeah, I do kinda disagree, but anyway my question was: what talent from the 2019 team would be powering us to success today?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Great post and you will prob get crushed by half the fan base that is going to yell at you for your "lack of patience"....

JDs plan is backfiring....   id love for him to actually explain to fanbase what his plan is.    

I thought yesterday was a very winnable game.  The score only reflects the difference in turnovers.  Wilson thought he could rifle the ball into any small area and he was wrong.  He thought he could force the ball to davis and he was wrong.  He had a quote from training camp that he wanted to see what he could get away with and that’s why he had some ints in camp.  Well, he did it again vs NE.  The first 2 picks were so easily avoidable.  Don’t force it to davis over the middle in double coverage and throw it to the underneath guy in moore and take the easy yards.  Simple lessons, but the jets have a very aggressive qb who needed a game like this to help convince himself he can’t do that.

otherwise, lots of rooks played well.  If the geniuses actually played mims it would look even better. 

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

That’s not really news, and since the 2019 team started 0-3, including a blowout loss to the Pats, yeah, I do kinda disagree, but anyway my question was: what talent from the 2019 team would be powering us to success today?

They won 7 games. They were not better they were much better